PDA

View Full Version : LFT ENGINEER/HWG S17 silver/gold+

rockstarking
August 28th, 2015, 12:30 PM
Hey guys. Long time.

Cool, so I'd like to play heavy or engineer in highlander and make the most out of this season.

June 2014- 21CW League 1MD Main tanker/armor leader
S16: Silver 6s Sub scout/med
S15: NA Gold sub engi/hwg on We Carry Wonko
S14: NA Gold sub engi on Route From TG
S13: NA Steel All classer on Pink Flowers of Friendship
S12: EU Silver Spy(main), pyro/engin backup on OREOS
S12: NAHL Pugs, Bunch of gold scrims, mixs
2011-2013 Highest level of comp for Battlfield 3/4 on PC (No Mercy, the best team NA) and Console (bunch of teams that don't exist anymore and I don't care to remember)
2011-Present The best tank driver in all of Battlefield franchise.
2006-09 Halo 2 & 3 Comp

I can main call, but I like sharing that duty. I am very vocal (with a great sounding microphone that will give you eargasms). I've been one of the primary commers/strategists for every team I've been on in every game for 9 years of competitive gameplay.

Honestly, I haven't been keeping up with practice in TF2 but with all the recent balance changes a lot of what I had had down is no longer valid anyway. I have essentially infinite time to dedicate to the team if needed.

Things I like: Aggressive sentry spots, semi passive level 3s on koth, being a pick class, healing, and protecting my medic.
Things I don't like: "memers," people wasting my time, lack of scrims/practice, when people don't communicate team related matters properly, people not using scrims to learn/improve, unprofessional behaviour in regards to competitive.

Great American
August 28th, 2015, 12:50 PM
repairme is my boy!

Seven
August 28th, 2015, 02:15 PM
its him again rofl

Jacksterbaiter
August 28th, 2015, 07:24 PM
i just cant

joejoe347
August 28th, 2015, 07:35 PM
Well this time he's looking for silver, which is probably pretty accurate.

DrCactus
August 28th, 2015, 09:18 PM
LFT ENGINEER/HWG S17 silver/gold+

LFT ENGINEER/HWG S17 - Okay..
silver - maybe................
gold+ - rofl

cinder
August 28th, 2015, 09:57 PM
word of advice for anyone needing a HWG or engy, find another HWG or engy. i don't think this guy's attitude has improved at all, and unless the dude went into some serious training, he's not gold+, but i'd waged he'd fit low-mid silver. problem from last time is still his attitude, so if he lost his ego, and actually became a decent human being, it might be okay to try him out.

also he lists that he was on route from tg, he paid for that roster spot and was just a roster rider, so he actually doesn't have any gold experience.

Heisen
August 28th, 2015, 10:45 PM
i don't know where all this hate is coming from, he's been a close friend of mine for a while and he's a really cool guy, definitely ready for a mid gold team looking to take this season seriously

√úbermensch
August 29th, 2015, 02:52 AM
Memes aside, I can't say if repairme has actually improved enough for a gold team at any level. I'd be interested to see how he actually plays, but he seems like the kind of person that could actually learn a lot if he were more open to criticism. Whether or not his attitude about it has changed, IDK. Could probably play mid-silver at least, gold might be a stretch until he shows everyone he can play at a gold level or at least, dm like a gold player.

Also, listing experience from other games doesn't really count as experience. Just, link logs of you playing in games that aren't lobbies and people might take you more seriously.

Waaater`
August 29th, 2015, 11:36 AM
My Good Friend RepairMe Has Often Suggested To Me Up-And-Coming Anime For My Viewing Pleasure. Please Find Him A Home

June
August 29th, 2015, 11:42 AM
I expect to see 5 more of these threads by the end of the month can you manage that?

rockstarking
August 29th, 2015, 01:39 PM
Memes aside, I can't say if repairme has actually improved enough for a gold team at any level. I'd be interested to see how he actually plays, but he seems like the kind of person that could actually learn a lot if he were more open to criticism. Whether or not his attitude about it has changed, IDK. Could probably play mid-silver at least, gold might be a stretch until he shows everyone he can play at a gold level or at least, dm like a gold player.

Also, listing experience from other games doesn't really count as experience. Just, link logs of you playing in games that aren't lobbies and people might take you more seriously.

I'm always open to criticism and always have been so long as it has been constructive. The problem is that no one has ever been constructive and has just been a shit spewing douche canoe.

I did post logs before but no one would look at them and they would all be discredited outright. The fact that all my years of competitive experience in other games was automatically discredited should show how retarded some of the people here are. What does having that mean? It means I know how to adapt and play and it doesn't take me 5,000 hours to play like I have 5,000 hours, just time and instruction from someone who had 5,000 hours. Surprise: I have probably 15-20,000 hours on FPS games alone.

I'd probably step up practice pre season to have logs since only some people want to see them but that's impossible since every team leader in gold is a childish prick and/or racist that won't even give me a tryout and makes all sorts of bullshit excuses (or keep to their word). The exception is wonko, though: he acts like an adult because he is one. I've been spending my time playing League the past year and not TF2.

Tiptoes
August 29th, 2015, 02:26 PM
the legend returns

hannahtheengineer
August 29th, 2015, 02:39 PM
I'm always open to criticism and always have been so long as it has been constructive. The problem is that no one has ever been constructive and has just been a shit spewing douche canoe.

I did post logs before but no one would look at them and they would all be discredited outright. The fact that all my years of competitive experience in other games was automatically discredited should show how retarded some of the people here are. What does having that mean? It means I know how to adapt and play and it doesn't take me 5,000 hours to play like I have 5,000 hours, just time and instruction from someone who had 5,000 hours. Surprise: I have probably 15-20,000 hours on FPS games alone.

I'd probably step up practice pre season to have logs since only some people want to see them but that's impossible since every team leader in gold is a childish prick and/or racist that won't even give me a tryout and makes all sorts of bullshit excuses (or keep to their word). The exception is wonko, though: he acts like an adult because he is one. I've been spending my time playing League the past year and not TF2.

TF2 is so much different from any other game. Every mechanic in it that has something similar in other games is still very different, and if the experience were to translate somehow, it wouldn't translate enough for you to jump right into gold. You're complaining that people are acting like children because they won't give you a tryout because they won't accept your experience from other games as TF2 experience, while simultaneously refusing to get more TF2 experience. The best thing you can do is to accept the fact that you won't be playing gold for s17, and gain some experience in a lower division first, because I guarantee you that if you do well in silver, no one will discredit that experience.

rockstarking
August 29th, 2015, 04:28 PM
TF2 is so much different from any other game. Every mechanic in it that has something similar in other games is still very different, and if the experience were to translate somehow, it wouldn't translate enough for you to jump right into gold. You're complaining that people are acting like children because they won't give you a tryout because they won't accept your experience from other games as TF2 experience, while simultaneously refusing to get more TF2 experience. The best thing you can do is to accept the fact that you won't be playing gold for s17, and gain some experience in a lower division first, because I guarantee you that if you do well in silver, no one will discredit that experience.

Except I did do well in silver... MY FIRST SEASON. Anyone who tries to use the "need more time and seasons" on me is a retard. You are a retard. I never refused to get more TF2 experience. Why else would I have played so many PUGS, Mixes, Lobbies, scrims, pubs, MGE for thousands of hours even while I played other games? Oh excuse me for playing FIVE seasons by now. If anything, I've gotten worse because most of the practice is crap because it's against crap players in crap environments and not a challenge so I can't see the mistakes I'm making and can't clearly step it up. Unlike most, I actually analyze and strategize maps and scenarios when I'm not playing for up to 8-10 hours a day when I'm not even at the computer. There is no way there is anyone else that put as much time or effort to improve as I did a few seasons ago. OR in the other games I played, either.

I would practice more, but I'm not stupid and I know it's a COMPLETE waste of my time because of the attitudes and behavior of prospective teams (that won't try me out).

The only reason I'm making this thread is because the pretty cool team I was joining in silver as a coach/adviser/starter/main caller ended up disbanding which is a shame because everyone was pretty cool and was there for the right reasons unlike so many teams.

Spades Slick
August 29th, 2015, 04:34 PM
i don't think this guy's attitude has improved at all, so if he lost his ego, and actually became a decent human being, it might be okay to try him out.
I second this.

You are a retard.
But I don't think that happened.

Dr. Alto H. Clef
August 29th, 2015, 04:50 PM
Why else would I have played so many PUGS, Mixes, Lobbies, scrims, pubs, MGE for thousands of hours even while I played other games?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/rockstarking/stats/TF2
http://puu.sh/jT4SH/3b74e65a0f.png
http://puu.sh/jT4Uq/4a9ef5db7d.png

Please don't lie.

EDIT 1:

The fact that all my years of competitive experience in other games was automatically discredited should show how retarded some of the people here are.

While being familiar with esports and team dynamics in general is certainly a good thing, your skill at one game has little no to no correlation on your skill at another game. It's entirely possible that you can be good at League and TF2, but there's no guarantee and expecting other people to assume that is faulty and has nothing to back it up.

I'd probably step up practice pre season to have logs since only some people want to see them but that's impossible since every team leader in gold is a childish prick and/or racist that won't even give me a tryout and makes all sorts of bullshit excuses (or keep to their word).

So you're making post facto excuses as to why you aren't trying to improve rather than improving yourself and letting the results speak for themselves. I'm not telling you that it will matter in the end, because honestly I think you're so far up shit creek that it doesn't matter, but that doesn't excuse logical fallacies. Also, calling every team leader "a childish prick (which has no evidence and is more of a result of your own behavior and public perception, which you do nothing to help) and/or racist (once against completely unfounded and technically irrelevant to the situation)" is just a shitty ad hominem that you should be ashamed for.

EDIT 2:

Except I did do well in silver... MY FIRST SEASON.

Excuse me if I'm wrong, but wasn't your first season playing silver spy in Europe? The EU/NA metas are not comparable and EU is generally seen as a weaker region than NA, and the relative strength of regions is something you should understand with your vast esport knowledge. The claim "I did do well" is something that's debatable, but even giving you the benefit of the doubt that you performed well to your or anyone's standards, using EU experience in NA doesn't really add up. Furthermore, that s11, which was two years ago. Time passes, things change, and something that once may have meant something no longer will.

If anything, I've gotten worse because most of the practice is crap because it's against crap players in crap environments and not a challenge so I can't see the mistakes I'm making and can't clearly step it up.

Couple issues I see with this. The general perception of your play is that it's poor, or at the very least, not good enough to deal your personality. Regardless of the truth of this claim, as far as the perception goes, I don't think you can disagree. If you're playing against "crap players" and still not doing well enough to prove your gameplay, that's no one's fault but your own. The whole plan of the TF2 and UGC community from Day 1 was not to ostracize you and conspire against you, but your attitude and behavior turned it into that. Acknowledging that, you have an uphill climb, but there are many cases of a player being seen as less-than-upstanding personality wise who made a respectable name for themselves through gameplay and in some cases reformed behvaior. I'd rather not call people out on the forums, but PM if you want and I'll name some players and my reasons behind this. So what you're saying makes a quandary: you're playing against "crap players" who I'd assume you think are below you, and yet you're performance hasn't been good enough to clear your name. I can't say much about the "crap environments" you're playing in, but it's quite likely that you are the cause of said environment.

If you can't see the mistakes your making, you should try finding someone more established in a higher division to help you spot them. There's not shame in asking others for help, even if you think that you might be more skilled than they are. Another set of eyes never hurts and can help you see things from a different perspective that you didn't notice yourself. I'm sure there's at least one person that would be willing to spend some time reviewing demos with you assuming you act politely and, more importantly, modestly. Constantly adding remarks about your superiority, whether it's a defense for your ego, something you honestly believe, whatever it may be, doesn't help anything.

June
August 29th, 2015, 05:03 PM
http://steamcommunity.com/id/rockstarking/stats/tf2
http://puu.sh/jt4sh/3b74e65a0f.png
http://puu.sh/jt4uq/4a9ef5db7d.png

please don't lie.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA.....re kt.....

Anyone who tries to use the "need more time and seasons" on me is a retard. You are a retard.

These kind of prove this...

i don't think this guy's attitude has improved at all

I don't even think you are real at this point.

EDIT: damn alto......damn......

cinder
August 29th, 2015, 06:42 PM
I second this.

But I don't think that happened.

i guess not.

g..
August 29th, 2015, 06:56 PM
A great player with a great attitude. Seems to be understating his abilities imo, which is a sign of his modesty if anything. He could play high gold to mid plat quite comfortably and even if his skill-set is not up to par, his attitude more than makes up for it.

Seven
August 29th, 2015, 07:02 PM
reading these threads isn't even funny anymore :(

rosario
August 30th, 2015, 02:20 PM
where's the cooking with repairme video when we need it?!?!!???!

tetro
August 30th, 2015, 04:33 PM
i am probably the world's greatest pichu player and i feel that this skill allowed me to compete at the top of gold ugc