PDA

View Full Version : Setting Up 2014 Seasons - Invited Status, Skill Divisions & more.

Fornaught
December 16th, 2013, 03:11 PM
We are in the process of setting up 2014 seasons of TF2
Highlander Season 12 - Open
6v6 Season 14 - Open
4v4 Season 1 - new format, will open this week and starts Jan 23.

Some relevant info:

Rosters & Team Membership
Players can drop old Teams or join new Teams now. Changing teams now will not effect any medals you have earned.

There is a change in the way team leaders add new players.
New Team Members must sign in by STEAM to the UGC website, and request to join your team using your Team's Join Password

Players requesting to Join your team:
Give your NEW players your Team's "Join Password" and tell them to do this:
1. Sign into UGC website using the green "sign in by STEAM" button.
2. Go to your public Team Page, and click on "Join Team"
3. Follow form instructions for sending a join team request.

Leaders accept New player's Join Request on your team leader's Roster page.

Invited Teams, Team 'Status'
All teams from the last two seasons are automatically invited to the 2014 seasons, unless they have intentionally dropped out. Team leaders can login to their teams, and select whether to join this season, or to drop out. If your team has died, setting it to drop out will remove you from spam email list, so please do that.
Team 'Status' is a readyness indicator for your team, team leaders control that setting on their leader home page. Only ready teams will be scheduled, so once your team is setup, please set your team to that "status" level.

New Teams
All new teams are placed into New Teams divisions while their team leader adds players. Once a new team has reach a full roster, the leader can set his status level, and request a skill division for his team. We will try to honor that request if your roster is a good fit for your skill level choice, otherwise we may set your division higher. All new team rosters will be reviewed several times over the next months, and a new team's skill level placement may change based on roster review.

Skill Division Team Placement for Existing Teams
Step 1 of skill placement: All existing teams are placed into divisions based on their final ranking from the previous season. This will be complete for 6v6 and HL this week. Teams that move up in skill divisions in this way is usually a final move, congratulations for your success.
Step 2 of Skill placements: All existing teams will have rosters reviewed prior to start of the next season. Some teams may find that their roster has changed so significantly that they will qualify for a higher division. That adjustment may occur at anytime over the next few weeks. We cannot consider teams for downward movement because their roster has changed, teams must play their earned rank from a previous season.

A Note on Skill Levels:
Lowest to highest is in this order: Iron, Steel, Silver, Gold, Platinum.
Players should play at their experience level. We allow players a lot of lattitude when picking teams, however there will be some limits.
For example, If a player with platinum experience is looking for a team, an Iron or Steel team is an inappropriate choice.
Since roster lists will determine some team placement into divisions, a top level player joining a lower team may cause the entire team to be relocated to a higher division. Team leaders, please consider the cumulative nature of your roster choices, since most teams compete fairly - please do not be the team who stacks his roster like a madman, you will be noticed and changes to your team will be made.

As a guidline for new teams:
Steel - This division is a starting point for most players or new teams with minimal experience. IF your team is made of players with experience above steel, start in silver.
Iron - This is the lowest level of competition, reserved for teams with very few wins in prior seasons in Steel, or New Teams made of players with no competitive history at all. Iron is not the starting point for newly constructed teams made of players with competitive history.
Silver - This is a moderate skill division, for experienced players and teams.
Gold & Platinum - Higher Skill restricted divisions, entry is based on team performance or experience level of players.
Your team must have a record to qualify for these divisions. If you are a new team, your players must have proven experience at top levels before your team will be considered for gold or platinum skill divisions.

*PS - The intention to "offclass" will have zero bearing on the determination of a team's skill level placement. Zero.

Metawe
December 16th, 2013, 03:44 PM
Good to know that there will be more reviewing for team placement. Anything yet about item bans?

Mamboulay
December 16th, 2013, 04:03 PM
I believe I promised myself I'd stop giving my 2 cents on divisions..

Very excited for next season! I'm hoping you've decided to move the season start date, January 13th seems so soon.

soap
December 16th, 2013, 11:04 PM
What is the policy on off classing teams

Bowswer5
December 16th, 2013, 11:43 PM
What is the policy on off classing teams

*PS - The intention to "offclass" will have zero bearing on the determination of a team's skill level placement. Zero.

/10characters

soap
December 17th, 2013, 01:43 AM
Damn, I wish I could read effectively.

snowblindfrog
December 17th, 2013, 12:56 PM
Auto movements up/down (based on record) have been completed for all North American and European teams. We created a new EU Gold div and have placed a number of teams there. Asia, South America and AUS/NZ all have a new Plat and Steel div. We will be moving teams as we get more sign ups. We may/may not have enough to field 2 divs in those regions, we will have wait and see.

Good to know that there will be more reviewing for team placement. Anything yet about item bans?

We will be deciding on weapon bans after Christmas.

LegendaryLennon
December 18th, 2013, 07:07 AM
Is there any way i can know what division my team will be in? If not when are teams going to be moved divisions.

Fornaught
December 18th, 2013, 07:52 AM
Is there any way i can know what division my team will be in? If not when are teams going to be moved divisions.

Lennon, new teams like yours will be reviewed once your roster is complete. However please be patient, this process will take a few weeks for the whole list of teams. I did get your pm and we will try our best to make it work.

Since many teams join late, I expect the skill division to remain fluid until right before preseason in January.

Nick
December 18th, 2013, 08:00 AM
This may be a stupid question but does what team you're rostered on in Highlander impact your teams placement in 6's?

For example: I'm going to be on a Steel 6's team next season with 3~4 people who have been on Gold+ rosters. Will this affect our 6's ranking?

Karl
December 18th, 2013, 04:17 PM
This may be a stupid question but does what team you're rostered on in Highlander impact your teams placement in 6's?

For example: I'm going to be on a Steel 6's team next season with 3~4 people who have been on Gold+ rosters. Will this affect our 6's ranking?

Considering you were on a 2-6 silver team it would seem that moving to steel would be the best option.

polk
December 22nd, 2013, 05:44 PM
I'm curious to see the rules for the 4v4?

Fornaught
December 23rd, 2013, 11:10 AM
We are working on 4v4 setup right now, but it will stick close to the setup used by andyvich and herty in their euro tourneys.
You can expect all the details by Friday.
The weapon list will be moderate, more restricted items than HL but less than 6v6.
The maps are mostly koth, though herty has been playtesting a few alternate map types, and there will be a few non-koth maps.
The most different thing will be the class setup; one of each class will be allowed, but one one of medic and hwguy can be used at one time. No hwguy+medic combos. While that might seems an odd restriction, it actually plays out very well.

Anyway please give us a few days to work out the wrinkles, we will get all this posted in news by the end of the week.