PDA

View Full Version : Drake - LFT Med Gold/Plat

Drake
March 30th, 2015, 02:50 AM
EDIT: Decided on a team for S16, no longer looking. Thanks for all the tryouts.

aeiou is dead after playoffs, so I'd like to see what my options are.

My comp exp is on my profile.

I consider myself capable of playing med at a high-gold level. On first glance I have more exp on soldier than med, but my teams needed soldiers and I played both classes interchangeably prior to S13 (when i started focusing exclusively on medic). My strongest assets are my gamesense and calling. I'm a long-term thinker, proficient at tracking team statuses on a larger scale (uber %, number ad, positioning, etc) and playing off them, as well as anticipating and calling push/pick attempts. I am very capable of maincalling on medic (I maincalled for aeiou, currently co-call with odb. Have maincalled for all my teams prior), but i play better when i'm not the only caller. I'm fine w/ playing on a team where I'm not a maincaller though.

My schedule may change late summer, but I'm generally available nights, 8:30 EST onwards.

Add me here: http://steamcommunity.com/id/DrakeTAO/

Dr. Alto H. Clef
March 30th, 2015, 03:07 AM
+Excellent medic, aeiou is 2nd seed for a reason.
-awful with quickfix.

Pro Skeez
March 30th, 2015, 03:39 AM
Could make a strong argument for Drake being the best medic in gold this season, with the very good mechanics and survivability + calling ability I've heard about. I did notice some very questionable positioning at times whenever 'dk and aeiou regularly scrimmed, but he still was very good most of the time. From what I've heard he was also a very good caller and I like talking med shtuff with him even though neither of us are med mains. Coo' coo' dude that would do well with high gold-mid plat team.

Bagel
March 30th, 2015, 04:37 AM
Arguably the best medic in Gold. I've played with Drake only when he was a soldier, but he's a pleasure to be on a team with.

- Great caller
- Extremely calm
- Literally impossible to headshot
- Likes potato chips
- Likes Childish Gambino

Give em' a go would ya

Yipyapper
March 30th, 2015, 12:43 PM
Definitely one of the top medics in gold, moreso for great gamesense than great mechanics (his mechanics are fine, but it's his calling ability and misc medic nonsense that really shine).

Spades Slick
March 30th, 2015, 05:54 PM
I haven't played with a better Medic than Drake, and I'm confident that this statement will hold true for a very long time.
He has a great grasp on the game and knows exactly what to do in most situations; he always has an advantage counter and he likes to find teams' playstyles so he may adapt them as he sees acceptable. If you have a team that can keep him alive from anything bar crazy shit then he will fulfill the Medicinal role and more, because he's a pretty cool guy should you choose to get to know him.
Absolutely Plat ready. Absolutely.
Good luck man.

Übermensch
March 30th, 2015, 08:31 PM
Drake has come SO far this season. If he doesn't make plat, I don't know what a plat medic is.

Übermensch
March 30th, 2015, 08:40 PM
Drake has come SO far this season. If he doesn't make plat, I don't know what a plat medic is.

Invader
March 30th, 2015, 08:55 PM
Great guy to be in mumble with, + he's pretty frickin good at medic!! :DDDDD

zuchima
March 31st, 2015, 01:19 AM
Keeps me a alive 10/10 good medic.

pellovley
March 31st, 2015, 02:01 AM
black‏ ‏‏ ‏

Rolls Royce
March 31st, 2015, 04:11 AM
A really good medic. Our team would not have done as good without this guy through out the season. He is a really good pickup for any team that wants a med who calls and helps guide the team.

thedreamer
April 9th, 2015, 12:05 AM
uh dank memes

i can't think of anything funny, drake is just a solid player with great gamesense and strong comms

Drake
April 12th, 2015, 01:12 PM
Standard bump, as I realized making bump jokes with R. Kelly songs isn't really appropriate lol.

(Gargle jokes, he doesn't actually mentor me)

~~@Fluffy
April 12th, 2015, 01:33 PM
i mentor him all his success is because of me

Drake
April 24th, 2015, 03:58 PM
Now that the playoffs are over, I can (more actively) do tryouts. HMU on steam.

Drake
April 30th, 2015, 02:13 PM
Decided on a team for S16, no longer looking. Thanks for all the tryouts.

cinder
April 30th, 2015, 02:27 PM
https://whatistheexcel.com/wooobooru/_images/81e76250e2a0190b15b1582d787fa72e/21%20-%20macro%20ric_flair%20vince_mcmahon%20wooo%20wwf. jpg