PDA

View Full Version : Highlander Season 21 - Map and Weapons Survey Results

Pages : [1] 2

Kumori
January 9th, 2017, 05:31 PM
Greetings, Mercenaries!

Thanks to all of the 1,025 players that have participated in our survey! What a great turn around!

Link to Survey Results:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1z7lDLzJJ9wq5Aw3GYrZ2c9L6x64jZHvyf15pr6WlpOE

The Survey is broken down between a Summary of All Responses, Map Summary, Weapon Summary and Comments for both Maps and Weapons. The Map Summary also boasts a heat map displaying the best suitible maps to the least suitible maps for Highlander. Both Map and Weapon Summaries also feature a breakdown between Region and Division.

This thread is going to remain open for commenting and discussion. Please stick to topic.

- Kumori
UGC Head Admin

crab_f
January 9th, 2017, 06:45 PM
http://puu.sh/tgVqn/d605193045.png
fess up, which one of you is this much of a child lol

also imo since this season is pretty much guaranteed to be the worst in terms of raw skill level across all divs you shouldn't add any goofy epic maps lest the "ugc is a joke" meme end up being a truth

crab_f
January 9th, 2017, 06:52 PM
cant edit my post for some reason but also also imo since there wasn't a "haven't played" option most people probably didn't think to leave maps they haven't played blank so the actual scores are likely off

Charizard
January 9th, 2017, 07:22 PM
real question is why does turbine have a higher score than gully or process

whymeo
January 9th, 2017, 07:36 PM
Oh god please don't put badwater in rotation because of these results; upward, swiftwater, and borneo are all better payload maps.

VoxDei
January 9th, 2017, 07:59 PM
If Machina and Razorback get unbanned, someone tell bunny that I quit #mcm. I'm playing Sniper in Silver.

Overall it seems the results are about what could be expected from the poll.
Really no surprises in terms of map voting. Badwater is rated high, but because it's such a popular pub map, which was expected, even if I personally believe that Swift/Borneo are better HL maps.
Everything else is pretty much exactly as most would expect. Yeah, Turbine is rated near 4.0, but only 30% would want to try CTF, so despite it being a "good" map according to those that were polled, many felt the gamemode didn't need to be explored.

Region breakdowns for weapons was pretty noteworthy. It's interesting to see the EU/NA divisiveness, but those were probably also expected. With most EU players likely playing in ETF2L as a primary and UGC as a secondary, overall it's not surprising that EU players would prefer that whitelist over the more restrictive UGC list.
Personally, it would make the most sense that the league be balanced more towards what NA players aligned with as the NA playerbase is definitely larger than EU for UGC HL, but Loch n Load/Beggars were in the conversation before this poll went out, so who knows where we might land.

Keith
January 9th, 2017, 08:04 PM
Badwater and process' results are skewed in favor of lower divisions. It's clear plat has no (or less) interest in the current meta for these two maps, so I'd hope that would be accounted for when deciding map rotations.

As for turbine, I really have no explanation.

waxxx
January 9th, 2017, 09:06 PM
Badwater and process' results are skewed in favor of lower divisions. It's clear plat has no (or less) interest in the current meta for these two maps, so I'd hope that would be accounted for when deciding map rotations.

As for turbine, I really have no explanation.

5cp or riot.

that being said, i was surprised how similar some the ratings were for some maps across all divisions/regions. Steel surprised me the most, as lower-level teams tend to loathe that map. another one that surprised me was how high plat rated gullywash. I figured enjoying 5cp HL was a relatively unpopular opinion amongst platinum.

turbine's score is interesting, to say the least.

Martyy
January 9th, 2017, 09:43 PM
millstone got a lower score than 2fort

process got a higher score than gully

turbine got the same score as steel

jesus dude

Etney
January 9th, 2017, 09:59 PM
I'm more amazed at how many people want to un-ban items. 40%'s for machina/soda popper which are direct upgrades and annoying as all hell to play against? 29% want the air strike, the most op soldier weapon out there? Do you want medics to ever get a single uber? Every time these poll results come out, it just further proves that anyone who has not played at least 1 season at a platinum level should have no input whatsoever in decisions like this.

crab_f
January 9th, 2017, 11:07 PM
29% want the air strike, the most op soldier weapon out there?

actually it's not even that good right now

Spu~
January 10th, 2017, 12:50 AM
alright which one of u assholes voted millstone a 1. if u voted millstone a 5 u aint no pussy

Dusk
January 10th, 2017, 07:08 AM
it just further proves that anyone who has not played at least 1 season at a platinum level should have no input whatsoever in decisions like this.

i have played at least 1 season of the highest level of tf2 (asia)

edit:

also

UNPOPULAR OPINION: i thought glassworks and warmtic were fun

Zabi
January 10th, 2017, 11:36 AM
I better see 2Fort on there

waxxx
January 10th, 2017, 04:09 PM
I better see 2Fort on there

All those hours of 2fort intel camping engineer will finally pay off....

Dimento
January 10th, 2017, 05:22 PM
I'm more amazed at how many people want to un-ban items. 40%'s for machina/soda popper which are direct upgrades and annoying as all hell to play against? 29% want the air strike, the most op soldier weapon out there? Do you want medics to ever get a single uber? Every time these poll results come out, it just further proves that anyone who has not played at least 1 season at a platinum level should have no input whatsoever in decisions like this.

this man speaks the truth, although seeing ibby return with a soda popper unban would be...hype (get it cause soda popper hype)

Vipa
January 10th, 2017, 06:20 PM
theres no way anyone above silver voted for process

Martyy
January 10th, 2017, 06:24 PM
cp_gullywash_rc1 cp_process_final
3.5 3.2 (plat)
3.7 3.7 (gold)

Vipa
January 10th, 2017, 06:27 PM
*above a silver level*

Zabi
January 10th, 2017, 06:37 PM
All those hours of 2fort intel camping engineer will finally pay off....

hey ok i ran piss sniper, sticky jumper LnL demo, and camped the battlements as soldier. i am ready to win

Gus
January 10th, 2017, 07:11 PM
As much as I would like to see the beggars unbanned I don't think that the votes outside of plat/maybe gold should be accounted for when talking about weapon bans/unbans

Vipa
January 10th, 2017, 07:58 PM
beggars is garbage now not even the old beggars soldier gods would run it i dont think

Great American
January 10th, 2017, 08:22 PM
theres no way anyone above silver voted for process

sorry boss.

crab_f
January 10th, 2017, 08:47 PM
beggars is garbage now not even the old beggars soldier gods would run it i dont think

as an old beggars god i can personally confirm this

Kumori
January 11th, 2017, 12:48 PM
Hey guys!

Given the results of the survey, here are the eight maps to look forwards to for next season:

Payload: pl_upward, pl_badwater_pro_v9, pl_swiftwater_ugc pl_swiftwater_final1
KOTH: koth_product_rc8, koth_lakeside_final, koth_ashville_rc1
AD: cp_steel
5CP: cp_process_final

From the feedback we have received, we will be using the UGC version of Swiftwater. Please note the maps are not in any particular order as of yet. Be on the lookout for a post on the map order very shortly!

The following weapons will also be unbanned next season:
The Beggar's Bazooka
The Loch-n-Load
The Machina

The Beggar's Bazooka and the Loch-n-Load scored high enough in their own right to be removed from the ban list. The Machina was third highest voted candidate for unban and while it did not pass the 50% threshold, there was enough feedback and interest in unbanning this weapon (especially from the European player base and from older players) that we decided to give it a shot once again.

Posted on mobile.

Spu~
January 11th, 2017, 12:54 PM
People liking bad water smh

Gus
January 11th, 2017, 01:11 PM
Yeah this season is gonna be epic

Arzt. Hispanian
January 11th, 2017, 01:24 PM
Why are silver players allowed to vote on this we took like 3 big steps back in terms of map choice this season

waxxx
January 11th, 2017, 01:28 PM
process : )

badwater :|

machina : (

spu >: (

Dimento
January 11th, 2017, 01:34 PM
why the hell is the machina getting unbanned

snowblindfrog
January 11th, 2017, 01:36 PM
Why are silver players allowed to vote on this we took like 3 big steps back in terms of map choice this season

NA Plat was given 6 out of 8 of their top voted maps. How is that 3 big steps back?

waxxx
January 11th, 2017, 01:36 PM
machina is to hl sniper as gru is to 6s heavy

Vipa
January 11th, 2017, 01:39 PM
forget the map choice the machina is meta breaking

Arzt. Hispanian
January 11th, 2017, 01:43 PM
NA Plat was given 6 out of 8 of their top voted maps. How is that 3 big steps back?

Im not sure if are aware of what plat wants but im pretty sure badwater is not welcomed AT ALL its a terrible map and the pro version isnt any better. Borneo is a much better map in every aspect idk why you downgrade in that. 5cp returning isnt at all that bad but process, PROCESS!!!???!!! like its universally agreed upon gullywash is much much better than process idk why you would pick that over it. We had the best map pool in HL history last season (minus millstone why was it even considered) and you all had to do was replace millstone with another koth or gullywash and it would have been the best map selection ever.

Considering the meme culture that plagues ugc player base basing your decision on surveys for entire season isnt not a good idea AT ALL, its treated more like a joke and see if we can get 2fort in XD. Like at all if you want to do surveys I highly suggest you only do a select group in plat that will do them you will get a better picture of what you are after

snowblindfrog
January 11th, 2017, 01:46 PM
forget the map choice the machina is meta breaking

Here are all the NA Plat/NA Gold comments that mentioned Machina.

No reason to have machina banned if razorback is.

Most of these weapons are banned for really good reasons. The only weapons I would like to see come back to the UGC scene are : Machina : Fully charged headshot, machina or stock rifle, will kill any class. Fully charged bodyshot only deals 20 more damage than the stock rifle. It isn't an unfair weapon. Air-strike : Really easy to counter. Loch-n-load : Weapon has been nerfed really hard. Literally a direct hit for demomen. Should not be banned.

unban either razorback or machina, not both.

Machina is a bit weaker without the razorback (Charging shots leaves you open to backstabs)

The razorback ban should stay if the machina is brought back.

even as a sniper main, i agree that the razorback ban is good for HL. I see no problem with the Machina being unbanned however.

The Machina wasnt the problem, it was the razorback.

Arzt. Hispanian
January 11th, 2017, 01:47 PM
Can you post you who comment that

snowblindfrog
January 11th, 2017, 01:49 PM
Can you post you who comment that

If someone recognizes their own comment they can speak up but I dont feel comfortable outing anyone. Again these are just the machina comments from Plat/Gold. There's plenty more mentions of the machina if you do a search on the comments tab in the doc linked above.

Arzt. Hispanian
January 11th, 2017, 01:50 PM
okay what about the map selection ???

waxxx
January 11th, 2017, 01:56 PM
hard for me to wrap my head around the fact that the people who made some of those comments are considered gold/plat. I'm pretty sure I had these opinions back in s16 when it was my 2nd season ever and I played on a low silver team.

carcin
January 11th, 2017, 02:02 PM
Bary ur dream has come true!!!!

Witness
January 11th, 2017, 02:07 PM
Totally agree with Vipa that higher div player votes (Plat) should really be the ones being looked at here. Everyone having a voice is nice, and I even encourage new ideas/retrying old ones but this Machina choice is rotten imo. There's a 22% difference between players in silver wanting the thing unbanned versus the players in plat wanting it to stay banned. If we are going by your logic of the "50%" rule, the Razorback and Soda Popper should have also been unbanned (These weapons are in/around that 45% range) and maybe the same players who voted for this unban also voted for these so there's that interest from players. I think the 50% threshold should be VERY strict and not allow any exceptions without proper percentages.

Vryktion
January 11th, 2017, 02:07 PM
who can stop the barycenter ?

Spades Slick
January 11th, 2017, 02:15 PM
It's gonna be great we're gonna unban shit that doesn't make sense and play maps good players despise it's gonna be huuuuge

Enderp
January 11th, 2017, 02:19 PM
Map list is fine. No one should have significant complaints with the maps or the balance of game modes. These are all maps that have been in recent seasons with the exception of process, last seen in S17 (with gully last seen in S18). But there are no custom or new maps. So although I would have preferred gully over process, I think it's fine overall.

Regarding the weapon unbans though, the reason why EU may have voted in such a manner is to make UGC's whitelist consistent with ETF2L (their primary league). With the exception of the pre-Gun Mettle pocket pistol, the diamondback (prior to UGC S16), and the reserve shooter (prior to UGC S15), ETF2L's HL whitelist has been more open in recent years.

Personally I think all three weapons should remain banned. Yes, the beggars and LnL were both "nerfed" since they were banned in S15, but I'd prefer to allow these two weapons if we keep machina banned.

No reason to have machina banned if razorback is.
[I collected stats on this almost two seasons ago, but they're at home and I can't access them now.] Snipers were ~3rd highest deaths on their teams in S18, when machina was banned and razorback unbanned. This was based off Mamboulay's stats site on playcomp, so someone can check my stats. The problem with sniper isn't that sniper is alive too much.. It's that sniper's burst damage is too strong. Sniper was either first or second on their team for frags.

Machina : Fully charged headshot, machina or stock rifle, will kill any class. Fully charged bodyshot only deals 20 more damage than the stock rifle. It isn't an unfair weapon.
Not true. Fists of steel heavy without a buff can survive a fully charged headshot from anything but machina. Machina will do 311 damage and kill. The 23 extra damage from a body shot is free damage. The NA HL meta is based around sniper because of the damage from the *stock* sniper rifle. Free damage is free damage. Numbers regarding how the machina ruins buffs were posted 2+ years ago (you can check my posts from around Feb-Mar 2015 and you should see my first arguments for banning this weapon).

unban either razorback or machina, not both.

Machina is a bit weaker without the razorback (Charging shots leaves you open to backstabs)

The razorback ban should stay if the machina is brought back.

even as a sniper main, i agree that the razorback ban is good for HL. I see no problem with the Machina being unbanned however.

The Machina wasnt the problem, it was the razorback.
As someone who has been on a top 3 team in NA HL since S14, I think these quotes highlight an incorrect correlation. Yes, the machina has a benefit of extra damage when fully scoped, which requires a sniper to have a very small fov and be open to backstabs. However, a scoped in sniper is still vulnerable to an gun spy with or without razorback and the spy's respawn time is magnitudes greater than the time it takes to fully charge. Spies top death on their teams in NA HL (which was the case for every team in plat S18, except one iirc).

Also, snipers still dominated last season in plat, and my team had probably the best sniper killer as our spy.

TL;DR Map list is fine. Machina should stay banned because anything that buffs sniper's damage with negligible downsides doesn't help.

retrograde
January 11th, 2017, 02:22 PM
mfw people say more damage isnt a big improvement :thinking: especially when it means you can instakill almost fully buffed 125 health classes :thinking: and slightly hurt 175 classes :thinking: no i cant see why that would be an issue

Spu~
January 11th, 2017, 02:25 PM
I voted to unban machina how mad r u guys

Martyy
January 11th, 2017, 02:29 PM
vocal minority wins again!!!!

Valoon
January 11th, 2017, 02:33 PM
Just curious, but why are we going back to the ugc version of swiftwater? I thought the Valve released one was the improved version from map feedback and playtesting from this thread: http://www.ugcleague.net/forum/showthread.php?49953-pl_swiftwater-Author-Requesting-Post-Season-feedback

Metawe
January 11th, 2017, 02:36 PM
Why the hell would you unban the machina. I know bo4r is probably happy but it has been discussed so much for so many seasons how it's an upgrade for free damage when you do literally nothing different. It's like the same reason why people wanted the diamondback banned, you get rewarded for doing what you should be doing. Sniper is already an overpowered class and dictates a lot of the game, why revert to making it even worse.

Also beggars is dumb but I just want the machina rebanned.

bo4r
January 11th, 2017, 02:45 PM
ban every sniper item but the classic and SMG
make UGC great again

retrograde
January 11th, 2017, 03:16 PM
valve swiftwater is better i agree with my man valoon

Karl
January 11th, 2017, 04:23 PM
and to make it worse all 3 unbanned weapons are especially good vs heavies

brick
January 11th, 2017, 04:54 PM
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
-Albert Einstein

Teetsmcgee
January 11th, 2017, 05:44 PM
Maybe the podgod will come back!

VoxDei
January 11th, 2017, 05:57 PM
Is there [i]any[/] possibility that we get to playtest the Machina and consider rebanning it before the season starts? ie: add it to the whitelist for the remainder of the offseason and have a discussion about how it changed the game via logs and first-person accounts?

Personally, I find it upsetting that IF the machina is as most of us believe it is (read: overpowered) then we have to wait an ENTIRE season before it potentially gets banned again, since it won't get banned mid-season. Please, allow us to confirm that it is as broken as we say it is before we allow one of the few remaining seasons of Highlander to be dictated by a weapon that a MAJORITY of people believe did not deserve an unban.

Second-Fate
January 11th, 2017, 06:05 PM
I hope this is a joke

Spades Slick
January 11th, 2017, 06:10 PM
I hope this is a joke

here's one
league progression

bunnybunny
January 11th, 2017, 06:12 PM
Is there [i]any[/] possibility that we get to playtest the Machina and consider rebanning it before the season starts? ie: add it to the whitelist for the remainder of the offseason and have a discussion about how it changed the game via logs and first-person accounts?

Personally, I find it upsetting that IF the machina is as most of us believe it is (read: overpowered) then we have to wait an ENTIRE season before it potentially gets banned again, since it won't get banned mid-season. Please, allow us to confirm that it is as broken as we say it is before we allow one of the few remaining seasons of Highlander to be dictated by a weapon that a MAJORITY of people believe did not deserve an unban.

this is a pretty sensible request and is something that should be done at the very least, considering what choices were talking about here

Gus
January 11th, 2017, 06:17 PM
Can we keep in mind that the people in silver/steel who voted for machina to be unbanned never played when it was allowed in the first place???

With these players not even knowing what it's like why are their votes counted towards unbanning it.

Vipa
January 11th, 2017, 06:38 PM
Can we keep in mind that the people in silver/steel who voted for machina to be unbanned never played when it was allowed in the first place???

With these players not even knowing what it's like why are their votes counted towards unbanning it.

can't believe I'm saying this but gus is not wrong here

also vox's idea is actually a great one, why not start whitelist testing now so we can actually go into the season informed / potentially change some of these things

Grandislayer
January 11th, 2017, 06:40 PM
can't believe I'm saying this but gus is not wrong here

also vox's idea is actually a great one, why not start whitelist testing now so we can actually go into the season informed / potentially change some of these things

Sensible ideas are strictly forbidden in this here league.

NotACleverMan
January 11th, 2017, 06:56 PM
Machina? Why unban this shitty weapon if we know it won't bring our lord Podgod back?

Karl
January 11th, 2017, 06:57 PM
dK played in a showmatch to test barnblitz pro, the beggars, and the lnl, Xan gave the direct feedback that the LnL was overpowered and an upgrade over any other demo primary. Jarrett, the other top demo at the time, agreed with this sentiment. iirc the loose cannon had not been nerfed yet and was still not as good as the lnl.

Despite the beggars nerf our playing suggested that the core function of massive burst dmg was still there and we agreed it was to strong to unban.

And we saw that the barnblitz was still in need of work. (I think the map is a lost cause and is fundamentally flawed in its layout)

the opinions of top players have not changed, so these whitelist changes are based only on the polls.

Gullywash was also chosen by the plat council many times as a better hl map than process.

Spades Slick
January 11th, 2017, 07:09 PM
But Karl, we gotta listen to the Iron players, remember?

Gunshlinger
January 11th, 2017, 07:11 PM

This. There was a huge, HUGE outcry for people to ban the machina. People in gold and plat want it banned for good reason. In a sniper-centric meta, most of your sniper game is spent scoped. You get 15% more damage for equipping a weapon, why is that fair? Sniper already does an insane amount of damage, why are we giving the sniper more damage? We unbanned the razorback to make the sniper theoretically weaker.

I understand that everyone's vote should count. I'm fine with that in a map vote, because for the most part, that's the biggest part of a season: what maps you play. But when it comes to understanding why certain weapons are banned, steel and silver players don't understand why the machina is banned.

Dr. Alto H. Clef
January 11th, 2017, 07:35 PM
i mean if you've got brain damage and think people that have never played with the machina should have their votes count then that's at least a direct symptom of said brain damage

but why are we going to ugc swiftwater? the pub map had changes made to it with comp in mind and i think everyone i've talked to other than 1 sniper who's upset they can't cheese the 4th roof anymore liked the changes
there's literally nothing that could've spurred this when old swiftwater was broken as fuck

edit: probably because playing a good map isn't as important as playing a map with the ugc logo on it
edit 2:
http://puu.sh/tjagN/45cadb98d1.png
http://puu.sh/tjakT/a4ca6022d7.png
http://puu.sh/tjao4/0c396988eb.png
http://puu.sh/tjauD/cb927fd04a.png

there are literally 4 people who want old swiftwater and one of them thinks yukon should be put into rotation
"they are MADE for comp not pubs" haha holy shit

if the people who made these comments want to add me and discuss this map i'll shove a sewage tank so far down your throat you'll be eating shit for years

edit 3: how is the process/gully rotation still being used when it's been unanimously agreed by like 95% of anyone that's ever won 3 games in plat that gully is objectively better than process in basically every way

exa_
January 11th, 2017, 07:44 PM
I have been away for this league for a while... it is not surprising to see things have not changed much if at all.

_shotaway
January 11th, 2017, 08:00 PM
ah yes, process

http://image.prntscr.com/image/9e39459e8a564c16aae1627d5e654142.png (http://logs.tf/1054013)

this map is very good for highlander

cinder
January 11th, 2017, 08:08 PM
i bet barycenter is responsible for the machina unban. . .

oh well m|M just won

Gus
January 11th, 2017, 08:12 PM
http://i.imgur.com/O12YoXo.jpg
after the drama that happened when ugc killed gold i hope that ugc realises that something needs to change

Enderp
January 11th, 2017, 08:36 PM
after the drama that happened when ugc killed gold i hope that ugc realises that something needs to change

Okay to be fair gold should have been killed 3 years ago.

oddish
January 11th, 2017, 09:04 PM
machina unbanned??? Yes! Time to slaughter everyone and taunt again! : - O

woo!

Etney
January 11th, 2017, 10:11 PM
This just further proves that UGC is trying to kill highlander. Holy shit, this is why we don't listen to bad players. I'd like a statistic of people who have played a season while any of those weapons were unbanned. Same with players who have played since badwater pro or process were last in. Those are very bad HL maps, borneo and gully are 100000% better in every aspect. While I voted for the beggars to be unbanned because I think the nerf has made it pretty trash but still good in certain situations, who has played against me, sneaky or HEARTS using the beggars who voted? Who has played against yosh, bo4r, SGC, bary with the machina? Who has played against Jarrett or Xan with the LnL? Who has even played process in HL that voted yes? These are all people new to HL or from 6s who enjoy the map as a pub/6's map which it's great at. HL, not so much. This is why you make decisions top down.

Spu~
January 11th, 2017, 10:20 PM
I played process when it was played and even i'm not cringey enough to vote for it to be in the rotation. i doubt anyone that played process voted for it to be in.

Contra
January 11th, 2017, 11:05 PM
voting 5CP in Highlander should be a crime punishable by death

but at least process is just frustrating for me, not something that brings pure despair on the level of vanguard

besides that the map rotation is fine, imo, definitely better than anything we've gotten these past few seasons

the only thing I take issue with is that we're still playing Ashville instead of Coalplant (BRING BACK COALPLANT IT WAS THE BETTER MAP), that the Machina is going to result in the Rebirth of Podgod as some scrappy unproven Silver Sniper, and we didn't get borneo instead of badwater

Karl
January 11th, 2017, 11:14 PM
voting 5CP in Highlander should be a crime punishable by death

but at least process is just frustrating for me, not something that brings pure despair on the level of vanguard

besides that the map rotation is fine, imo, definitely better than anything we've gotten these past few seasons

the only thing I take issue with is that we're still playing Ashville instead of Coalplant (BRING BACK COALPLANT IT WAS THE BETTER MAP), that the Machina is going to result in the Rebirth of Podgod as some scrappy unproven Silver Sniper, and we didn't get borneo instead of badwater

coalplant is a lot worse for highlander and the majority of plat leaders agree.

_shotaway
January 11th, 2017, 11:14 PM
Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.
(http://www.ugcleague.net/forum/showthread.php?41228-UGC-HL-S17-Gold-Week-2-Review-amp-Week-3-Preview)

Look SPECIFICALLY at the match times

Martyy
January 11th, 2017, 11:24 PM
(http://www.ugcleague.net/forum/showthread.php?41228-UGC-HL-S17-Gold-Week-2-Review-amp-Week-3-Preview)

fuck yea shortest game that week

ID-MINI
January 11th, 2017, 11:44 PM
Unbanned an item that was at 48% vote to unban it. You sure are a great admin team.

Dr. Alto H. Clef
January 12th, 2017, 12:43 AM
the only thing I take issue with is that we're still playing Ashville instead of Coalplant (BRING BACK COALPLANT IT WAS THE BETTER MAP)

let's take the only koth map that a sniper is even slightly inconvenienced on and blow the sightlines open because m-muh lobby design triggers my autism
also coalplant lower sucks

Martyy
January 12th, 2017, 12:45 AM
can we get an actual response about the machina from the admins?

the only reasons i can understand from this thread is:

euros (when most and the best play ETF2L)
iron-silver players
a small minority of plat-gold players wrote about it in the survey

Dimento
January 12th, 2017, 12:52 AM
i can't edit posts i guess

can we get an actual response about the machina from the admins?*

right click edit post and hit open in a different tab is a work around for that forum bug that's happening

Arzt. Hispanian
January 12th, 2017, 01:19 AM

Pls someone bring back those write ups for this seasons plat!!

Contra
January 12th, 2017, 01:32 AM
let's take the only koth map that a sniper is even slightly inconvenienced on and blow the sightlines open because m-muh lobby design triggers my autism
also coalplant lower sucks

tbh i probably just have coalplant nostalgia because i played it in one of my first seasons and my experiences with ashville typically havent been great in comparison

crab_f
January 12th, 2017, 01:58 AM
(BRING BACK COALPLANT IT WAS THE BETTER MAP)

ashville was actually made to be a highlander version of coalplant https://fi.somethingawful.com/images/smilies/emot-eng101.gif

crab_f
January 12th, 2017, 02:08 AM
hey just saying for the people complaining about machina...have you ever tried just countering it? i mean its just a sniper lol

cinder
January 12th, 2017, 02:42 AM
hey just saying for the people complaining about machina...have you ever tried just countering it? i mean its just a sniper lol

you're right. it's just a sniper.
its just a class that can instantly kill every single other class from any range with the previous exception of ubercharged players and heavies wielding fists of steel, now fists don't work unless you're buffed. i think karl made a post earlier saying that these weapon unbans hurt the heavy class a lot, and that's one of the things we need to look at coming into this season.

snipers only weakness, that being he has 125 HP (185 overhealed) is countered by the current meta, which is to play with a pocket sniper. while the razor ban helps, machina unban makes this 1 step forward, two steps back.

if you play against shit snipers every week then yeah it's just sniper, but if you have to play against an actual good sniper (bo4r, barycenter, andrew, maybe blinxy), you're fucked.

cinder
January 12th, 2017, 02:43 AM
also if crabs post is sarcastic i guess he got me good... . . . ...

Karl
January 12th, 2017, 02:53 AM
also if crabs post is sarcastic i guess he got me good... . . . ...

he just posts baits now for attention I guess

cinder
January 12th, 2017, 02:55 AM
http://c8.alamy.com/comp/DAE80K/european-edible-crab-cancer-pagurus-shell-of-a-dead-crab-at-the-sand-DAE80K.jpg

this is gonna be crab when we play Bv...

Wall
January 12th, 2017, 05:54 AM
I leave for process's last season and come back for its return? what the fuck is this punishment

IcedKappa
January 12th, 2017, 07:35 AM
Is this the part where we replace HL with 7v7?

We have no plans of removing any TF2 format. We will continue to be here providing people a free place to play until the day that we're down to like only 10 teams signing up. :)

Guess my preferred format will never be realized lol

crab_f
January 12th, 2017, 11:23 AM
you're right. it's just a sniper.
its just a class that can instantly kill every single other class from any range with the previous exception of ubercharged players and heavies wielding fists of steel, now fists don't work unless you're buffed. i think karl made a post earlier saying that these weapon unbans hurt the heavy class a lot, and that's one of the things we need to look at coming into this season.

snipers only weakness, that being he has 125 HP (185 overhealed) is countered by the current meta, which is to play with a pocket sniper. while the razor ban helps, machina unban makes this 1 step forward, two steps back.

if you play against shit snipers every week then yeah it's just sniper, but if you have to play against an actual good sniper (bo4r, barycenter, andrew, maybe blinxy), you're fucked.

the 125/185 hp is easily countered by doing that much damage which is just a bit of spam or 2 meaty shots

he just posts baits now for attention I guess

i guess posting an unpopular opinion is just intentionally begging for attention now lol

Vipa
January 12th, 2017, 11:33 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0t_K9Llh3U

Etney
January 12th, 2017, 11:54 AM
the 125/185 hp is easily countered by doing that much damage which is just a bit of spam or 2 meaty shots

i guess posting an unpopular opinion is just intentionally begging for attention now lol

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/08/c4/09/08c409165b14afb0bf5597be63b2a9bb.jpg Jokes on us!

crab_f
January 12th, 2017, 11:57 AM
if you dont agree with me you can tell me why. you dont have to be a dick because you think my opinion sucks lol

carcin
January 12th, 2017, 12:34 PM
crab is in discord talking about how he's trolling the forums rn lol

crab_f
January 12th, 2017, 12:42 PM
crab is in discord talking about how he's trolling the forums rn lol

...im not?
someone please tell me why you cant just simply kill the sniper without being insanely smug or passive-aggressive

retrograde
January 12th, 2017, 12:45 PM
...im not?
someone please tell me why you cant just simply kill the sniper without being insanely smug or passive-aggressive

because the reality for a lot of teams is that highlander is not a 9v9 attack on a payload or control point, its a tower defense where their base is the sniper. good sniper = u have 8 people on ur ass for getting close to him.

Enderp
January 12th, 2017, 01:04 PM
...im not?

Sniper dies enough. Going back to S18 with razorback allowed, snipers were roughly 3rd in their team for deaths for plat. Considering spy should always top death and then soldier likely second, this seems alright to me.

So yeah the problem isn't sniper staying alive, with the exception of bad map design in a few places. The problem is that sniper is usually top or second fragging (which is fine and will happen even if sniper ran only stock with no secondary or melee), but machina provides a practically free upgrade in this area. The downsides rarely matter, but the free damage for <4 seconds of standing still does matter and impacts everyone. I could give you numbers about how it cuts down the viability of buffs for most classes, but all that really does is shows why extra damage is extra damage for a class that doesn't need it, and already has enough options for unlocks.

GoldenKnife
January 12th, 2017, 04:19 PM
Why not just have a division specific map selection and ban list? That way every division gets what they want.

Gus
January 12th, 2017, 04:29 PM
Why not just have a division specific map selection and ban list? That way every division gets what they want.

Because when people move up from silver to plat they will complain that they can't use broken weapons to compensate for the lack of skill

Also, consistency is important.

Zabi
January 12th, 2017, 04:33 PM
If EU is the main reason why the machina is allowed. Why don't they have their own whitelist with it while NA has it banned? I really think it'll be silly if it's allowed when NA platinum and gold players want it banned for good reasons. It would also be sad for UGC to see them taking opinions of lower divs over the higher divs as well.

GoldenKnife
January 12th, 2017, 04:37 PM
Because when people move up from silver to plat they will complain that they can't use broken weapons to compensate for the lack of skill

Also, consistency is important.

That point is true but wouldn't that just be an issue for a division specific weapon ban list rather than just the division specific map list?

Karl
January 12th, 2017, 04:43 PM
If EU is the main reason why the machina is allowed. Why don't they have their own whitelist with it while NA has it banned? I really think it'll be silly if it's allowed when NA platinum and gold players want it banned for good reasons. It would also be sad for UGC to see them taking opinions of lower divs over the higher divs as well.

also divisions are not weighted to normalize the impact on the league avg so lower divisions (with a lot more players) have greater influence on the league avg.

Vipa
January 12th, 2017, 05:31 PM
it cannot be stressed enough how league play should be balanced from the top down

waxxx
January 12th, 2017, 06:24 PM
i said this in the spreadsheet thread on accident but again why are we taking the opinions of people who still uber heavies (i.e. euros and steel players)

Zabi
January 12th, 2017, 07:20 PM
also divisions are not weighted to normalize the impact on the league avg so lower divisions (with a lot more players) have greater influence on the league avg.

yeah that's just really silly. If the main problem is with EU, EU and NA should have separate whitelists so that there's no problems since from reading the forums, they play differently(i've never followed any tf2 in my life ;~;). If this is because of what the lower divs has voted, then that's just wrong. Of course all divisions should have a voice but the machina was banned for a good reason and it took seasons for it to be banned. Like everyone is saying, it should be balanced top down and if the admins can't realize that then this league deserves to die. I've been playing UGC for years. Sure, some of it I didn't take serious and I rarely say anything on the forums. I've ignored a lot of things but this really needs to be looked at. I really hope this changes instead of ignoring the voice of players who have been playing for years and our platinum players who have way more knowledge about HL then people who just started or who have been stuck in Steel/Silver for seasons. This is just so stupid.

Niko Jims
January 13th, 2017, 08:25 AM
https://i.imgur.com/BzaUI2w.gif

Spu~
January 13th, 2017, 08:33 AM
Can we talk about how Borneo averaged a 3.8 in plat and badwater averaged a 3.2 in plat and the map still got in the rotation

waxxx
January 13th, 2017, 08:53 AM
i would like to point out that Karl's opinions on Borneo and the Machina are taken into consideration as much as RainbowPowerDerpy's and Meatshot Man's.

GoofyGorilla
January 13th, 2017, 12:56 PM
I believe that all of you are upset and should stop whining and play the video game.

Arzt. Hispanian
January 13th, 2017, 01:36 PM
When ill you realize your opinions are sub trash and not warranted can't really fathom on the idea you are a actual adult

Jackawa
January 13th, 2017, 02:06 PM
wtr (what the roast)

GoofyGorilla
January 13th, 2017, 02:41 PM
Probably right around the time you learn to type in proper English, to be honest.

Arzt. Hispanian
January 13th, 2017, 02:46 PM
I could have the worst English here and yet bring more valid points than you can ever imagine

waxxx
January 13th, 2017, 04:07 PM
I could have the worst English here and yet bring more valid points than you can ever imagine

http://pix.iemoji.com/images/emoji/apple/ios-9/256/face-screaming-in-fear.png

GoofyGorilla
January 13th, 2017, 04:37 PM
so because i think needlessly complaining about something that the admins have already done and displayed they will not move on is dumb im suddenly retarded

ok

Bowswer5
January 13th, 2017, 04:57 PM
Are snipers still a problem in Plat at this point? Most of the snipers notorious for single handedly carrying their teams seasons ago have already been gone for more than a year now. Is that not changing?

Spu~
January 13th, 2017, 05:01 PM
Are snipers still a problem in Plat at this point? Most of the snipers notorious for single handedly carrying their teams seasons ago have already been gone for more than a year now. Is that not changing?

http://logs.tf/1608516#76561198054601537
http://logs.tf/1608582#76561198054601537
http://logs.tf/1602300#76561198054601537
http://logs.tf/1592149#76561198054601537
http://logs.tf/1587260#76561198054601537
http://logs.tf/1587259#76561198054601537

here u go

cinder
January 13th, 2017, 08:17 PM
When ill you realize your opinions are sub trash and not warranted can't really fathom on the idea you are a actual adult

Probably right around the time you learn to type in proper English, to be honest.

wtf is with this arzt and goofy gorilla beef
goofy you do realize that english isnt arzt's primary language right
arzt why do you even care about goofygorilla's opinion its not that important

Dr. Alto H. Clef
January 13th, 2017, 08:49 PM
goofy you do realize that english isnt arzt's primary language right

nah fuck off arzt trump won the election so you can't be here
english only usa

Teapot
January 13th, 2017, 10:48 PM
I find it hard to believe how stupid the euros are. Are they just trolling us? Trump will put you in your place

Arzt. Hispanian
January 14th, 2017, 02:35 AM
nah fuck off arzt trump won the election so you can't be here
english only usa

I'm a light skin person I swears it

VoxDei
January 14th, 2017, 01:32 PM
Remind me again why we're not playtesting these weapons before the season starts? Is it because we're all fully aware at what the end result and judgement will be, but there's an agenda to have these weapons unbanned?

Etney
January 14th, 2017, 01:40 PM
Remind me again why we're not playtesting these weapons before the season starts? Is it because we're all fully aware at what the end result and judgement will be, but there's an agenda to have these weapons unbanned?

Because Steel players want them in.

Teapot
January 14th, 2017, 06:27 PM
Gentleman's agreements not to use shitty weapons?

Karl
January 14th, 2017, 07:37 PM
dK agrees to never run these weapons in plat if nobody else we play does

also since the razorback is banned can we ban the amby, it is op.

Vipa
January 14th, 2017, 07:45 PM
dK agrees to never run these weapons in plat if nobody else we play does

good guy karl

also since the razorback is banned can we ban the amby, it is op.
fuck you karl!!!

IcedKappa
January 14th, 2017, 08:16 PM
Does the Platinum Council even exist anymore or was this all a decision expedited strictly by using the admins' judgement?

Valoon
January 14th, 2017, 08:52 PM
how is it that we've gone through 11 pages of this shit and the admins still haven't reversed their decision?

whymeo
January 14th, 2017, 08:52 PM
how is it that we've gone through 11 pages of this shit and the admins still haven't reversed their decision?

Are you new here? People complaining only makes them want to stick with their decision more because it makes them feel powerful or something.

VoxDei
January 14th, 2017, 10:08 PM
First scrim with the machina and watterson gets a collat drop with the Machina LMFAO

Spu~
January 14th, 2017, 10:36 PM
First scrim with the machina and watterson gets a collat drop with the Machina LMFAO

and in the next half both snipers got a collateral within 10 seconds of each other. man you know i'm so happy the admins made the smart and intelligent decision to unban the machina

Arzt. Hispanian
January 14th, 2017, 11:21 PM
Why is the reserve shooter not yet unbanned!!!!! this is a calamity D:<

BlacksmithGames
January 15th, 2017, 12:17 AM
Totally agree with Vipa that higher div player votes (Plat) should really be the ones being looked at here. Everyone having a voice is nice, and I even encourage new ideas/retrying old ones but this Machina choice is rotten imo. There's a 22% difference between players in silver wanting the thing unbanned versus the players in plat wanting it to stay banned. If we are going by your logic of the "50%" rule, the Razorback and Soda Popper should have also been unbanned (These weapons are in/around that 45% range) and maybe the same players who voted for this unban also voted for these so there's that interest from players. I think the 50% threshold should be VERY strict and not allow any exceptions without proper percentages.

I think the problem with that reasoning is that every single weapon in the survey had a majority to stay banned in NA plat. Also, I'm assuming that either the platinum players didn't comment about the map choice(s) or said something not helpful ("no ctf", "we don't need this to become a meme", etc.) towards what is currently trying to be done.

_Ice
January 15th, 2017, 12:57 AM
Can we just have last season's whitelist instead?

Charizard
January 15th, 2017, 03:28 AM
Why is the reserve shooter not yet unbanned!!!!! this is a calamity D:<

It's because nobody wants to get killed by something that does more damage than a crit flare.

waxxx
January 15th, 2017, 11:39 AM
It's because nobody wants to get killed by something that does more damage than a crit flare.

Just like how nobody wants to also get killed by something that was intended to kill someone else. Oh, and the 173 damage thing.

whymeo
January 15th, 2017, 01:38 PM
Congratulations ugc admins, you've won the "slightly less stupid than mr. slin" award:

http://www.teamfortress.tv/38829/global-whitelist-lists-post-meeting

Karl
January 15th, 2017, 04:58 PM
Congratulations ugc admins, you've won the "slightly less stupid than mr. slin" award:

http://www.teamfortress.tv/38829/global-whitelist-lists-post-meeting

and mr slin has a community sparkle medi-gun so UGC is on he up and up

Contra
January 15th, 2017, 05:38 PM
i do understand that the machina unban is cancer but imo this map rotation is the best we've had in multiple seasons

at least, best in the sense that it has the least amount of outright terrible maps

there's only one 5cp map to be subjected to and it's not Fucking Vanguard Again

Spu~
January 15th, 2017, 06:02 PM
i do understand that the machina unban is cancer but imo this map rotation is the best we've had in multiple seasons

at least, best in the sense that it has the least amount of outright terrible maps

there's only one 5cp map to be subjected to and it's not Fucking Vanguard Again

vanguard is better than process
badwater last is unpushable
badwater is worse than borneo
badwater is worse than millstone

vanguard is less stalematey than process is by a longshot.
badwater last is the hardest point to push of all payload points.
process is more aids of a 5cp map than gully is, and gully is rated higher by platinum players - players that have played gully how it is supposed to be played

TenaciousToaster
January 15th, 2017, 06:15 PM
Ugc needs to listen from the top-down. It's good to get everyone's opinion and hear what people think but at the end of the day they should lean towards what NA Plat players think because they are literally the top highlander players in the world and have the most experience playing with and against these weapons and on these maps. Fuck the machina. Process is a trash highlander map. The admins should seriously reconsider some of there decisions.

Comanglia
January 15th, 2017, 06:34 PM
All the unbans seem completely justified to me.

I voted for the Machina unban even though I have literally 0 to gain from it since I don't plan on playing this season or even next for that matter.

Why?

Any other major competitive game doesn't ban weapons because their players complain about it unless it's obviously broken (good tf2 examples S9 Beggars with reload canceling, or Soda Popper with +reload, etc) and even then they don't do it 100% of the time. Prime examples being several of the pistols for CSGO namely R8 revolver (it did get banned in Pugs/Scrims but never matches).

Machina's main downsides are that it tells everyone where you are without anyone having to say a word, you're forced to be scoped in making you a much easier target for the spies (especially with the razorback being banned) the other sniper and anyone flanking, and you can't do any no scopes (realistically this makes the biggest difference after quick scoping the other sniper or trying to fight an amby spy).

The Machina is definitely a cheesy weapon but so are a shit ton of other allowed weapons, but the weapon has been in it's current state basically since it was added to the game and changes literally nothing about the sniper class within the meta other than making the sniper playstyle more predictable.

Spu~
January 15th, 2017, 06:36 PM
All the unbans seem completely justified to me.

I voted for the Machina unban even though I have literally 0 to gain from it since I don't plan on playing this season or even next for that matter.

Why?

Any other major competitive game doesn't ban weapons because their players complain about it unless it's obviously broken (good tf2 examples S9 Beggars with reload canceling, or Soda Popper with +reload, etc) and even then they don't do it 100% of the time. Prime examples being several of the pistols for CSGO namely R8 revolver (it did get banned in Pugs/Scrims but never matches).

Machina's main downsides are that it tells everyone where you are without anyone having to say a word, you're forced to be scoped in making you a much easier target for the spies (especially with the razorback being banned) the other sniper and anyone flanking, and you can't do any no scopes (realistically this makes the biggest difference after quick scoping the other sniper or trying to fight an amby spy).

The Machina is definitely a cheesy weapon but so are a shit ton of other allowed weapons, but the weapon has been in it's current state basically since it was added to the game and changes literally nothing about the sniper class within the meta other than making the sniper playstyle more predictable.

here's the thing

the meta is to play completely around your sniper and give them 10+% heals. machina just makes that playstyle even more powerful - it doesn't matter if you know where the sniper is. now the sniper can just do more damage and his shots can't be bodyblocked without the other team being punished hard.

Etney
January 15th, 2017, 07:06 PM
Any half-decent sniper rotates the second he takes a shot anyways, machina trail doesn't matter. Pretty much everyone should know where the sniper was the second a shot is rung off, trail or not.

Badwater last is going to be way more pushable with the razorback banned and the beggars allowed. Borneo is leagues better though, as is gully over process.

GoofyGorilla
January 15th, 2017, 07:08 PM
paging my boy podgy, high plat needs you

crab_f
January 15th, 2017, 08:19 PM

these two are wrong
vanguard and process both suck but process still manages to be somewhat better
average offense time for badwater between two teams who know what to do are between 5-6 minutes

retrograde
January 15th, 2017, 09:06 PM
barnblitz
/10badmaps

Spu~
January 15th, 2017, 09:13 PM
barnblitz
/10badmaps

we dont talk about barnblitz

Dr. Alto H. Clef
January 16th, 2017, 12:41 AM
these two are wrong
vanguard and process both suck but process still manages to be somewhat better
average offense time for badwater between two teams who know what to do are between 5-6 minutes

you're literally braindead if you think process has any redeeming qualities, and this isn't my vanguard bias
glassworks is better than process and at this point granary might be better with the machina taken into account
also the last time you played process in HL was against podgy in silver on a team that didn't drop a round, so i'm skeptical of the basis on your opinion

badwater is either
a) 5-6 min offense
b) 5-6 min offense (through three points, last not capped)
c) 9-15 min offense

a only happens like 15% of the time between two evenly matched teams because a med and engi couldn't get out of 3rd, which shouldnt ever happen since you basically set up on last right after you lose first

crab_f
January 16th, 2017, 01:09 AM
i don't think process has any redeeming qualities. i never said it had any. but if i were forced to pick between process and vanguard i'd choose process.

and while i won't discuss average offense times for badwater, because that's just stupid and however long it should take for someone to push a map is a worthless discussion, i don't think it's impossible to push. that was the point i was making.

Karl
January 16th, 2017, 01:22 AM
I think they are about even with gullywash being better than either one

crab_f
January 16th, 2017, 01:29 AM
I think they are about even with gullywash being better than either one

basically this

Contra
January 16th, 2017, 04:44 AM

nothing is worse than vanguard, i've literally never had less fun in highlander

are you kidding? RED is defending at a height disadvantage and typically huddled up in one of two places directly beneath where an ubered combo can drop down and fuck their shit, especially when coordinated with the flank

badwater is easy to push, if anything

definitely easier than upward, the staple payload map for HL

badwater is worse than borneo

I prefer borneo over the two, granted, but I still think they're both perfectly fine maps

badwater is worse than millstone

considering that a, millstone has yet to be placed into any seasonal rotation, and b, the reason for that is people at large find the map highly unfavorable, I highly doubt your opinion here is either valid or in the majority

vanguard is less stalematey than process is by a longshot.

last time I played process was my first season, I'm pretty sure, so no opinion here. just the fact that both times I played vanguard the map was complete garbage and process was at least slightly enjoyable.

upward, borneo and barnblitz are all way harder to push, esp vs a coordinated team

in fact badwater might be the easiest. it or swiftwater.

process is more aids of a 5cp map than gully is, and gully is rated higher by platinum players - players that have played gully how it is supposed to be played

well I consider 5CP in general to be cancer. gully might've been better this season than process, but anything is better than vanguard.

Metawe
January 16th, 2017, 11:11 AM
The issue with badwater last is that it's so big you can kite the initial push, defense respawns have a significant height advantage, the cart has to go very far from the choke and it's hard to sustain a push with all those factors. Especially with snipers in the top spawns.

Enderp
January 16th, 2017, 11:30 AM
Kill the sniper and then have a beggar's soldier drop off the overhang with 3 rockets loaded and kill everything. Easy push. Kappa.

Though I still think Borneo last is the worst of the maps we've played the past few years. Which is a shame, because the other three points are all incredibly well done.

Spu~
January 16th, 2017, 01:42 PM
I've never had a problem with Borneo last before. My match was one sided, but the scrims I had against high silver ("gold") teams didn't have a lot of issues pushing last. It felt similar to swiftwater in the sense that a spy decloaking on cart forces defense to stand on the cart, and in turn, a sniper sight line.

Also contra you're only taking into account your vanguard matches, all of which you competed with and against garbage silver teams. All but one plat match last season it was played ended with the winning team getting 5 rounds.

Vipa
January 16th, 2017, 02:05 PM
if you've never played against ender or spamfest on borneo last you dont know the true meaning of pain

Spu~
January 16th, 2017, 02:29 PM
u right u right

Contra
January 16th, 2017, 02:58 PM
Actually, when the fuck are we going to get the map schedule and updated whitelist?

As of now neither of these things are up on the site, and we're a week away from the season starting.

Spamfest
January 16th, 2017, 05:12 PM
Borneo last is WAY harder to push than badwater.

A good way to tell if a point is hard to push is if the blu engie is making a mistake by not running eureka effect.

duckrider32
January 17th, 2017, 02:36 AM
contra can u calm the fuck down

Contra
January 17th, 2017, 02:50 AM
contra can u calm the fuck down

?

what'd i do

TenaciousToaster
January 17th, 2017, 01:48 PM
Process is gone? Seems they pulled it from the schedule? Now it just says TBA

EDIT: Also seems we are using stock swiftwater not the ugc version. Kumori edited their post and the schedule has it listed as well

waxxx
January 17th, 2017, 02:01 PM
gullywash!!!!

Spades Slick
January 17th, 2017, 03:09 PM
Now reban the Machina and everything will be back to normal

Spu~
January 17th, 2017, 03:29 PM
yo so is there a new head admin or something like why were we listened to

Grandislayer
January 17th, 2017, 03:31 PM
It's a miracle.

Arzt. Hispanian
January 17th, 2017, 04:56 PM
http://www.strawpoll.me/12133327

why does memes have to be on this when it could have something useful

Martyy
January 17th, 2017, 04:59 PM
i will make cp_spu a reality if it wins

NotACleverMan
January 17th, 2017, 05:09 PM
why does memes have to be on this when it could have something useful

Because anything having to do with UGC has to be covered in memes in order to avoid people thinking we actually care about a gamemode that many of us has spent multiple years playing. Can't have people thinking you genuinely are concerned about something.

Contra
January 17th, 2017, 05:47 PM
updated whitelist when

i want to start scrimming with and against machina cancer, stat

rain-y
January 17th, 2017, 05:55 PM
updated whitelist when

i want to start scrimming with and against machina cancer, stat

http://whitelist.tf/ugc_9v9_s21

http://www.ugcleague.com/files_tf2h.cfm

its literally been out for a few days

Contra
January 17th, 2017, 05:57 PM
http://whitelist.tf/ugc_9v9_s21

http://www.ugcleague.com/files_tf2h.cfm

its literally been out for a few days

first is from a non-official source, second's are still outdated

http://puu.sh/tpPJ7/5771592ca0.png

Martyy
January 17th, 2017, 06:11 PM
ur complaining about there not being whitelist out and ignoring it when it's given to you

what

VoxDei
January 17th, 2017, 06:22 PM
>Download current whitelist
>Open in Notepad
>Ctrl+F "Blocked weapons/reskins"
>Change Loch 'n' Load, Beggars, Machina, and Shooting Star to 0 instead of 1
>Bonus, add "Santarchimedes" "1"
>Save, upload to server

You've successfully updated your whitelist for scrims before UGC releases the official. Your other option is to wait.

TenaciousToaster
January 17th, 2017, 06:44 PM
>Bonus, add "Santarchimedes" "1"

What's wrong with santarchimedes? is it a spy thing?

VoxDei
January 17th, 2017, 07:25 PM
What's wrong with santarchimedes? is it a spy thing?

Nah, nothing's wrong with it. It was released during (or maybe just after?) last season, so it hasn't yet been whitelisted yet.
It will likely be whitelisted when the official list is posted, but it's just a head start for people who want to use it until then.

Arzt. Hispanian
January 17th, 2017, 08:02 PM
you're kidding yourself if you think the winner of that strawpoll would have any effect on the admins' decision, even if it was serious

No I dont think the results are changed not evenly remotely but having a meme on in it reduces the serious and effectiveness on the point you are trying to make

Valoon
January 17th, 2017, 08:06 PM
http://www.strawpoll.me/12133327

Where is dustbowl pro? How could you not include the best map in the game?

rain-y
January 17th, 2017, 10:05 PM
first is from a non-official source, second's are still outdated

its ok i made the whitelist on whitelist.tf 1 minute before posting and even got whitelist.tf to title it "ugc 9v9 s21 preset"

Karl
January 18th, 2017, 01:27 AM
ur complaining about there not being whitelist out and ignoring it when it's given to you

what

I think he is a silver spy main

Arzt. Hispanian
January 18th, 2017, 02:00 AM
we should stop letting silver players make accounts on here

Karl
January 18th, 2017, 02:57 AM
artz do you remember the s9 iron team I tried to make that you almost joined?

Contra
January 18th, 2017, 08:11 AM

what

I think he is a silver spy main

i want the whitelist to be officially released and come straight from ugc

i wasn't under the impression that was a radical idea

literally everyone's been silver before, and this is the UGC Forum, not the Plat Circlerjerk Club

if you want to chill out somewhere without being bothered by we lowly silver players, find or make a place that already does that instead of giving me shit for chipping in on a public forum

Spu~
January 18th, 2017, 10:46 AM

i wasn't under the impression that was a radical idea

literally everyone's been silver before, and this is the UGC Forum, not the Plat Circlerjerk Club

if you want to chill out somewhere without being bothered by we lowly silver players, find or make a place that already does that instead of giving me shit for chipping in on a public forum

u mad?
/10umad

Gus
January 18th, 2017, 10:59 AM
Stop getting mad and stop ignoring things that are right under your nose

Contra
January 18th, 2017, 11:29 AM
stop ignoring things that are right under your nose

learn to read

VoxDei
January 18th, 2017, 11:52 AM
As long as the whitelist is not officially released we have hope for the machina ban. Count your lucky stars something is holding up the release. Just use something unofficial until the season begins. If you don't trust the whitelist from whitelist.tf, follow my steps to update your current one. Sorry if that's not the answer you want, but as of this moment, it's the only answer anyone can give you.

Kumori
January 18th, 2017, 12:02 PM
There is still some conversation going on behind the scenes amongst the admin team and the Plat Advisors. Official whitelist will be publisehd very soon. Thanks for your patience!

Gus
January 18th, 2017, 12:25 PM
There is still some conversation going on behind the scenes amongst the admin team and the Plat Advisors. Official whitelist will be publisehd very soon. Thanks for your patience!

There's a chance PogChamp

crab_f
January 18th, 2017, 12:42 PM

look at this post
examine it thouroughly
now, take note: don't make posts like this

Arzt. Hispanian
January 18th, 2017, 12:54 PM
artz do you remember the s9 iron team I tried to make that you almost joined?

Oh man that season I just remember playing for a bunch a teams as different classes and just subbing/ringing but I do remenber demoli if that rings a bell

[NADH]Lunean
January 18th, 2017, 02:45 PM
man i do wish machina doesn't get re-banned but i understand why people doesn't like it lol

Martyy
January 18th, 2017, 03:10 PM
Lunean;300113']man i do wish machina doesn't get re-banned but i understand why people doesn't like it lol

stop posting

[NADH]Lunean
January 18th, 2017, 03:21 PM
stop posting

i will never stop

Spu~
January 18th, 2017, 03:40 PM
Lunean;300113']man i do wish machina doesn't get re-banned but i understand why people doesn't like it lol

This is why people make fun of u

[NADH]Lunean
January 18th, 2017, 03:51 PM
This is why people make fun of u

making fun of me for saying i like the machina but i understand that it'll probably get banned again for legit reasons?ok