PDA

View Full Version : Vipa LFT Spy S18

Vipa
November 5th, 2015, 01:55 AM
The future of my team next season is unknown at the moment, so I'm currently looking to try out for teams.

Past Experience:
S17: NA gold, p2w (6-2, 3rd)
note: played the first 2 matches of the season (both losses) as soldier due to roster issues
S16: NA silver, ssvw (12-0, 1st)
S15: NA steel, ssvw (8-2, allstar)
S14: NA steel, ap (4-4)

Looking to play on a plat team for S18.

While I'm aware of plat likely being much smaller and more selective next season, I am willing to put a great amount of effort into playing the best I can for my particular team and to learn/improve with them if given the chance. If plat is not an option I would be interested in playing for a very good gold team. I'm available to map review and scrim most nights, excluding an unreasonable amount as I'm both working and full time at uni currently. As a final note, if anyone was aware of the connection/pc issues that plagued me last season they are now fixed.

add me here for tryouts (http://steamcommunity.com/id/mynameisvipa/)

smobo
November 5th, 2015, 02:32 AM
He performs well as both a gun spy and a knife spy, which means a team would be hard-pressed to shut him down. He's also fun to play with, just the right amount of seriousness to stay focused, yet not go on tilt during a rough game.

Overall I'd certainly consider him high Gold, and depending on how Season 18 looks, I could see him in low Plat as well.

Kansas
November 5th, 2015, 03:46 AM
Vipa was one of the better spies as far as coordinating with his team last season and now I have first hand experience with how good he is at communicating with the team. He makes key calls and key picks. Really underrated spy and can and has done very well against low-mid plat teams this season (probably high gold teams in other seasons). Not a bad pickup for a plat/high gold team at all.

Great American
November 5th, 2015, 07:44 AM
vipa got carried now he carries @_@

he's a cool guy too

fuzion
November 5th, 2015, 10:46 AM
Vipa ShpeeLFT

good spy, nice guy

Spades Slick
November 5th, 2015, 12:22 PM
His best trait isn't his solid comms or generally good espionage/gun play, I personally believe Vipa is one of the most determined people to improve and if he keeps this rate up then he'll break into Plat easily.
Also really fucking cool to have on your team in the first place.
Pick him up.

femmebrulee
November 5th, 2015, 01:07 PM
Vipa is a graduate of the S15 Steel tryhards - and he's become really, really good at spy very rapidly. :) He has solid comms, he's a great teammate and leader, and he will actually put in work to do what needs to be done - reviewing STVs of the opposing team as needed, demo reviews, self critique, helpful advice for teammates, you name it. Miss playing with you nerd <3

Can be in Platinum for sure, try him out

Oblivion
November 5th, 2015, 03:57 PM
prob the best comm spy I've seen in a long time. loves coordinating with his team and is just a really nice guy in general. give him a tryout

_shotaway
November 5th, 2015, 05:03 PM
nuts on every team so consistently that you'd start to think he's actually good or something

in all seriousness vipa is an amazing soldier spy and plat capable

_Ice
November 5th, 2015, 05:30 PM
He has improved a lot and can probably play mid-plat by the time next season starts. He has good ambassador aim and very good timing; the best part about having him on your team is the calling though. He will call everything before you even ask and is very good at getting key picks at the right time. Also, he might be the first spy since Joe to have a positive k:d in gold 8).

Cool guy too and a memer.

_Ice
November 5th, 2015, 05:32 PM
vipa got carried now he carries @_@

he's a cool guy too

He learned what interp is in the offseason

Etney
November 6th, 2015, 07:23 PM
Interacting with Vipa is always a pleasure. I can't say too much about his skill on spy in general, but he shifted his style to what needed to be done and listened to criticism and has a very solid performance every time. He's incredibly dedicated and will improve very quickly on a decent team.

Ca$$iu$
November 8th, 2015, 06:58 PM
I've never had issues with Vipa and he's the easiest spy to coordinate with of anyone I've played with. He at least deserves tryouts for plat as he's been doing very well when he's actually playing his main.

Vipa
November 14th, 2015, 11:10 AM
bump, still not sure what's gonna happen next season. Can do tryouts

Vipa
November 17th, 2015, 12:05 AM
finished the season 3rd in gold (no more vanguard woo)
have a lot of free time for tryouts etc now

Rightjustify
November 17th, 2015, 12:06 AM
Vipa is a god, dude

bo4r
November 17th, 2015, 11:18 PM
what can i say hes p good

akemi
November 18th, 2015, 03:48 AM
ShpeEEEEeEeee

Xenith
November 18th, 2015, 01:50 PM
He's a chill dude. Probably the chillest spy main in Silver/Gold.

He's also really good.

Vipa
November 19th, 2015, 11:57 AM
Thanks to everyone who said nice things :)
excited for next season, still looking for some tryouts

Vipa
November 21st, 2015, 01:42 PM
Bump for relevance.

pellovley
November 21st, 2015, 06:38 PM
this shpee blows!

Vipa
November 23rd, 2015, 08:25 PM
Bump?
I've had some people adding me to try out this weekend, I won't be able to do so until sunday the 29th
also had some requests to offclass, not really interested. Ill try out as solly/scout in gold I suppose but I doubt thats something I want to do this season

feint
November 23rd, 2015, 09:48 PM
a very solid player with the drive to improve, can def play high gold from what I saw

Vipa
November 26th, 2015, 10:00 PM
Sup front page..looking for a few more tryouts for the post-thanksgiving week and beyond
would definitely try out for good gold teams hit me up

_Ice
November 30th, 2015, 05:25 PM
5:23 PM - _shotaway lft: fr tho vipa became a fuckking monster last season

^^^ Also topfragged against knd

Vipa
November 30th, 2015, 05:38 PM
5:23 PM - _shotaway lft: fr tho vipa became a fuckking monster last season
I counter with this

this shpee blows!

Vipa
December 3rd, 2015, 08:49 AM
hit me up for tryouts this weekend before I get owned by exams

tury92
December 4th, 2015, 08:14 AM
Really nice and chill guy, and he's amazing at spy. I've never had any negative interactions with him, and he's really fun to hang with. Easily one of the best spies in gold next season

Martyy
December 5th, 2015, 12:18 AM
sounds like avast and is a pretty good spy

pick him up so you can get the 2nd best thing to avast's godly voice

Vipa
December 7th, 2015, 09:59 PM
still haven't figured out where I'm going this season, could use more tryouts this weekend

kNyne
December 7th, 2015, 11:43 PM
Vipa is probably the best spy I've ever played with and I only scrimmed with him like 4 times. Great comms, great picks. We were ready to pick him up on our plat team but things didn't work out.

Vipa
December 10th, 2015, 09:33 PM
Free for tryouts friday (tomorrow) and sunday 8:30
hit me up

Vipa
December 15th, 2015, 12:44 PM
tonight and the next few days are good for tryouts before I'll be unavailable for a time
been ringing a lot to keep sharp, add me yo

Rogue201
December 15th, 2015, 04:37 PM
How is Vipa not on a team yet? He went above and beyond when he tried out for vG, and we would have very happily taken him as our starter spy for Plat. His comms and coordination are outstanding, PLUS he consistently makes big plays. It's virtually impossible to find both of those factors in one spy nowadays. Seriously, Vipa will DESTROY. Pick him up.

Naajj
December 15th, 2015, 04:50 PM
yeah seriously get vipa on a team you retards

Vipa
December 18th, 2015, 07:22 AM
Internet at my place for winter break is passable
I can try out again now
I'll try out for good gold teams hit me up, would also play scout/solly in gold

_Ice
December 18th, 2015, 03:29 PM
If he plays in gold he will be the best spy in it no doubt. He's also a p solid soldier/scout, and while his DM might not be as good as some other high gold players, he has some of the best gamesense and calls that will more than make up for it. Please pick him up in plat so that I don't have to play against him, but if he has to play in gold atleast let him be on a high gold team.

whymeo
December 19th, 2015, 01:22 AM
Vipa playing in gold again would be the stupidest thing ever. He's way better than plenty of established low-mid plat spies and was the best spy in gold last season. Some plat team kick their shitty spy and pick up vipa up instead.

Vipa
December 24th, 2015, 01:07 PM
No longer lft. Thank you everyone for the tryouts and kind words