Thread: a GOLDEN question

no, it will never happen, stop asking

I will be the last gold champion it will never come back

lmfao if you want a gold badge just play 4s. It's just that easy...

Do you realize that the teams that would potentially move down from plat would be the same teams you would play in low platinum? Are you that afraid of playing maybe 2 games all season that you might not be able to compete in?

Why is this even a discussion?

How do I press snooze until the season starts?

you should read this
    Quote Originally Posted by Comanglia View Post
    S9
    1st Top Gluttons TG - folded (reformed S11 in platinum)
    2nd Literally Borderline Platinum lbp - folded
    3rd The Last Bosses tLB - 7th out of 12 S10 Platinum played S11 platinum as well

S10 (summer season no playoffs)
    1st Self-Sustaining Mexican Cat Ranch - 10 / 12 teams that played full season in S11 platinum
    2nd Joint Fighter Wing - Folded
    3rd Nine In A Million - 6th in Gold S11

S11
    1st Dunning-Kruger Effect - Still alive and going in Platinum
    2nd Cranked Gaming - Folded (shouldn't have been in gold in the first place though had 6 main and 3 IM players never scrimmed, constantly changing classes and still got 2nd)
    3rd Seven Years Dungeon! - Folded

S12
    1st Pregame Tryhards - 7th out of 15 in S13 Platinum
    2nd Kids Next Door - Mid platinum S13, multiple high platinum seasons until S20
    3rd Scifi Channel Originals - Folded week 5 in S13 Platinum (alot of them moved on to KND though)

S13
    1st Toilet Goers - Top Gluttons V3 folded
    2nd Getting Technical - Folded
    3rd Chill Penguins - Still alive and going typically round mid platinum S14 onward

S14
    1st '92 DREAM TEAM - Played S15/17/18 in platinum
    2nd Muma and the Moomoos - Folded
    3rd Independent Fighters Alliance - Last place in S15 Platinum went back to gold for S16/17/18

S15
    1st Squirtle Squad - folded
    2nd John Madden - folded
    3rd Dream Killers - folded several players from this team and the 2nd place team merged with members from the 4th place team to play S16 Platinum 5th of 9

S16
    1st Pepe Peddlers - Folded returned to gold in S18
    2nd bonus! Points - Folded
    3rd Wong, Corwin - Age 19 - Folded after 4 losses in Platinum S17

S17
    1st Voltage Gaming - Became EVL gaming Low-Platinum S18/19
    2nd in memory of bff-forever - Gold 1st Place S18 (dies in platinum S19 after 3 matches they won...)
    3rd Pay 2 Win - Folded

S18
    1st glider and the -_-'s - 2nd place Gold S17 folded S19 in platinum after 3 matches
    2nd Social Justice Warriors - Folded
    Title Revoked - Quail Noises - Won Gold had a cheating sniper - Folded

S19
    1st Easy Money HL - Folded
    2nd Roadkill! - Folded cameback S22 platinum (lot of players recycled to Gold for S20 and got 4th)
    3rd Order of the EZIC Star - Folded

S20 - Last season of Gold
    1st Slammin JAMMERS
    2nd Dedoris
    3rd AyyLmao

All 3 of those teams played platinum next season after Gold was removed, though I clearly remember Alto threatening to fold if his team (Dedoris) got moved up.

Gold hasn't exactly had a good track record of being a stepping stone into platinum (at least for teams) with only 6 of the 32 top 3 teams from pre S20 Gold playing more than 1 season in Platinum (after playing gold technically Bonus! and RANCH played multiple seasons of Platinum before Gold even existed) 13/32 teams played Platinum at some point after gold not counting S20 (3 of which folded early in the only season of platinum they were in). It would be a lot more accurate if specific players were being tracked but I'd rather not go through that much trouble.

S15/16/17/18/19 Saw 4 teams go from Gold to Platinum 2 of which died after 3 or 4 matches. (I'm being generous with counting Silver Savages here)

S9/10/11/12/13/14 Saw 10 teams go from Gold to Platinum 1 of which died after 4 matches. (This does have 1 extra season but still the move up rate was much better for early gold)

Gold died cause teams/players didn't want to move up anymore. Same will happen to Silver if teams still pussy out.

man i remember s15 gold that was sick

Quote Originally Posted by SpongeBobCalculator View Post
    man i remember s15 gold that was sick
    up until a bunch of madden players were getting ddosed in the finals and they had to re-play the match with no cast and everyone set to offline

i just wanted to see what people would say (yes or no)

Quote Originally Posted by crab_f View Post
    up until a bunch of madden players were getting ddosed in the finals and they had to re-play the match with no cast and everyone set to offline
    i was 1 of them