Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Region Wars General Thread

Almost on the verge of mad that equals Lunean being forced into plat.

Captains were asked for feedback regarding the idea of adding experimental maps into the pool, and I received nearly universal approval/agreement. UGC admins gave me three maps, which were placed to ensure all would receive playtime but none of them would be a map solely responsible for a team winning or losing. No captains, as well as two or three users who have been working with me on various aspects of the tournament, objected to the proposed schedule that was sent to them.

vigil > shitblitz

I demand canal_zone then

It's a one day "for fun" tournament that ultimately means very little, it'd be a shame to waste it playing product and upward like most teams are already doing in preseason - that sounds tremendously boring.

where is ramjam?

ramjam is a legitimately fun map

Real talk. I enjoy ramjam more than product.
    im going to do everything in my power to terminate your team from any chance of winning ever again. im going to get so deep in your heads that you can never play together functionally. every play you make will be a squabbling failure. learn to do things by the book, or find a book you understand, bud.

keep your stick on the ice, you filthy casuals.

Ramjam is not nearly as fun as any of the koth maps in the current rotation. Ashville, product, and lakeside have and will always be better than ramjam. The only koth map I've played its better than is warmtic.

Quote Originally Posted by bunnybunny View Post
    ramjam is a legitimately fun map
    Quote Originally Posted by NotACleverMan View Post
    Real talk. I enjoy ramjam more than product.
    'x map is good because my class is good on it'
    ramjam literally takes the worst aspects of lakeside and ashville and combines them
    the map is absolutely fucking massive, rotations take eons, there's a bunch of really narrow/cheesy sniper sightlines and there's literally no way to control flank on that map yet sniper's better than it is on ashville

Quote Originally Posted by Spu~ View Post
    Ramjam is not nearly as fun as any of the koth maps in the current rotation. Ashville, product, and lakeside have and will always be better than ramjam. The only koth map I've played its better than is warmtic.
    warmtic actually played a lot better than I thought it would back in s17 but the mapmaker isn't open to changing the map because us na simpletons just aren't as intelligent as euros are

I said fun, not good
    Last edited by bunnybunny; April 20th, 2017 at 06:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Alto H. Clef View Post
    warmtic actually played a lot better than I thought it would back in s17 but the mapmaker isn't open to changing the map because us na simpletons just aren't as intelligent as euros are
    i played warmtic is s17 as well and at the time i thought it was kinda fun, and had potential. then i played a few plat pugs on it and realized how aids it is vs good snipers

Is the map pool for this tournament out?

If I recall the mapmaker of warmtic told me if he removed the ladder thing that leads to the top of the shack it would make sniper "too weak" on the map.

Quote Originally Posted by Exaflamer View Post
    Is the map pool for this tournament out?
    Hopefully we'll have the Challonge out soon, but:

Product, Upward, Highpass, Borneo, Lakeside, Barnblitz, Steel, Millstone