Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ETF2L is considering on banning Mad Milk, Scorch Shot, Iron Bomber

the scorch shot is annoying as shit but any indirect buff to a sniper is a big dont fucking do that

Moreover it has a greater projectile speed when compared to the stock pipes, making it a direct upgrade to the default grenade launcher.
    I feel like if they're gonna consider banning stuff they should make sure they're being accurate and not misleading people about the weapons.

The Iron Bomber & the Stock both have 1216.6 HU/s projectile speed and the Iron Bomber uses a vcollision mesh that causes it to have no real difference in VPhysics drag simulation than the stock grenades.

The dumb thing is you can test the IB doesn't have a faster projectile speed easily locally with just setting up a bot in a corner and going into another corner and timing the ticks between when you fired and when the hit is registered at 1% speed in the Demo UI.

214 (Fired)/251(Hit) (IB - 37 ticks)

201(Fired)/238(Hit) (Stock - 37 ticks)
    Last edited by DarkNecrid; June 28th, 2018 at 03:50 PM. Reason: worded better

HL players use unlocks as a crutch. Why change that dynamic. Has worked for 25 seasons now

I think jarate's a lot worse than milk, actually, but both need to go. Another thing that's really frustrating as a med player is that the Jar weapons both last for 10 seconds, but healing a player doubles the speed at which it wears off, which at least adds some counterplay... except for the fact that med himself has no way of removing it faster in comp since there's no second medic. If only my demoman gets jarated I can have it off him in 5 seconds if I tank him, but if I get coated in it I'm forced out of the fight for 10 seconds, guaranteed, every time.

ETF2L is banning scorch shot because they have no good pyros in europe to abuse the other unlocks. l o l disregard etf2l for any pyro things.

If you're gonna make excuses to ban the iron bomber etf2l, do the actually kinda realistic one of "the projectile is mostly black compared to the stock pipe's, so it makes it harder to pick out at glance value and dodge or reflect".

Like oh my GOD I hate the iron bomber because of that sneaky ass projectile, but no one's talkin about that. All about hidden properties with drag that no one would give a shit about if it wasn't for some random video made by sigsegv that has way less practical implications. Shit man, the amount of drag on the projectile has less completely practical implications for play than airblast jumping off people's heads.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Alto H. Clef View Post
    I think jarate's a lot worse than milk, actually, but both need to go. Another thing that's really frustrating as a med player is that the Jar weapons both last for 10 seconds, but healing a player doubles the speed at which it wears off, which at least adds some counterplay... except for the fact that med himself has no way of removing it faster in comp since there's no second medic. If only my demoman gets jarated I can have it off him in 5 seconds if I tank him, but if I get coated in it I'm forced out of the fight for 10 seconds, guaranteed, every time.
    both wins fights, but the scout moves faster and has less of an impact than the sniper in hl which gives him more access to spam the milk in a lot of situations

when i used to play spy seriously i would pretty much always killbind if i got milked unless the 3 seconds it took the scout to kill me mattered

milk/jarate ban = good

scorch shot is not better than det unless ur planning to deal with via cliff heavies and certainly not better than shotgun/flares if ur planning to deal burst damage

iron bomber ban is a lol

stock pipe masterrace

I'm going to ask b4nny what is his opinion on these bans, and post his opinion.

I dont think he's ever used milk unless we specifically had some kind of thing we wanted to do with it on a point/map which further proves the point that milk is a crutch for mediocre scouts. Honestly people don't even use milk correctly, if you coordinate even the slightest bit and don't shoot the spy until he's milked it just makes dead ringer literally obsolete

dead ringing already obsolete twitch emote

Quote Originally Posted by Vipa View Post
    I dont think he's ever used milk
    This is why, in a highlander setting, I have a have a higher chance at beating b4nny than I have at beating rain in a 1v1...
    Last edited by Dimento; June 29th, 2018 at 08:41 PM.