PDA

View Full Version : IssGonRain LFT Gold Sniper

IssGonRain
November 4th, 2013, 12:50 AM
Hello , I am IssGonRain/Reasoner or whatever you want to call me. I don't believe ftm will be continuing to sesaon 12 so I shall post a thread (rip) I'll be looking for any team in gold or a high silver team possibly ( if you intend to go for playoffs / top 8 silver) I'd like more then 2 scrims a week and I'd love a weekly map review.

I am going to give up on pyro for awhile and try either sniper , soldier or demo in that order of preference. I'd only play another class for some special team. Also I intend to consider my options for awhile.

Sniper - Only 1 season of experience, learned a lot though and not a total noob any more. I prefer a gold spot for sniper ( can do silver ). I'll be doing a completely new sensitivity for s12 if I get picked up for it , so I'll prefer tryouts after playoffs so I can adjust to it . I try to use jarate if it is viable. I got 2nd place silver with sniper so who knows.

Soldier - No experience in soldier , I really need to improve how to properly jump honestly. Willing to learn , but I should be fine in gold tbh.

Demo not trying out for demo again.

Experience

HL
Season 8 Iron - The Cuties - 3rd place - Pyro
Season 9 Silver - The Cuties - 2nd place - Sniper
Season 10 Silver - Ev Trained - Pyro
Season 11 Gold - In It for the medal - Pyro

6's
Season ??? Backup ev trained/ Super retro
Season 13 Roster rider Brazzilionaires platinum 7-1 ( ongoing )

Whatever class I get picked up as in hl I'll try to go into steel 6's or something - with a plat 6's medal 8) -

Thanks.

Nokk
November 4th, 2013, 12:59 AM
Dedicated player, always shows up to scrims, and is a natural born leader so I can see him being a good main caller if he gets picked up on demo. Would be awesome if he came back on Sniper in Gold. Great personality, likes whale calls, +rep.

Raiden
November 4th, 2013, 01:00 AM
Rain is a really great person. A fast learner, has a strong understanding of the game, and performs very well as Sniper and Pyro (despite not wanting to play it anymore). He's very chill and I love playing with him.

Pls give Rain a good home he deserves it.

a_ferris_wheel
November 4th, 2013, 02:01 AM
very cool person. he's dedicated and always wants to know what he can do to improve. he's all about the team and the definition of a good teammate. he also knows how to play tf2 well.

Watsyurdeal
November 4th, 2013, 02:03 AM
IssGonRain is pretty sub par

Reasoner however, dis guy...man, he practically shits gold

Blasko
November 4th, 2013, 03:52 AM
He gud. We were on an Iron team once, I think.

brick
November 4th, 2013, 12:38 PM
Rain is one of my favorites from the S9 Cuties, he always laughed at my crude jokes and would rarely throw me into the Time-Out Corner. Though his Sniper skills back then were arguably awful (kid couldn't even headshot a Heavy) he progressed really well throughout the entire season. You tend to get better when you have to snipe against Bowswer, Dreadnought, tech and zeroskill. I don't know his Soldier play but he gets mentored by the Monkey66 from the Tin Team so you know he's good. Definitely carries lobbies and mixes as Demoman.

Picking up Rain will grant you a player who knows the struggles of a Leader. This means he'll show up on time and if he can't, he'll inform you so that you'll have time to find a replacement. He won't clog comms and he'll keep his attitude positive. I don't think I've ever seen him rage before, but I'm sure he's gotten pissed off at least once or twice. Highly recommend this player.

smobo
November 4th, 2013, 01:58 PM
close this thread i'm picking you up >:(

Argo
November 4th, 2013, 03:09 PM
One of the earliest diggas. Veteran dynasty member.

Rains a solid sniper who improved a ton during s9 and who im sure could play pretty comfortably in gold. Idk about his other classes but soldiers easy and Reds fucking amazing so maybe some of that talent juice he shoots got caught in rains hair. Anyways rains a really cool guy. Highly recommended.

Plus he likes Arcade Fire so he knows good music.

Penguin
November 4th, 2013, 04:21 PM
WOW not switching to engineer, I see how it is Rain. You didn't value my training at all. :'(

brick
November 4th, 2013, 04:30 PM
WOW not switching to engineer, I see how it is Rain. You didn't value my training at all. :'(

Don't worry, Penguin, you'll always have me. Er, and uh, Lunchbox (who still hasn't made the switch to Engineer *cough*).

JPA32
November 4th, 2013, 04:49 PM
This guy is probably a good pick-up for your team, but be forewarned.

He smells.

smobo
November 4th, 2013, 10:27 PM
close this thread, i called dibs

IssGonRain
November 6th, 2013, 03:52 AM
Bump , and important notice , THE jpa32 , also known as "jappy" , can roster ride where ever I go . He can also backup for a few classes if we need him and I nag him.

Also I changed my sensitivity by a lot today but my sniping feels fairly fine despite no muscle memory with it I guess. Liking sniper a lot, with soldier behind if I can get tried out for that.

Thanks for the comments

Spartacus
November 6th, 2013, 10:11 AM
This guy is probably a good pick-up for your team, but be forewarned.

He smells.

Yeah, I can smell him all the way through mumble. He is good at a lot of classes though, good pickup.

Metawe
November 6th, 2013, 12:36 PM
He outsniped me in a lotusclan upward server he's really good. His pyro play is one of the most annoying things to play against and I remember from season 9 the few times we scrimmed the cuties my team hated playing against him because he would stand far back behind his team and bodyshot people for 150 (he didn't even use the machina) and kill all of us. He made our sniper almost ragequit once then again it was snorlax and he goes for 360 quickscopes.

Bottomline is if you want someone to play the gayest as sniper and be the best at it you should pick him up. I can't really comment about any other class (other than pyro but you're not lft pyro) as I haven't seen you play it much.

Sylvester
November 6th, 2013, 01:45 PM
special kind of pyro main that can play other classes pretty well :) pick him up! <3

MelonLord
November 6th, 2013, 02:22 PM
Rain is my best friend :D He puts so much care and attention into every class that he plays, and is one of the most dedicated, hardworking teammates I've ever had. He never fails to let me down, and continues to be the most supportive awesome bro in the world. He understands the hardships of being a leader, and will make most if not all team events and scrims. His ability to multiclass strengthens his ability as a player, and will undoubtedly only get better the more he plays competitive.
Metawe is completely right. Rain probably plays the gayest most effective sniper you'll see. Never underestimate the power of a bodyshot. (Fun fact, his sniper rifle is named "Rain's Own Bodyshotter" and when he finally retires the weapon, he plans on putting on a headshot part so it looks like all those kills were bodyshots...hue). But that aside, hes actually been working on his sniper in general and is quite capable at playing a high level sniper (he can headshot just fine, it's not a conspiracy).
I've only seen his demo through mix pugs and lobbies (though he rang for cuties once as demo, tru facts), and he really seems to have fun with and enjoy the class. I haven't seen enough to really judge what level hes at, but give him a shot at it! He is mentored by THE monkey66 after all, who before he switched to medic, was one of the best demos I know.

Pick Rain up, and you will have one of THE coolest and most dedicated people gracing your soon-to-be-pro roster.

Metawe
November 6th, 2013, 06:45 PM
Don't let him play spy though, he says he can but he can't.

IssGonRain
November 9th, 2013, 05:59 PM
I was once called a beautiful butterfly

Bump ( thanks for comments and metawe I carried you as spy)

Karl
November 9th, 2013, 06:18 PM
He crushes ubers every time.

IssGonRain
November 11th, 2013, 11:14 PM
Bump, nothing to do any more so try me out whenever.

IssGonRain
November 15th, 2013, 10:04 PM
Screw demo , not trying out for it ( having more fun with soldier/sniper)

Bumping for sniper and soldier.

Lion
November 17th, 2013, 11:07 PM
Has rang for us several times as sniper and soldier. Always been impressed with his play. Very calm and chill dude from the experiences I've had with him and would be a great addition to any gold team. Pick this dude up B)

IssGonRain
November 19th, 2013, 01:06 AM
Bumpin' this, 2nd page.

g..
November 19th, 2013, 11:35 AM
Would play TF2 with

Snorlax
November 20th, 2013, 12:58 PM
Bottomline is if you want someone to play the gayest as sniper and be the best at it you should pick him up.

lol ok metawe
hes good though +rep

IssGonRain
November 23rd, 2013, 12:58 AM
Bump . Random fact time. I am 6'6 tall .

Also I am liking sniper more.

IssGonRain
November 25th, 2013, 10:39 PM
Bump . Random fact I tend to bodyshot a good pick if I have to.

Note: I don't intend to decide on a team for awhile, please note this.

IssGonRain
November 29th, 2013, 06:58 PM
Bump , don't have anymore tryouts to do .

Random fact, I had less then 100 hours in sniper when I started it in s9 silver.

IssGonRain
December 2nd, 2013, 11:25 PM
Bump . I might also get a 120 hz monitor for xmas neither then my crappy one right now . ( probably will help my sniping a lot)

Random fact, I am on the west coast of Canada. And lack tryouts.

Blasko
December 3rd, 2013, 12:41 AM
Bump . I might also get a 120 hz monitor for xmas neither then my crappy one right now . ( probably will help my sniping a lot). Does this mean you'll actually hit heads? :P

IssGonRain
December 3rd, 2013, 12:55 AM
Does this mean you'll actually hit heads? :P

It means I'll be hittting where I am aiming more :p

smobo
December 3rd, 2013, 01:43 PM
random fact: one of the only canadians i acknowledge as an actual person

IssGonRain
December 7th, 2013, 12:52 AM
random fact: one of the only canadians i acknowledge as an actual person

You too :P

Bump . Prefer sniper. Would like more tryouts .

Random fact , I change the songs on my profile a lot.

IssGonRain
December 10th, 2013, 02:41 AM
Bump .

Random fact, glad metawes team won gold.

IssGonRain
December 13th, 2013, 03:48 PM
Bump.

[7:38:37 PM] IssGonSnow lft: HI
[7:39:38 PM] SNORLAX.zed: HEY NEVER SNIPE AGAINST ME IN A PUB EVER AGAIN

IssGonRain
December 16th, 2013, 11:30 PM
Bump . So tired of playing viaduct and barnblitz. Anyway hopefully deciding within the next 2 weeks at most.

IssGonRain
December 21st, 2013, 05:07 AM
Bump . Sniper sniper.

DarkNecrid
December 21st, 2013, 05:34 AM
he's cool, pick him up pls

IssGonRain
December 23rd, 2013, 08:35 PM
Sad bump.

Due to lack of teams lf snipers, and my hope dying I've decided to try pyro again. I prefer sniper but I don't mind pyro at this point.

Raiden
December 23rd, 2013, 11:15 PM
Sad bump.
like this if you cry everytime

IssGonRain
December 27th, 2013, 02:04 AM
I'm closing this , backing up on qt unless a gold team needs a sniper out of the blue.

IssGonRain
December 30th, 2013, 09:01 PM
Definitely backing up on qt, ring me sniper :) Thanks , closed.