View Full Version : REMINDER: Rosters lock next week for the rest of the season

snowblindfrog
October 20th, 2013, 08:07 PM
REMINDER: Rosters lock next week

Highlander 9v9 - October 27th (Sunday)
6vs6 - October 29th (Tuesday)

Ron Swanson HandiQ
October 22nd, 2013, 08:08 PM
Seems fairly bizarre to let players jump ship from Gold/Plat right before roster lock onto lower-tiered teams. Just flat out bizarre.

brick
October 22nd, 2013, 09:11 PM
Seems fairly bizarre to let players jump ship from Gold/Plat right before roster lock onto lower-tiered teams. Just flat out bizarre.

The only players who "jump ship" from Plat/Gold teams are those whose teams have died and currently can't find starting spots for Plat/Gold teams. If you're referring to Hugh Laurie, he's been on HKC since the beginning of the season. He didn't jump shit mid-way. The Admins have known about it and have kept tabs on the team, they obviously felt there was no need to bump them up. Also, I looked up your team, the opponents you've lost to, don't belong in Gold or Platinum, and at best, have one or two players who can backup in Plat. Even if we were to knock out the good players and say give your team 10 more spots, guess what, your team STILL isn't good enough to qualify for a chance for 1st place. Plus, I'd rather have a Plat Sniper off-class in a lower division than have a Plat Sniper main in a lower division, AM I RIGHT MINI / 9AM? *cough* Just kidding, love you, Mini!

ID-MINI
October 22nd, 2013, 09:21 PM
AM I RIGHT MINI / 9AM? *cough* Just kidding, love you, Mini!

I feel sorry for zeroskills back, it must've really hurt from carrying us.

WhiteRiceBoi
October 23rd, 2013, 07:03 PM
The only players who "jump ship" from Plat/Gold teams are those whose teams have died and currently can't find starting spots for Plat/Gold teams.

Check out Brilliant Minds, a 6-0 team in silver just added a few gold players. Legit competition.

This thread title should be renamed to: Silver Teams: Make sure you get your plat and gold fillers for the playoffs, deadline coming up soon!

brick
October 23rd, 2013, 07:53 PM
Check out Brilliant Minds, a 6-0 team in silver just added a few gold players. Legit competition.

This thread title should be renamed to: Silver Teams: Make sure you get your plat and gold fillers for the playoffs, deadline coming up soon!

Just looked, one is a sniper who did not keep up with other Gold snipers. The other is a Pyro main, not an impressive one either. Also, you further proved my point, these players didn't "jump ship" like Ron over here thinks, their teams respectively died and they hopped on the first team to take them. It's easier to move down than to go up. Come at me with a legit argument and then maybe you're on to something. However, both players they rostered are hardly any better than the starters they already had, this subject is still weak and pathetic, just stop trying to make these peoples seem better than they are because the label that you attach to their names.

Wakka
October 23rd, 2013, 08:13 PM
yeah i have no idea who those people are

sandbagging is nothing right now compared to what it has been in previous seasons, if silver is too hard for you then tough

Heartstrings
October 23rd, 2013, 08:14 PM
As someone who is sandbagging silver this season, I have not encountered any players or teams that belong in gold/plat aside from people who are off-classing, and those guys aren't problems.

bmlines_hl
October 23rd, 2013, 08:45 PM

lol someone is mad, the people i added were ones whose teams died, they most likely wont be playing any matches, we already have a pretty solid roster, which might be why we are 6-0, there is no point to switch around and screw with team cohesion :/

ID-MINI
October 23rd, 2013, 08:48 PM
If they are the top of the division before they add those players, i dont know what you're bitching about.

ruelel
October 23rd, 2013, 09:11 PM

you seem upset

Heartstrings
October 23rd, 2013, 09:12 PM
Alright, I'll amend my previous post. I think the reason why silver players are so upset about other teams getting plat offclassers or pickups from broken gold teams is that silver is pretty unimpressive this season to begin with. Most of the talent from last season's silver has been spread across current gold teams. The exceptions were Animal Farm and Metawe's team, which stayed together in gold. Animal Farm crashed and burned after a mediocre gold debut while Metawe's team is actually doing rather impressively.

With all of the talent from silver gone, the gap between s11's gold division and the teams that remained in silver this season is almost as large as the gap between gold and plat. The current leading silver team would struggle to beat even low gold teams. High silver this season = low/mid silver in previous seasons. So even low gold players and plat offclassers might seem like a big deal to them.

But still, it's not enough to warrant pitchforks and torches. Like I said, I'm dicking around in silver this season, and I haven't encountered anyone who's particularly problematic except for maybe Polk when he played heavy in his match against my team. Silver is very watered down this season compared to what it was like in s9. You guys don't know how lucky you are.

<<IFA>>Rickybobby
October 23rd, 2013, 09:22 PM
High silver this season = mid silver in summer season. So even low gold players and plat offclassers might seem like a big deal to them.

Summer season counts?

Heartstrings
October 23rd, 2013, 09:26 PM
Summer season counts?
I've edited my post, but I'll clarify anyway. High silver this season is roughly equal to mid silver from summer season or low silver from s9. Either way, it's weak. Weak enough to apparently be bothered by players from high divisions offclassing or fooling around.

Seriously, the only players I can think of off the top of my head who don't belong in silver are hkc's Hugh Laurie (who's offclassing) and shm's Bobby (who nobody complains about anyway).

Aquafina
October 23rd, 2013, 10:10 PM
What about Beat, who is on that admin's team SF9? That guy has come out and said that he has CHEATED in the past, and he's a very recent plat player. Ubiquitous has also played in plat. That teams roster consists of 6 or more plat players. It's one thing to have an offclassing plat player on a team, but 2/3s a roster? Come on now.

WhiteRiceBoi
October 23rd, 2013, 10:11 PM
you seem upset

Calmer than you are.

Heartstrings
October 23rd, 2013, 10:20 PM
What about Beat, who is on that admin's team SF9? That guy has come out and said that he has CHEATED in the past, and he's a very recent plat player. Ubiquitous has also played in plat. That teams roster consists of 6 or more plat players. It's one thing to have an offclassing plat player on a team, but 2/3s a roster? Come on now.

I don't see 6 plat players, and the few that I do see are not considered outstanding, game-changing players. I'd hesitate to describe Beat as a "recent" plat player and the guy doesn't cheat anymore. The team is currently 3-3.

Calmer than you are.

Get out

Aquafina
October 23rd, 2013, 10:23 PM
the guy doesn't cheat anymore.

Why is it ok that he cheated in the first place? Are you that stupid and naive to believe that these players don't cheat anymore or wouldn't if they needed to? Once a cheater, ALWAYS a cheater.

Heartstrings
October 23rd, 2013, 10:35 PM
Who even are you?

I've been around longer than someone who created a forum account just to bitch in this thread.

Why is it ok that he cheated in the first place? Are you that stupid and naive to believe that these players don't cheat anymore or wouldn't if they needed to? Once a cheater, ALWAYS a cheater.

Unwarranted insults aside, Beat is playing on a team with UGC admins. Getting away with aimbotting would be impossible if he was accused of it and the allegations were true. Cheating in his current position would be incredibly stupid.

Aquafina
October 23rd, 2013, 11:06 PM
Beat is playing on a team with UGC admins.

Why is it ok for UGC admins to associate themselves with a known cheater? And being on this team is the SMARTEST thing he could have done. What better way to cheat / sandbag then to do so on an admin's team? No one can say shit because hey, it's an admin.

Anderson
October 23rd, 2013, 11:07 PM
I've edited my post, but I'll clarify anyway. High silver this season is roughly equal to mid silver from summer season or low silver from s9. Either way, it's weak. Weak enough to apparently be bothered by players from high divisions offclassing or fooling around.

Seriously, the only players I can think of off the top of my head who don't belong in silver are hkc's Hugh Laurie (who's offclassing) and shm's Bobby (who nobody complains about anyway).

This is pretty much true. There are way more teams in High Silver that have no sandbaggers than ones that actually do. People complaining about it probably wouldn't have had a shot at playoffs either way.

Heartstrings
October 23rd, 2013, 11:51 PM
Why is it ok for UGC admins to associate themselves with a known cheater? And being on this team is the SMARTEST thing he could have done. What better way to cheat / sandbag then to do so on an admin's team? No one can say shit because hey, it's an admin.

Your idea that playing on an admin's team is the best opportunity to cheat is based entirely on a lack of faith in the UGC admins. You're not going to convince them to listen to your moaning by implying that you don't trust them. Beat's cheating accusations happened very long ago and I don't think they were even related to UGC. UGC does not need to enforce any rules if the player in question does not cheat in an official UGC match. Correct me if I'm wrong - I'm not an expert on Beat's history. But I do know that nobody who matters gave half a shit about him playing on teams like lbp. As soon as he drops down to silver, people start to dig up his past.

It's as Anderson says - the only people complaining about the state of silver are the ones who don't have a chance regardless.

I'm gonna have an aneurysm if I keep arguing about this. I'm not posting in this thread anymore.

WhiteRiceBoi
October 24th, 2013, 12:47 AM

I wouldn't look for legitimacy in a league that allows admins to play on teams anyway.

brick
October 24th, 2013, 12:57 AM
Is Aquafina the new sdogg? Anyways. Let me give ya the breakdown on StrikeForce 9 and why you sound absolutely fucking retarded. Ubi has been rostered on Platinum teams, however, this does not equate to Platinum experience or even Platinum skill. He never started for kLite back in S9, but I could see him starting back in S7 for the Gun Runners, which even then S7 Platinum is far different than the standards that were created in S9. Is Ubi good? Yes. If Ubi was able to dedicate himself to HL outside of showing up match day, the dude could play in Gold, but he can't. He can only show up on Mondays, thus meaning no Gold team is going to pick him up as a starter, the dude wants to play. So he's forced into Silver, which isn't an issue because with his team being 3-3, he obviously isn't carrying it as hard as what you people think, takes 9 individuals to win a game.

Another player on their roster, Denial, has never actually played higher than Low Gold, he was never really with kLite back in S9 and was incapable of finding a Gold team after S10. Don't know Haiku, I feel like I should, but I don't, my apologies for not knowing who you are. On to RJ, he was on tLB back in S10, Summer Season, he played in only one match, on badwater, and was destroyed by paradox. He's not a Plat Sniper, he also couldn't find a spot on a Gold team as Spy, you're making a mountain out of an ant hill. So I see 4 players who've been on Platinum rosters, two maybe three of which haven't actually played in Platinum since S7 (once again, S7 Platinum is COMPLETELY different from S9-S11 Platinum) most of the people who have that status in their history got it from being a back-up. There's literally no issue of bad sandbagging in Silver. I looked at Bm's roster, ShM's roster, Jk!'s roster and a lot of other teams rosters. I found out who their starters were and guess what. A HUGE majority of them have never played above the Silver division. HOLY FUCK?! Surprising right? There's no grand conspiracy, the Admins already moved up the one sandbagging Silver team, all the other teams in that division currently belong there. Hopefully Brilliant Minds improves their roster for next season so that they may be taken seriously then as well (improving could be their individual players getting better or making additions).

bagel_friday
October 24th, 2013, 01:19 AM
The current leading silver team would struggle to beat even low gold teams. High silver this season = low/mid silver in previous seasons. So even low gold players and plat offclassers might seem like a big deal to them.

Hey we scrimmed metawe's team a few times early in the season and were somewhat on par with them. They are admittedly a way better team than us, but we were close in skill, even beating them on Gpit. Though, it seems like we're getting worse, so they'd probably stomp us now.

I've also seen several other high silver teams scrim mid-high gold teams and not get utterly destroyed.

I wouldn't count silver to have such a skill gap.

IssGonRain
October 24th, 2013, 01:27 AM
Hey we scrimmed metawe's team a few times early in the season and were somewhat on par with them. They are admittedly a way better team than us, but we were close in skill, even beating them on Gpit. Though, it seems like we're getting worse, so they'd probably stomp us now.

I've also seen several other high silver teams scrim mid-high gold teams and not get utterly destroyed.

I wouldn't count silver to have such a skill gap.

Metawes team has actually gotten a lot better since gpit week , roster wise and because I don't think they had a solid grasp of gpit early on. They're much since then .

Aegis
October 24th, 2013, 01:38 AM
I don't think cherry-picking that 1 gpit scrim (when we had 3-4 ringers if I recall, including our combo) if a very fair call to make, skill-wise (and on gpit too, of all maps).

I think the skill gap between Gold and Silver is pretty large. Teams like BM, jk, and others could probably compete with bottom 5-6 teams in the division, but I've noticed a vast improvement from the majority of teams (ourselves included), solidifying the top of division quite well.

I personally don't think top silver teams are getting worse, it's the mid-high gold teams getting better by playing better teams.

Bowswer5
October 24th, 2013, 01:56 AM
Sorry to come out this way so suddenly (this is directed mainly at you Heart and the issue of high Silver this season), but for whatever reason I feel a little aggravated that there is a cycle of mentality that the "division below me sucks" happening every season.

I'm going to be blunt: during the Summer season the majority of Gold players I hanged around with talked of high Silver (during the Summer) being shit. Animal Farm, Metawe's team, Cloud 9: they were all terrible. There were questions of whether or not high Silver last season could even COMPETE in Gold and that the influx of Silver teams would ruin Gold division's reputation (making Gold the new Silver and Silver the new Steel). There was similar talk in Platinum that RANCH's Summer season victory proved that none of Gold was Plat-worthy.

SPOILERS: It turned out to be a load of bullshit.

I'm not going to ask the Gold/Plat people in here to think that high Silver is good, but don't tell me that all the real "talent" from Silver was gone after last season, because unfortunately nobody else thought the entirety of Silver had any "talent" last season either. I'm being provacative to get my point across.

Currently, the teams in high Silver simply have a chance to improve and become Gold-worthy during playoffs and the off-season just like how some of the Summer Silver teams have adapted to Gold. When I see teams I remember being rivals with in Silver seasons ago that are still in Silver and are being surpassed by high Silver teams, or that Blunderful has become a low-Plat team from its former mid-Plat benchmark status, there's clearly a form of progression in skill among teams in the top 3 Highlander divisions that is clearly being overlooked.

bagel_friday
October 24th, 2013, 02:24 AM
I don't think cherry-picking that 1 gpit scrim (when we had 3-4 ringers if I recall, including our combo) if a very fair call to make, skill-wise (and on gpit too, of all maps).

Ah, sorry, it was a long time a ago. It was a good match and was a great moment for me. I probably didn't notice the ringers due to the exictement. I do remeber that some of the few scrims that we had were among the best I've played in. I don't recall there ever being an absolute slaughter, but correct me if I'm wrong.

I think the skill gap between Gold and Silver is pretty large. Teams like BM, jk, and others could probably compete with bottom 5-6 teams in the division, but I've noticed a vast improvement from the majority of teams (ourselves included), solidifying the top of division quite well.

I personally don't think top silver teams are getting worse, it's the mid-high gold teams getting better by playing better teams.

I'd like to agree. Let's see what next season has in store.

tranche
October 24th, 2013, 09:46 AM
Speaking of rosters, why is bunnymonster/brands on a steel 6s team? He's played ESEA IM and he's widely known for hacking. The guy has several VAC-banned steam accounts

doppel
October 24th, 2013, 12:04 PM
There are always going to be players that you feel are better than the division they're in. Hell, I don't think it's fair that I have to play against Ruwin. Admins, Ruwin needs his own division where he is the only one in it and he always wins, k thx. Anyway, a player doesn't make a team. You can "carry" your team, but you at the very least need warm bodies. The point I'm trying to make is, if the team belonged in a higher division that'd be one thing, but if that one player isn't good enough to move the entire team up a division, then what is the complaint? People forget that you don't have to win the division you're qualified to play in, ie: RANCH. If you have a concern about a player, why not contact an admin instead of stirring up drama on the forums... sounds like you're just looking for attention. Be grateful you get to play with better players and can learn to get better.

And why would a decent player leave a higher division that he was doing good in to sandbag a lower one for a medal that obviously says a lower tier? People who play down aren't on teams and if you're not on a team you aren't anything.

WhiteRiceBoi
October 24th, 2013, 12:41 PM
Speaking of rosters, why is bunnymonster/brands on a steel 6s team? He's played ESEA IM and he's widely known for hacking. The guy has several VAC-banned steam accounts

Good point, but admins have shown they don't care about cheating so...why would that change?

WhiteRiceBoi
October 24th, 2013, 12:57 PM
I'm gonna have an aneurysm if I keep arguing about this. I'm not posting in this thread anymore.

So go roster ride the undefeated gold team right before the playoffs if you cant handle the pressure. Oh wait...you already are.

Fornaught
October 24th, 2013, 01:01 PM
Good point, but admins have shown they don't care about cheating so...why would that change?
More bullshit.

A team leader can send us a match dispute for a particular match in which they believe someone is cheating.
They can include with details on where or how someone cheated in a match.
Trust me, that will get serous attention.

We deal in match disputes, backed by evidence from credible sources.

snowblindfrog
October 24th, 2013, 01:06 PM

First of all, being an admin or being on a team with an admin grants you no special permission whatsoever. As I have said many times before, no one is above the rules...least of all an admin. If you have a problem with an admin then bring it up to with Fornaught, Blazingboy or me.

Secondly, we have nearly 7,000 players in Highlander alone. We have hundreds of roster transactions per day. There is not enough time in the day for us to be intimately aware of every transaction. If you see something that sticks out, send us an email! Just because a player is on a specific team does not mean that we gave even tacit approval.

Thirdly, if you and Aquafina have evidence of these people being hackers then send it to us. Bring me evidence that they are currently cheating in an official UGC match. We can't do jack with your anecdotal evidence.

I wouldn't look for legitimacy in a league that allows admins to play on teams anyway.

Finally and frankly I am sick and tired of people like you and Aquafina floating this false narrative that everyone on the admin staff is corrupt. As I said before, if you have a problem with someone an admin is doing then bring it up to one of the Head Admins. Posting this garbage in the forum will never accomplish anything.

There is no rule stating that Plat and Gold players are not allowed to play in Silver.

This NEWS thread has ceased to be productive. It is now closed.