PDA

View Full Version : CAUTION: Big update coming soon!

Cold--
October 28th, 2013, 01:59 PM
Server operators and Team Leaders,

According to http://teamfortress.com, on September 18th there is a post declaring that the new Halloween event will start 1,000 hours from that day.

1,000 / 24 = 41.666~7

41 days from September 18th (depending on if they count September as Day 1 or Day 0) is Monday, October 28th or Tuesday, October 29th (your timezone will apply of course).

What does this mean for you?
You must ensure that your server is updated once the update is released. If you do not know how to update your server's version of TF2, contact your service provider ASAP or collaborate with other Team Leaders [in this thread]. Most service providers have an option to check for updates. Your server will need a restart once the update has downloaded.

If you are having trouble updating your client software, try going into your Steam options and changing your location to a foreign country (it's worked for me multiple times). Once TF2 is updated, change your location back and restart Steam.

Bam. You're ready to play. Good luck tonight!

http://media.steampowered.com/steam/news/11479/robot_n_fly.jpg

Niko Jims
October 28th, 2013, 08:35 PM
41.666 != 41

Update will be out tomorrow around 3pm est. Assuming they are sticking with the actual time.

Cold--
October 28th, 2013, 09:20 PM
I wasn't sure if they were counting the day the blog was released or not and decided to play it safe and release a news post tonight just in case the update dropped tonight.

Thanks.

micgao
October 28th, 2013, 10:06 PM
Valve time

Slegna
October 29th, 2013, 01:29 AM
Not necessarily, there was a blog post and a new comic. So the Halloween event HAS started, even if there hasn't been a released update for TF2 yet.

Lunchbox
October 29th, 2013, 01:46 AM
Today was match day so there would have been a need to update servers ASAP. If it happens Tuesday, scrims are mildly inconvenienced at best.

StarMazer
October 29th, 2013, 12:47 PM
Valve only updates tf2 either on Tuesday or Thursday. Steam problems during matches only happen due to testing and etc. Because Halloween is on a Thursday the update will most likely happen exactly on the 31st, valve can wait till that time.

Edit: Valve Time

smobo
October 29th, 2013, 12:58 PM
Valve only updates tf2 either on Tuesday or Thursday. Steam problems during matches only happen due to testing and etc. Because Halloween is on a Thursday the update will most likely happen exactly on the 31st, valve can wait till that time.

Or you could quit speculating and appreciate the fact that Cold gave us all some tips on how to deal with it? TF2 has updated on mondays before, end of story.

micgao
October 29th, 2013, 01:55 PM
Thanks based Cold for giving us tips on how to update servers

StarMazer
October 29th, 2013, 03:29 PM
Or you could quit speculating and appreciate the fact that Cold gave us all some tips on how to deal with it? TF2 has updated on mondays before, end of story.
I'm not saying I don't appreciate it, this was very helpful for many teams to be on guard. If we didn't have this warning it might as well have ended up like Esea by not having any help or back up plans for teams. No need to go Jackie Chan on me.

Cold--
October 29th, 2013, 04:08 PM
I'm not saying I don't appreciate it, this was very helpful for many teams to be on guard. If we didn't have this warning it might as well have ended up like Esea by not having any help or back up plans for teams. No need to go Jackie Chan on me.

I agree with Smobo. I will also take your speculation out of context and demand you give me cookies. Or pictures of your pets. Your appreciation is welcome.

Thanks based Cold for giving us tips on how to update servers

np

StarMazer
October 29th, 2013, 04:40 PM
I agree with Smobo. I will also take your speculation out of context and demand you give me cookies. Or pictures of your pets. Your appreciation is welcome.

If you want more cookies for your browser repeatedly click this link http://www.ugcleague.com/forum/

Otherwise here they look like cookies give me credit :< 372