Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Silver Teams Scared of Going Low Plat

Do not underestimate TroLL Pumpkiin eSports shotaway...

Also to tacos I'm still going to make fun of players like u refusing to move up lol

there's like 50 players lft. s19 mcm was made entirely out of LFT forum posts and didn't turn out too awful. we didn't stick together for the next season and it showed but the lesson here is that it can be done (if you're looking to move to plat and can't find a team).
    Last edited by bunnybunny; August 24th, 2017 at 02:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bunnybunny View Post
    there's like 50 players lft. s19 mcm was made entirely out of LFT forum posts and didn't turn out too awful. we didn't stick together for the next season and it showed but the lesson here is that it can be done (if you're looking to move to plat and can't find a team).
    That goes back to one of the points that wax made, people arent taking the chance to make a team with just lft players. Its because people either want to play on an established team or they dont have the time to lead a team.
    Ushio = Best Waifu.

if anyone reading this is on the fence, do it. it sucks at times but you won't regret the experience nor the friends you pick up building that team

s19 bote was made by looking at the LFT threads/spreadsheet & asking previous team leaders who they thought the best players from each team were that no longer existed. The only person on that team that I even knew slightly was Spades. Hell, I even cucked Feint for fucking vipa.... I FUCKING CUCKED FEINT FOR VIPA... Smh... But I had never seen fuzion, penguin/mason, spring rolls, rj, rogue, vipa or boar play HL. I never played against them. I didn't even play S17 or S18. The team was made by me just looking for the top players from previous teams that no longer existed & asking them to tryout. To my luck most of them were already friends from previous seasons so it was a lot easier to convince them, but you'd be surprised how easy it is to lead a team. You don't even need to schedule scrims, just find 3-4 team leaders, get a weekly & scrim at that time & day every single week. The only thing that's hard about leading is getting your players to show up to scrims on time / finding ringers when they can't, which you have teammates to help look for you. The whole "no time to lead" is bullshit, if you don't have time to lead, you absolutely don't have time to be playing, instead you just don't want to, let's not call bullshit for something it's not.

BANNED

TLDR: silver players are babies and only 2-3 of them have non troglodyte mentalities, and through the distortion of their retarded views have no idea why versed platinum players (I am not in this group) give them endless shit

Ninja edit: I meant I am not a versed plat player although I do give silver players a ton of shit

I'll give you another TLDR. Playing in plat does not require any more of a commitment, time or otherwise, than playing in silver. it's been said already in here but most teams scrim the same or less days

Quote Originally Posted by Comanglia View Post
    S12
    1st Pregame Tryhards - 7th out of 15 in S13 Platinum
    2nd Scifi Channel Originals - Folded week 5 in S13 Platinum (alot of them moved on to KND though)
    3rd SomalianSpiritSquad - Folded
    Somalian Spririt Squad died during that season. jk! came in 4th, syfy came in 3rd, knd came in 2nd.

same conclusion that always happens is, people dont have the right mentality to improve and move up so they wimp out and stay in whatever low-mid divs they have always been in

Quote Originally Posted by brick View Post
    The only thing that's hard about leading is getting your players to show up to scrims on time / finding ringers when they can't, which you have teammates to help look for you. The whole "no time to lead" is bullshit, if you don't have time to lead, you absolutely don't have time to be playing, instead you just don't want to, let's not call bullshit for something it's not.
    this

metawe just wanted to be a noob in silver and play the demoman

for all the non plat players trying to get into plat it's pretty hard even if you make a name for yourself in a lower div only cause there will always be players who are "safer" picks (unless u play like demo or some shit that's always needed). for example i didn't really get that much better (i don't think maybe i did cant remember) from s16-s18 but only got picked up into plat on a serious team after s18 cause i played in the same div as people who were willing to work on building a team and thus knew who i was . it would be infinitely easier to make a team yourself and improve from there, and as brick said leading is really not that hard at all, instead of relying on other dedicated players who know you

edit: if ur bad tho and try to make a plat team to carry you ur gonna get called out so just be aware of that and don't be bad

BANNED

Silver is also a wasteland of retards trying to cheese their way into a win before trying to play the match, the team that ended up winning had a leader that denied ringers, refused to reschedule, tactically paused in matches, and had to cry to admins so he would be awarded first by default. Just lol @ that entire division.

whats up gus
    Last edited by cas; August 24th, 2017 at 07:46 PM.
    cascascascascascascas

Quote Originally Posted by Gus View Post
    Silver is also a wasteland of retards trying to cheese their way into a win before trying to play the match, the team that ended up winning had a leader that denied ringers, refused to reschedule, tactically paused in matches, and had to cry to admins so he would be awarded first by default. Just lol @ that entire division.
    and also the other team had a cheater but he got outfragged by his counterpart iirc lol

Quote Originally Posted by Etney View Post
    knd isn't scrimming this season, people have other commitments. Everyone can stop bitching about dK just stomping every team after this season anyways, as both the knd members and dK will most likely be done for good. There's no competition in this league anymore and it's gotten stale and boring, this is kind of a last hoorah of a season. Let the shitties stay in silver, then they came move up next season when any possible competition is gone. Or they'll find some other excuse to stay in silver forever.

>> and Jabib basically only scrimmed eachother all weekend, but that was 100% by choice. I tried to get a scrim with >> many times for the weekend, but trying to schedule anything with wax is like talking to a brick wall and basically impossible.
    It wasn't really by choice. Scrim schedules were so fucked mid season to the point where if either of us canceled a single time on each other one of us would lose out on a scrim time slot entirely. We didn't try and find newer scrims or anything because neither of us wanted to fuck each other out of scrim times. When teams like jabib and >> last season both scrimming the entire weekend and teams like yours that did Sunday Monday only it made it pretty difficult to make proper scrim schedules because neither of us had other teams to scrim on Saturdays. Im not necessarily saying fuck you because you didn't scrim Saturdays, but it made it a lot harder considering a lot of the teams we both scrimmed through the season (appel, that racist kris18 team etc) died. After that we just scrimmed more and more because other than scrimming you guys it was the best option for both of us.

Later in the season teams like roadkill stepped up and were better to scrim at points where we could fit them in but there's no sense in scrimming teams like 2w or ngc when we could scrim >> for a much more even scrim environment.
    aeiou