PDA

View Full Version : It's "Rollover" weekend at UGC

Fornaught
April 19th, 2014, 09:59 AM
This is what we call our marathon weekend of moving to new seasons in all three TF2 leagues.

What will happen over the next few days:

Players:
- Your medal status is already recorded for this current season, you can change to new teams by Monday.

Your Teams:
- New season records for each team are created by Monday.
- Teams status will be reset to "Invited" by Monday.
- Teams stay roster locked and name/tag locked until rollover is complete, by Monday these will be unlocked.
- Teams can begin filling rosters on Monday.
- New Teams will be able to request division placement when their roster is filled, after Monday.
- Existing teams will be placed into new divisions over the next week, there may be some delay in placing your team's division in new season, as we process teams.

League: Each league will be changed to it's next season.
- Rankings and Team Lists are reset.
- Old teams who have gone inactive will be hidden from view. These teams can be reactivated on request by a team owner (contact admins).
- Maplist and Schedules for new season
- New updated Whitelists (mostly for cosmetic items etc)
- updated server cfgs, slight changes

Basically, don't worry about changes you might see over the weekend, by next week your team's should be sorted out ok.

Any questions?

Update Monday 4-21:
HL and 6v6 Leagues have been changed to new seasons,
HL and 6v Rosters are unlocked, team leaders can edit Team Tag and Team name, and can request div changes.
Still to do: Teams have yet to be division placed based on last season record, that will happen soon.

4v4 league to follow in next day or two.

Kansas
April 19th, 2014, 10:51 AM
I remember an admin saying we were able to leave our s12 rosters because ugc had already recorded everything over a week ago. I left my s12 team April 11th and joined a new team. Will I be still get a medal/credit for being on a roster?

snowblindfrog
April 19th, 2014, 11:34 AM
Medal lists were written back in like week 8. You are free to move teams now without penalty!

spange
April 19th, 2014, 03:40 PM
Please, decide between gpit OR steel, not both.

Jarrett000
April 19th, 2014, 04:45 PM
Any questions?

Do we have any word on what the projected/desired sizes of NA Plat HL and 6s will be for the upcoming season since they appear to be getting smaller over time?

Now that Player Elo (http://www.ugcleague.com/forum/showthread.php?18052-Player-ELO-is-here!) has been in existence for some time, how much of an effect can we expect it to have on division placement this upcoming season?

Is it possible to confirm or deny placement medals accompanying participant medals for any division in any of the 3 leagues this upcoming season?

For a few seasons now UGC has changed maximum roster capacity overall and in solely NA Plat. Do we have any word on if this will potentially change again, or will it predominately stay the same?

Thank you.

13thDoctor
April 20th, 2014, 09:50 AM
Medal lists were written back in like week 8. You are free to move teams now without penalty!

oh cool. I dropped myself from the roster shortly after week 8 ended and my team didn't qualify for the playoffs and seriously thought I was going to miss out on my first plat medal because of that :P

Fornaught
April 20th, 2014, 02:09 PM
Do we have any word on what the projected/desired sizes of NA Plat HL and 6s will be for the upcoming season since they appear to be getting smaller over time?

Division sizes will change constantly depending on who signs up - we do not have target numbers for divisions, instead placement depends on strength of roster and rankings from this season for existing teams. Lower divs may or may not need a (Red/Blue) split this season, we will see. Our league framework allows for changes in div setup, so that will be done as we see who signs up for the upcoming seasons.

Now that Player Elo (http://www.ugcleague.com/forum/showthread.php?18052-Player-ELO-is-here!) has been in existence for some time, how much of an effect can we expect it to have on division placement this upcoming season?

It is already being heavily used to give an indicator of team level.

Is it possible to confirm or deny placement medals accompanying participant medals for any division in any of the 3 leagues this upcoming season?

Working on it, when/if I have confirmation I will post it.

For a few seasons now UGC has changed maximum roster capacity overall and in solely NA Plat. Do we have any word on if this will potentially change again, or will it predominately stay the same?
Thank you.
For most teams there will be no change, na plat/eu plat size will depend on a few factors yet to be decided.

Grizz
April 20th, 2014, 05:04 PM
Is there going to be stricter admission into gold this season as far as what new teams can register for? Like can anyone make a team and play gold or are the admins showing more discretion this season. Just curious because i see a lot of people trying to go gold without much exp. or HL backround.

brick
April 20th, 2014, 06:02 PM
Is there going to be stricter admission into gold this season as far as what new teams can register for? Like can anyone make a team and play gold or are the admins showing more discretion this season. Just curious because i see a lot of people trying to go gold without much exp. or HL backround.

More specifically, Silver players with Low Silver experience are attempting to do this. I could care less if a bunch of Silver players from the top 8 teams are trying to move up, but we're talking about players who couldn't help their team win more than 3 wins.

ilikeTF2andpie
April 21st, 2014, 02:41 AM

Then there's that one team with a bunch of good Gold players on it. I don't know.. Maybe be strict this season?

Fornaught
April 21st, 2014, 02:57 PM
Update Monday 4-21:

HL and 6v6 Leagues have been changed to new seasons
HL and 6v Rosters are unlocked, team leaders can edit Team Tag and Team name, and can request div changes.

Still to do: Teams have yet to be division placed based on last season record, that will happen very soon.

4v4 league to follow in the next day or two, we are waiting for a late match result.

Note on requesting skill div:
We usually will not consider a drop to a lower level skill division unless a team has 3 wins or less in a full season.
As usual, placement is conditional on roster changes, you team may be moved up if your roster changes considerably.

Karl
April 21st, 2014, 03:15 PM
My team's roster still seems to be locked as of 30 seconds ago

brick
April 21st, 2014, 05:03 PM
Then there's that one team with a bunch of good Gold players on it. I don't know.. Maybe be strict this season?

So you mean a typical ACTUAL Gold team? What are you complaining about?

TheAngrySpy
April 22nd, 2014, 12:38 PM
When will the map list be released?

13thDoctor
April 22nd, 2014, 02:36 PM
When will the map list be released?

And the new whitelist?

snowblindfrog
April 22nd, 2014, 05:12 PM
"Soon"

-Valve time