Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: S23 Platinum: W4 Review, W5 Preview

Remember when I said platinum should become shorter tournaments and not full 3 month seasons? I still think that'd be a good idea to get better players involved again, especially since now we have dK essentially treading water until playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Vipa View Post
    come on bro..you're making a mountain out of nothing. You make us out to be some sort of team that picks people up under the impression that they have a guaranteed spot all season and then snake them. Under no circumstances have we ever picked up a player with the intention of benching them in playoffs without making that explicitly clear. Also the way Karl runs the team is no secret, if you show a pattern of playing selfishly or tilting to a point of detriment to the team you will get cut, simple as that. I don't think its a bad thing at all to play people for just the regular season, as an up and coming player I would have jumped on that opportunity. In fact that's exactly how you eventually get on a good team in a permanent spot, that plus the medal should be more than enough for anyone who would take a position like that.
    ...I legitimately don't think you read a single word of my post. I agree with basically everything you're saying, but that's not the point. If Karl's stream is anything to go off, this season of dK has one of the worst mumble atmospheres I've ever seen in any team in 14 seasons. What I'm getting is this: if spu had asked me to play med for the regular season and I'd get cut in playoffs for teddy, id tell him to fuck right off. I considered and basically agreed to that option with dK though. If any other team had your mumble atmosphere (which is painful to listen to, much less play in) I'd leave that team immediately because I don't think a virtual medal is worth enduring that much hostility. I think it's ridiculous that this shit no other team would be able to get close to doing is sliding just because it's dK and the lure of the medal is apparently more important than certain players' self-esteem. If they want to make that choice then all the power to them, but it's pretty fucking ridiculous that the winningest team in hl is behaving like this. If odb and co didn't agree to play at the end of the season, or ugc had roster hijack rules like etf2l this team wouldn't even be alive.

I don't think players would tolerate the 'dK experience' on any other team nor would they agree to play. Karl has so many options in making this team and he's embarrassing the shit out of himself. I don't think I'm being super clear with what I'm trying to say, so I'll tldr this - dK doesn't deserve to be alive right now and Karl's access to the best players in the game is allowing him to flagrantly disregard proper human conduct. It may not be my war to wage but these are my articles and I feel strongly enough on this to bring it up in public, so here we are.

don't axe a dispenser

Alto is actually 100% right.

Quote Originally Posted by brick View Post
    Alto is actually 100% right.
    Brick agreeing with someone, what...
    aeiou

Additionally, I think it's only right to apologize to the other players of dK that I somewhat misguidedly attacked in the article; I tend to space out while writing these and just let the words flow and I didn't have my position 100% thought out yet other than vague feelings of negativity towards dK. While in my ideal world players would have left already, it's not fair to lump in the bystanders and victims with the perpetrator since that's unprofessional at best and victim blaming at worst. My bad on that, @vipa/mustard.

i have no ass i wihs i jusst had a ass

i'm honestly just happy about how many twitch clips are coming out of swiftwater week

thank u to 2w and .5 and dk and percy and gabe holy cow

Quote Originally Posted by Wall View Post
    i'm honestly just happy about how many twitch clips are coming out of swiftwater week

thank u to 2w and .5 and dk and percy and gabe holy cow
    https://go.twitch.tv/videos/180150261

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Watterson View Post
    oh my god I saw this yessss this too

karl deleted the vod but this clip perfectly exemplifies his behavior https://go.twitch.tv/videos/1801683623

Honestly i became ok with everything thats transpired once cuphead came out lol
    â™*

Quote Originally Posted by _shotaway View Post
    karl deleted the vod but this clip perfectly exemplifies his behavior https://go.twitch.tv/videos/1801683623
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dcd1RcDtOkI this is the only video you need to see

also make sure to play two at a time to maximize the power

im sniping for dpm this week btw