PDA

View Full Version : Koga LFT Soldier/Medic/Demo/Engineer S12 Gold+

Koga
November 5th, 2013, 01:25 AM
Hello all!

Seeing as the season is nearing its end, and Misfit Mercenaries is going to be splitting up come seasons end, I am setting up a LFT Thread. At this point in time I am unsure which class I want to play this season.

I am really thinking about playing soldier for a team this season, and would at least like to try out playing it in gold, before looking into silver for that class. I have rung for some silver teams a soldier a few times, and I always do pretty well, and I usually am better than the other soldier. I am really good at jumping as well. I frequently get comments from my 6's teammates on that fact when they spec me after they die :P

I would likely be interested in playing medic after that. I have played it at a mid-high gold level this season, and I typically perform better than other medics (typically, heh). I have pretty good positioning, and I think that I am pretty good with how I play medic. the only downside is if the other team is clearly focusing me at all times (and more than i'm going to try to kill the medic kind of way. more like, we are going to constantly bomb two people in on him to pick him) then I tend to get a little stressed, but nothing too terrible. I am pretty good about spies and snipers as well, and I am WELL prepared to protect myself. You can ask my team. ;) I am also able to main call if your team really needs that for them. The only thing I ask is that the team listens if I do main call. I would mainly be looking to play medic at a high gold - low plat level.

I would also be willing to play demo in gold, although I don't have a huge amount of experience ringing demo for teams, I have played it for quite a while in inhouse 6's pugs, mix.nahl, and on a CEVO team, so I know I have good DM and good gamesense. I would consider playing demo in silver after trying out in a gold team or two. I can main call here as well, and it would probably be easier, since I see the damage I do, versus medic. Pretty good at jumping with demo too. Just cant rollout on god damned badlands.. I just dont know man..

I have several seasons of Engineer as well. I could be coaxed into playing engie at a gold level, but I'm not sure that I want to pursue that at the moment. For some reason I mainly enjoy engie on payload, and pride myself on it, but I have the shotgun DM of a turd when it comes to engie (at least lately) so I'm not too sure on this one... I'd have to have some time to get back into the shotgun groove if I did play engie...

A little about me:

I am 20, and I live in Michigan. I am a pretty chill dude, who likes to hang out in mumble with people. I love to pug with friends, and play other games too. I play on a toaster, but that doesn't stop me from vidya gamin.

Previous Experience:

Backup Sniper/Engie for Super Market Gardeners (SMG) in UGC HL season 6 (Steel)

All class backup for Essentially a Pirate Ship (EaPS) in UGC season 7 (Steel)

Main engie for the Executable (.exe) in UGC HL season 8 (Steel)

Main Medic for Apparently Paul Sucks (.aps) in UGC HL Season 9 through week 4 (Silver)

Main Medic for Alpha Tango (AT) in UGC HL Season 9 starting week 5 (Silver) (#1 Seed before playoffs)

UGC Silver Season 9 All-Star Medic Nominee.

Main Engineer for Alpha Tango (AT) in UGC HL Season 10 (Gold) (Final rank - 5th)

Main Medic for Misfit Mercenaries (MM) in UGC HL Season 11 (Gold) (Ranked 8th before playoffs)

Main Roamer for The Sexy Singles (.ss) in UGC 6's Season 13 (Silver)

I would like to start on a gold team, maybe plat if medic, but idk. If interested, you can add me on steam (http://steamcommunity.com/id/KogaTM87) [[FAST ADD]] (steam://friends/add/76561198044674670) or just post here.

Thanks for the consideration! :)

Link to my other LFT thread in the Gold section [Link] (http://www.ugcleague.com/forum/showthread.php?14478-Koga-LFT-Soldier-Medic-Demo-Engineer-S12-Gold)

Link to a few clips on my YouTube Channel [Link] (https://www.youtube.com/user/1nsertC00lNameHere/videos)

Currently 6 offers - 1 plat engie, 1 gold soldier/medic, 1 gold medic/engie, 2 gold medic, and one steel team that wants to move up to gold for some reason, even after having a not-so-great season...

Wakka
November 5th, 2013, 01:34 AM
jesus christ, I should be able to as well!

jesus christ, I should be able to too!
whoa

hes cool tho

Koga
November 5th, 2013, 01:39 AM
whoa

hes cool tho

dammit, I knew I forgot to edit something! Fixed!

Blasko
November 5th, 2013, 01:30 PM
He's pretty fantastic tbh.

brick
November 5th, 2013, 05:15 PM
I can't really comment on Koga's playing ability, I've only loosely rang for AT several times and I don't think I've ever played with him in HL when he's played Soldier or Medic, however, I can comment on who he is as a person. He has his beliefs and opinions on certain classes, but never lets it get in the way of nice class/weapon debates. He's always kept an open mind on things and definitely loves trying out new metas (tickzf; style). He knows a good deal amount about the game throughout different classes. I've always heard his spy awareness was shit, but then again, he's an Engineer main.

You definitely won't regret having him on your team personality wise, wish I could say more, but I don't want to throw it out there that he's a Plat level whatever and have him turn around and post up a 3-21 log on me :P Good luck to ya, Koga!

Koga
November 5th, 2013, 05:22 PM
I've always heard his spy awareness was shit, but then again, he's an Engineer main.

GAHD! I play engineer for a season between medic and suddenly I main that class! I put it at the end of what classes I'd be interested in playing for a season! :P And I like to think that I have been working on the spy awareness thing this season. Only a couple select spies ever caused me trouble this season. (here's to you feint)

You definitely won't regret having him on your team personality wise, wish I could say more, but I don't want to throw it out there that he's a Plat level whatever and have him turn around and post up a 3-21 log on me :P Good luck to ya, Koga!

And thats why I was saying gold, not plat! I don't quite think that I am ready for a spot in plat yet... I could still use some work haha.

Wakka
November 5th, 2013, 05:44 PM
you play engie once and people call you an engineer main

i know the struggle

Koga
November 5th, 2013, 06:10 PM

i know the struggle

#TheStruggleIsReal

DerpLink
November 5th, 2013, 08:58 PM
Aw man, Koga. I've only known you for a season, but I still have a lot a couple of things to say about you. I don't even know where to start haha. Anyway, Koga is an amazing chill dude that enjoys to pub with friends and has friendly, can do attitude. He's one awesome dude to hang out with in mumble and play some CS:GO to wreck some baddies. He's a bit on the quiet side, due to his frail voice, so if he does choose to maincall as a demo or medic, make sure you listen for his quiet voice. I know I couldn't hear him sometimes in mumble during a scrim or match and I felt quite bad when I made a stupid decision to push, when Koga told me to back out.

On terms of experience and level of classes, I'll start with medic. Koga is a very solid med with the ability to maincall efficiently and has good positioning. He backs out when needed and outdamages/outfrags the other medics in logs (haha). I personally think that he is one of the higher level medics in Gold this season. My only issue with him was that he pocketed me a lot. It wasn't a bad thing, but there were some instances where I wanted to share the uber with our Heavy or Pyro, but they get dropped because Koga kept most of the uber on me (Demo) and I would feel pretty terrible after a push because our pyro/heavy died the instant they tried to support me. Regardless, he's fixed this issue in the later matches and our team has made much better pushes since then. Just make sure to keep flank classes and spies away to prevent him from being stressed.

On Engineer, Koga did a pretty damn good job in our recent scrims when we switched him to that class. He has good shot gun aim even though he says he doesn't, knows how to mini (who doesn't) and knows general sentry spots in a lot of maps.

Koga also plays a good soldier. I've seen him on jump maps and when I rang for his 6's team. He has some sick jumps and is capable of getting a crap ton of med drops. He also has the capability of rolling out very fast on a CP or KOTH with his insane jumps to wreck the opposing flank. He has good rocket aim and can hit a couple of airshots in MGE. Koga would do fine as a soldier in Gold for sure.

Although I haven't seen Koga's demo that much, I believe he can do fine around gold, since he has previous experience in main calling. He has good DM (from some MGEs) on Demo that is capable of gold, if not, high silver. Dealing damage would also make it easier for him to make decisions on when to push or not.

All in all, Koga is a solid pickup for any roster, and deserves a slot in a team.

Koga
November 6th, 2013, 07:15 PM
bump'n

/10bumps

Koga
November 7th, 2013, 08:57 PM
bumpin again to keep front page.

RokkitFrog
November 8th, 2013, 08:46 AM
Koga's a cutie medic and I happily die to save him. He does tend to pocket demos a tad heavily or drop a pyro/heavy on pushes, but that's just me being used to fat heals. 10/10 would airsandvich again.

p.s. he's a really cool guy to talk to and one of the coolest kids in our autism mumble, +rep

RJ.TF2
November 8th, 2013, 11:09 PM
Literally the lowest temperature dude I know. Amazing at pretty much any class, including Spy. ^^

Pick him up, you won't regret it. :3

Koga
November 10th, 2013, 11:45 PM
bumpin to keep front page.

A_TeddyBear
November 11th, 2013, 12:15 AM
Cool dude to shoot the shit with, dont know much about his DM since he played med and i never watched any game they played. Like brick said, has his beliefs but is still open minded and willing to try new strats to see what happens.

Koga
November 12th, 2013, 12:27 AM
I am also personally endorsed by Loops! Yes! The one with the dick!

1:37 AM - Loops Catfaec: You're a faggot.

MelonLord
November 12th, 2013, 02:54 PM
Koga is really fun to have around, a real buddy :D He's great at all the classes I listed above, and shows a passion towards the teams he plays for. Solid player!

pencilelitist
November 12th, 2013, 05:20 PM

i know the struggle

pls make it stop

Koga's a great personality to have on your team, in and out of TF2. I haven't seen much of his soldier or demo but his engi and medic are gold level. His engi is a bit stronger than medic imo, and he can keep up a level 3 better than I can (if that says anything). From what I've seen, his medic play style is fairly aggressive while his engi is more passive, and as others have said he is very dedicated to his team.

Edit: Also, he gives more attention to the engi than any other medic. I think this is a good thing :3

Koga
November 13th, 2013, 04:26 AM
Also, he gives more attention to the engi than any other medic. I think this is a good thing :3

Having played engie, I understand the difference between not buffing/flashing an engie on pl defense, versus doing it. It makes such a big difference... everything is just so much easier... also idk why you think I am better than you. I'm literally poop at this game. Actually make that every game. Why do I even have an LFT thread up?!?

Koga
November 14th, 2013, 03:22 AM
Bumpin. So many threads. So hard to keep front page...

Koga
November 15th, 2013, 05:25 PM
bump for front page.

Koga
November 17th, 2013, 11:55 AM
bump
/10char

Koga
November 19th, 2013, 09:53 PM
bump. hard 2 stay front page :(

Koga
November 20th, 2013, 11:38 PM
stahp. front page is hard to stay on :(

Koga
November 23rd, 2013, 08:59 PM
dese bumps keep comin. no shame from me!

Koga
November 26th, 2013, 05:00 PM
bump
/noshame

Koga
December 6th, 2013, 05:50 AM
bump. damn I was on the 3rd page! I'm getting more and more teams that want me, so time's running out!

Koga
January 5th, 2014, 09:11 PM
bump again for a soldier spot. I have been offered medic for a couple teams, but I still really want a soldier spot.

Hydrofluoric
January 7th, 2014, 10:20 PM
Like to try you out on soldier, and possibly engie. pls add or respond to my request (https://steamcommunity.com/id/hydrofluoric)

Koga
January 14th, 2014, 03:16 AM
mm bump, gimme soldier spots plz.

Simsar
January 16th, 2014, 11:31 PM
As someone who's played with Koga off and on and heard the rumors, yes, he's just that good. Seriously, is NO ONE going to pick up a guy who uses Venonat and Venomoth and crushes little children's hopes and dreams?

I bump because I care, and so should you, give this man a home and rocket launcher, he'll give you a flank and a consistent game every week.

- Jersey

Koga
January 19th, 2014, 10:28 PM
Bump. I have had two teams tell me that I am on their team, and then have pick up another person within a couple days of that...

Koga
January 21st, 2014, 10:56 PM
got some medic offers, but idk if I'm feeling medic. gimme some soldier spots plz.

IssGonRain
January 22nd, 2014, 01:34 AM
Used to chill with us in mumble a lot. Cool guy , level headed and pretty skilled in his soldier and medic play. Pick the dude up .

Koga
January 24th, 2014, 02:47 AM
My search is over (for now at least) as I have found a team to play soldier for. Have a good season everyone!