PDA

View Full Version : Nyx - Spy - LFT Platinum HL

nyx
November 20th, 2012, 12:41 AM
no longer looking for team

Heya,

*Midwest
*2 seasons in UGC HL, 1 of which was on the mid silver team AP. I play pugs when I can.
*Ample hours as spy, but more importantly a great deal spent reviewing replays, maps, etc.
*Puts out on the first date

Looking to ****back up****on an established platinum team, as I really want to start playing with people who want to optimize every element of their game. I bring nothing short of a serious attitude to every scrim and am very willing to adapt my playstyle/loadout to be the most successful as a team player. I don't mind if I get sidelined often; if that's what it takes to get better, I will do it.

But most importantly about my video games philosophy: I AM BAD. I know that I am bad, I don't have any illusions of this. I've found my skill level plateauing in recent months but I think I'm starting to get over this slump after countless demo reviews, discussions with mentors, etc. I never find an unfair death in competitive play, the problem's roots always come back to my own errors and I am slowly learning to overcome these.

I realize I'm selling myself a bit short here, so here are some things I want you to know:
*I don't use DR as a crutch. Many get frustrated because they get shit on because they do not change their approach all game long. I find myself switching watches with each life, as it is necessary, to great effect mainly because the DR is an autopilot's watch. Average players know to anticipate the autopilot.
*I am ALWAYS striving for quality comms. Like seriously it's important. Here's another sentence expressing the importance of comms. If there is a clear problem with positioning, flank coverage, etc. I'll always call it out. ALWAYS.
*I have really intimate knowledge of maps. Little ledges, small hiding places, cloak and dagger spots that can see all entry/exits on certain points, etc. If I feel like I'm sucking, running through a map on my own will be the second thing I do after assessing my decision-making. This is something that other spies around my level don't do enough of.

Contact me here: http://steamcommunity.com/id/nyxthedyx/

overseer
November 20th, 2012, 06:46 AM
He shares a name with a Dota assassin hero, he must be good at spy.

vanilla
November 21st, 2012, 02:14 AM
Cool dude, really dedicated to improving. He's absolutely not bad, and would learn a lot and do really well backing up for any plat team. Good luck!

nyx
November 27th, 2012, 10:42 AM
quick bump so my post does not get completely buried.

Moose
November 27th, 2012, 10:54 AM
Isn't actually bad
Nyx is a bro and will be around whenever you need him to be

Argo
November 27th, 2012, 02:02 PM
Nyx is the man. Solid spy who plays smart. Amazing revolver aim. Little evan in the making.

nyx
December 4th, 2012, 10:46 PM
hiyo i'm currently in finals week but afterward i'd be happy to ring and help out in any scrims or whatever