PDA

View Full Version : LFT silver+ Sniper

Jackyl
January 21st, 2013, 01:48 AM
Looking to try out for a team so add me on steam. (^sA Jackyl)
Have great DM awareness and a good pair of headphones. Know about spy hitboxes pick priority etc.

KaiThePhaux
January 21st, 2013, 03:39 AM
You should probably still post up your Steam profile, for starters.

And you might also want to mention that you have no competitive experience.

Jackyl
January 21st, 2013, 03:41 AM
I gave my steam people can look at it. And I recognize you from the thread. Find something better to do.

thecoupe
January 21st, 2013, 04:21 AM
http://www.ugcleague.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3428

KaiThePhaux
January 21st, 2013, 04:51 AM
I gave my steam people can look at it. And I recognize you from the thread. Find something better to do.

I dunno, bro. I gave you honest advice. D:

Comanglia
January 21st, 2013, 04:51 AM

You realize you're looking to play competitive video games right? You have no room to tell people to find something better to do.

Jackyl
January 21st, 2013, 05:18 AM
It's just really irritating how i've been trying out for teams and I do extremely well (better than other tryouts) in terms of picks positioning and communication. But, they don't pick me merely because I don't have experience. Especially since I've worked extremely hard with videos and getting my shot to where it is now.

And sorry for snapping at you, thought you were saying that in an insulting matter.

Moose
January 21st, 2013, 05:24 AM
It's just really irritating how i've been trying out for teams and I do extremely well (better than other tryouts) in terms of picks positioning and communication. But, they don't pick me merely because I don't have experience. Especially since I've worked extremely hard with videos and getting my shot to where it is now.

And sorry for snapping at you, thought you were saying that in an insulting matter.

It's because you're looking above your skill level. I'd rather have a Sniper with experience and a .5 headshot rate than an unexperienced Sniper that gets .7 headshot rate and dies more often than he's worth

Jackyl
January 21st, 2013, 07:25 AM
I've scrimmed against silver/gold teams and I did genuinely well.

Jackyl
January 21st, 2013, 07:35 AM
I've only been declined by one team, and that was for the reason for inexperience. I still did remarkable, and other people who were trying out said I should have been on the team as well. Reason why I'm having such a hard time finding a team is, because I stuck with the team I'm on for a while in trust that it would carry out, but less than a week before the season 4+ players dropped. And leader is unmotivated.

I've tried out for other teams and made the cut, but I ended up declining because the team didn't feel suitable for me or players were incompetent. (Had a game where a medic dropped 3 times in one round.) But, in all those scrims I felt I was where I was supposed to be (Silver/gold).

I understand you guys are hesitant to give me any sort of chance, because of my last thread where I stated i could play plat. While I admit I was wrong, understand I had a lot of people telling me I could because of how great of a shot I was. (Which I now understand there's a lot more to it, but I still thought I'd take a shot at it.)

So, if you could please refrain from calling me out on every thread. Instead you could play with me and see what I have? Or direct me to teams? I know first impressions are big, but seriously.

Giraffe
January 21st, 2013, 07:55 AM
I still did remarkable

lol logs would be fun.

Inasc
January 21st, 2013, 08:16 AM
I can vouch for him,

He tried out for my team. He got constant picks, his DM is solid. The only issue is he's inexperienced and doesn't have the positioning and awareness experience of a Sniper whos played a season or two... But does have good awareness and positioning for someone without experience. He definitely took the time to learn and try out new things. If you're willing to work with him, this guy can be an amazing competitive sniper with a little polishing.

Nice guy, would definitely recommend. Only reason the other try out beat him, is because of his experience. But he definitely deserves a Silver or Gold team.

PoisoCaine
January 30th, 2013, 12:01 AM
The thing is, I don't care if you're literally Jake, you have a bad attitude and this "me me me" attitude is not going to get you anywhere in this video game or anywhere else in life.

LegendaryLennon
January 30th, 2013, 12:38 AM
So you can't make good teams and won't join bad teams? What a catch deffinitly not a possible team cancer

Inasc
January 30th, 2013, 03:08 AM
Well,

If you folks spent a little time with him. Hes actually a very nice guy, not selfish at all from what I have seen and hes hung around mumble with us for about a week or so now. Good Sniper and a pretty nice guy.

PoisoCaine
January 30th, 2013, 04:22 AM
Well,

If you folks spent a little time with him. Hes actually a very nice guy, not selfish at all from what I have seen and hes hung around mumble with us for about a week or so now. Good Sniper and a pretty nice guy.

I have nothing to go on other than his attitude here. You may be right, but first impressions matter.

Inasc
January 30th, 2013, 06:15 AM
Of course first impressions matter,

He made a mistake and he apologized for it already I believe. He was a little cocky and should not of acted that way, but hes hung out with our team for about a week now.. and hes a chill guy. Very nice, willing to improve and his aims solid... Plays backup for us at the moment but deserves main sniper on a silver team at least.

LegendaryLennon
January 30th, 2013, 11:01 AM
Just cause the guys nice in mumble for a week doesn't mean he won't be a negative impact when a team starts loosing, if he wouldn't join a team cause of 1 bad round he may as well go back to skial. All he's shown is that he's a shitty sniper who thinks he's good which will ruin the attitude of a team he joins because I've dealt with snipers like him before
^sA Jackyl: you are only killing me consistently cause its sniper v sniper
LOL

wills4545
January 30th, 2013, 11:06 AM
Hey there, if you're still looking for a team, I'm sure the Golden Gents could squeeze you in for a scrim :)

I'm stupidly optimistic and overly nice so you don't have to worry about anything being held against you haha ;)
I'll add you later and we can talk, if you'd like.

Hobofreddy55
January 30th, 2013, 11:46 AM
Hey there, if you're still looking for a team, I'm sure the Golden Gents could squeeze you in for a scrim :)

I'm stupidly optimistic and overly nice so you don't have to worry about anything being held against you haha ;)
I'll add you later and we can talk, if you'd like.

I had planned on adding you when I get home today for a tryout.

Inasc
January 30th, 2013, 12:05 PM
Just cause the guys nice in mumble for a week doesn't mean he won't be a negative impact when a team starts loosing, if he wouldn't join a team cause of 1 bad round he may as well go back to skial. All he's shown is that he's a shitty sniper who thinks he's good which will ruin the attitude of a team he joins because I've dealt with snipers like him before
^sA Jackyl: you are only killing me consistently cause its sniper v sniper
LOL

Why don't you grow up and go waste your time on something else bud? You aren't an amazing player yourself, so you really need to stop posting here. Our team lost and he had a great attitude, he did not rage and he is a SOLID sniper who needs improvement. Don't listen to this legendary kid who seems to have some personal issues with Jackyl, people make mistakes in the past and Jackyl has changed. His attitude is positive, hes a great guy and willing to learn. I'm glad you have your own experiences Legendary, but it doesn't apply to everyone.

A pointer to everyone looking to recruit him, try him out and don't listen to anyone who says negative or positive things about him. Specifically Legendary, find it out for yourself and don't let tainted and biased opinions such as Legendary's taint something that you need to find out for yourself.

Long story short folks - Form your own opinion and don't let biased jerks taint it.

I bid my goodbyes, I won't start a childish argument with someone who is biased and opinionated with a personal vendetta.

LegendaryLennon
January 30th, 2013, 01:10 PM
If I had to resort to an argument like that I would leave the thread to.

Inasc
January 30th, 2013, 01:47 PM
If I had to resort to an argument like that I would leave the thread to.

+1 for originality.

atidere
January 30th, 2013, 04:28 PM
Why don't you grow up and go waste your time on something else bud? You aren't an amazing player yourself, so you really need to stop posting here. Our team lost and he had a great attitude, he did not rage and he is a SOLID sniper who needs improvement. Don't listen to this legendary kid who seems to have some personal issues with Jackyl, people make mistakes in the past and Jackyl has changed. His attitude is positive, hes a great guy and willing to learn. I'm glad you have your own experiences Legendary, but it doesn't apply to everyone.

A pointer to everyone looking to recruit him, try him out and don't listen to anyone who says negative or positive things about him. Specifically Legendary, find it out for yourself and don't let tainted and biased opinions such as Legendary's taint something that you need to find out for yourself.

Long story short folks - Form your own opinion and don't let biased jerks taint it.

I bid my goodbyes, I won't start a childish argument with someone who is biased and opinionated with a personal vendetta.

inasc, lennon is a great player, great heavy and soldier, and a solid med and engi. who do you think you are? just because your team is shitty doesn't mean you gotta lash out on the top teams in your division. if anyone needs to grow up its you, because you havent grown completely up from s6. JUST SAYING.

Air
January 30th, 2013, 05:35 PM
lol love the shit storm. I'm the worst player here, you can all shut the hell up.

Bowswer5
January 30th, 2013, 05:38 PM
As much as you guys can argue about Inasc and LegenderyLennon being good or bad players on good or bad teams, leave the Jackyl guy alone. It's disappointing when some people show up on this thread and make negative comments a week after the whole situation was done with.

Inasc
January 30th, 2013, 05:39 PM
inasc, lennon is a great player, great heavy and soldier, and a solid med and engi. who do you think you are? just because your team is shitty doesn't mean you gotta lash out on the top teams in your division. if anyone needs to grow up its you, because you havent grown completely up from s6. JUST SAYING.

Yeah my team is shitty for sure ! I've grown up a hell of a lot more then you kiddo. So I'll take your childish comments and throw them out the window... Time wasted arguing on this thread.

@Bowswer5 - I'll have to agree with you, thank you.

atidere
January 30th, 2013, 05:42 PM
Yeah my team is shitty for sure ! I've grown up a hell of a lot more then you kiddo. So I'll take your childish comments and throw them out the window... Time wasted arguing on this thread.

you guys claimed you were gold material, and the team i tried out for rolled you guys 5-0... also you told me i stir up a lot of drama...guess if i do im not the only one!

FuRy
January 30th, 2013, 05:58 PM
why are you guys shit talking in someone elses looking thread?

<<IFA>>Rickybobby
January 30th, 2013, 06:31 PM
why are you guys shit talking in someone elses looking thread?

This

/10char

m4risa
January 30th, 2013, 07:09 PM
id take a dump on all of you

leave the kid alone already

let his teams decide whether or not to pick him up

jesus

christ

wills4545
January 31st, 2013, 08:52 AM
Drama on a LFT thread is fine; saves him having to bump it himself ;)
haha, we're probably trying him out tonight if he's free

nyx
January 31st, 2013, 03:58 PM

ispy you're still the exact same person. unyielding and an egoist. i mean, all humans are the latter but you don't even try to hide it.

micgao
January 31st, 2013, 04:52 PM
so i heard this jackyl guy is pretty good at tf2

mustardoverlord
February 4th, 2013, 05:09 AM
jesus christ silver div drama or whatever

you guys realize that you're basically all subhuman right?

leaky
March 5th, 2013, 05:18 PM
who is jackyl