Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Silver Teams Scared of Going Low Plat

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Silver Teams Scared of Going Low Plat

when my team for s23 got put into plat they basically all quit so im just gonna remake it in low plat because i aint leaving. but this is obv happening to more than just us and what im seeing is that these high silver teams getting put into plat are complaining and eventually dying. admittedly i was initially opposed to it due to not knowing if the team would stick together and it obviously didnt. but now its like would you rather roll silver for free or learn from the losses in plat to get better. all these silver teams that get moved up have to grow some balls and not instantly die. try to get competition and learn from the L's please. can someone explain why these people dont want to get better because this makes no sense to me

its easier to stagnate in silver and convince urself that ur good than to actually try and get good

dont they understand that they aren't getting better though?

there really isn't a whole lot of motivation for the top of silver to move up into plat when they can just die join other teams and keep placing in silver until their entire backpack is full of silver 3rd place medals.

it's more fun for most people to win than to get decimated in plat

Quote Originally Posted by �Bowlofmayo� View Post
    dont they understand that they aren't getting better though?
    getting better doesn't matter as much when you have the aforementioned backpack flooded with placement medals
    Pyro Mains :/

isnt the point of the first couple seasons of plat used to learn and get better though? i dont understand how they should be scared there is other mid-low plat teams especially this season

Quote Originally Posted by June View Post
    there really isn't a whole lot of motivation for the top of silver to move up into plat when they can just die join other teams and keep placing in silver until their entire backpack is full of silver 3rd place medals.

it's more fun for most people to win than to get decimated in plat

getting better doesn't matter as much when you have the aforementioned backpack flooded with placement medals

pretty much this. To put things in perspective, iBN last season did not win a single round in plat, yet were able to beat the top silver teams from this past season. The skill and effort by the teams in plat vs silver has created a huge skill gap that is honestly making it hard for people who want to actually play in plat, or allow people to move up normally.

but teams not wanting to move up to plat have been a thing for a long time. If I recall correctly, in season 20 (or was it 18?) the top gold teams banded together and threated to all die and reform again in gold if they were moved up to plat.
    \o/ Praise Exaflamer \o/

The answer is simple let's kill dk

Quote Originally Posted by Arzt. Hispanian View Post
    just because we got 1st place the last 5 seasons does not mean we stop teams from trying to topple us, hell we dont even scrim, we would get fucking ravaged if the past couple dk teams with no scrims played s12, less players = less competition = less skill. stop complaining about a no scrim team even if you just are meming.

not until my backpack is full of shiny first place medals..

Just don't be a bitch, most of the low plat teams really aren't much better than top silver teams. If you're confident your team will do well in silver you are ready for low plat.

Quote Originally Posted by Spu~ View Post
    Just don't be a bitch, most of the low plat teams really aren't much better than top silver teams. If you're confident your team will do well in silver you are ready for low plat.
    dK is good only because we put our all in when we joined plat, hence everyone improved. reaching the top and improving wityh a team of friends is so much fun, I wish people still did that so the current dK would have to try to win over and over, rather than just coast. Trying with friends and losing > wining. maybe that mentality being lost is why hl has died off so hard. we won gold and then went to the pit of mid-low plat but we tried and were able to compete with the very top of tf2, we lost to mts who had harb med and platinum demo 3-4 on coalplant, we only lost to murderforce9000 week 8 because couches dropped 4 times in the defense overtime half of swiftwater LOL. if you put in the effort and enjoy tf2 you can win. simple as that.

So I'm going to talk from the perspective of one of these teams that doesn't want to move up. 6 out of our 9 either DO NOT have the time to properly dedicate towards s23, or do not have enough experience to carry their own weight (as well as this season would be a "chill season" for us since school workloads and work hours can heavily impact our players availability), and would be A HUGE waste of time for the 18 players in server on match day. This, and being moved up without any notice from staff really did rub me the wrong way. We did seek help from the staff and talking with Craybuff in the support discord about it did help shine some light on why we got moved (both good and bad reasons) and didn't really present our roster with any alternatives to stay put and not die, as unfortunate as that is I can understand why the urgency for getting more teams in, but my roster isn't fit for this. If we do play in platinum it would be for the sake of the league having +1 team in plat but we wouldn't learn anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Witness View Post
    So I'm going to talk from the perspective of one of these teams that doesn't want to move up. 6 out of our 9 either DO NOT have the time to properly dedicate towards s23, or do not have enough experience to carry their own weight (as well as this season would be a "chill season" for us since school workloads and work hours can heavily impact our players availability), and would be A HUGE waste of time for the 18 players in server on match day. This, and being moved up without any notice from staff really did rub me the wrong way. We did seek help from the staff and talking with Craybuff in the support discord about it did help shine some light on why we got moved (both good and bad reasons) and didn't really present our roster with any alternatives to stay put and not die, as unfortunate as that is I can understand why the urgency for getting more teams in, but my roster isn't fit for this. If we do play in platinum it would be for the sake of the league having +1 team in plat but we wouldn't learn anything.
    Jerrrrr: did your team feel confident they could place in silver?
    smokee: yes very
    smokee: i think that's why

smokee: we have scrims 4 days a week
    smokee: which is more than most teams

:thinking:

Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    its not as hard as people pretend to practice dm and become good at tf2, its actually not that hard of a game, just put in effort for one or two seasons and you can come close to me, and all of dK
    its kinda been discussed ad nauseum that there's little to reason to scrim and get better than dK when you're a lot better off just joining dk rather than waiting for a team of 9 high-plat players to rise and stick together without either joining dk (or knd in seasons past) or one of them getting bored and quitting the game

there's not enough of a playerbase or incentive to put in the effort to beat the people who did it when there was playerbase/incentive or just waited until everyone better than them quit (lookin@u spades slick)

AD at the end of last season could have made plat playoffs we where beating every team under 2w and contested well with Bv at some point during the season high silver isn't different at all from low-mid plat
    pretty sure you guys got memed by 9am

Quote Originally Posted by Witness View Post
    So you guys wanted to place in silver without much effort. Note that you guys can literally play 95% of the seasons the same teams you were going to (especially if the other silver move ups stay in plat) since you decide who you scrim, which is the majority of your seasons gameplay.

Being in plat just means you get the opportunity to be able to scrim and play higher level teams but you don't have to for the most part other than 1 hour matches against maybe 2 teams that are way better than you. The rest of the games should be around your level.