PDA

View Full Version : Can off-classes be mained?

[TKV] Jnaejnae
January 11th, 2016, 01:11 AM
I was wondering if I could persay be a sniper or pyro main in a 6v6. Is that possible? I know they can be used as offclasses but I dont know if you can play them full time. Would I have to register as a scout or something or could I just be a sniper.

smobo
January 11th, 2016, 12:56 PM
Very few teams have ever done well with a main class other than the standard. Those teams usually involve someone incredibly consistent playing Sniper instead of roaming soldier or Scout. I would strongly recommend learning to stick to one of the main 6s classes, not only so you can find a team, but because all of those classes require general skills and will help you improve as a player.

Martyy
January 11th, 2016, 01:52 PM
if you want any kind of future in 6s, you should probably main scout, demo, soldier, or medic.

[TKV] Jnaejnae
January 11th, 2016, 09:36 PM
Very few teams have ever done well with a main class other than the standard. Those teams usually involve someone incredibly consistent playing Sniper instead of roaming soldier or Scout. I would strongly recommend learning to stick to one of the main 6s classes, not only so you can find a team, but because all of those classes require general skills and will help you improve as a player.

1) I am medic on HL so I want to do this as an experiment or side project, I dont plan on taking 6s seriously regardless of class. Im a medi and scout main and if my strat doesnt work I can always pick up either of those, but again, im not taking this very seriously nor do I need to get better with those classes, I just wanted to experiment and know if its possible to have a pyro main on a 6s team.

2) If I do start a 6s team it would be with some of my HL team, and im pretty sure they are atleast considering this outlandish strat. Im not exactly looking for a team.

So basically I want a very clear answer: Is it possible to register someone as a main for an off class. such as pyro

Edit: btw it would be iron, so its not like Im going to be playing some really high up league where everyone has perfected their class. I think it would just be cool to catch a team off guard with a class that is somewhat useful but not considered the norm

doppel
January 12th, 2016, 07:44 AM
You don't register your starters, so you could play what ever you want as long as it's within the rules, i.e. only one medic.

simmonsrb
January 14th, 2016, 08:41 AM
My previous ugc 6s team, fun team 6s, did very well in the iron division despite running numerous offclasses such as pyro, heavy, engy, and spy. I think you can achieve similar levels of success.

Jetz_
January 14th, 2016, 12:00 PM
i went 9-1 in iron 6s with me full time sniping

miggy
January 14th, 2016, 05:33 PM

http://logs.tf/1107446?highlight=76561197968377396 http://i.imgur.com/zNNVj9j.png

StarShipBay
January 16th, 2016, 06:28 PM
I won steel with a full time sniper - a really bad sniper too

vela
January 19th, 2016, 02:49 AM
if you want any kind of future in 6s, you should probably main scout, demo, soldier, or medic.

future in 6s confirmed

fade_
January 22nd, 2016, 03:53 PM
at jumpman jumpman jumpman, we have established a victory in week 1 through the efficient use of engineer buildings to transfer players to the front lines, suppress enemy advances, and our multiple snipers coordinated well to prevent at chance at enemy progression.