Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Region Wars General Thread

If this is suppose to be a fun cup why is steel a map choice and where is canalzone?

Checkmate, atheists.

Just because we're on the topic of maps here, if we have to play product, can someone remove the fence behind rock that snipers stand on and then we can play that? It would make the map at least slightly better. I know there was a discussion of tftv about this and it didn't go through because scouts in sixes like to jump on and off that fence, but we don't have the same white list for hl and sixes, so I don't see why we have to play the same map versions.

And speaking of, everyone I know own preferred the old swiftwater to the new one, why can't we play the old one? Ugc isn't an official league so why do if have to play the official version of the map if the old one is better?

socal lf demo

add wax or me

Quote Originally Posted by Niko Jims View Post
    If this is suppose to be a fun cup why is steel a map choice and where is canalzone?

Checkmate, atheists.
    i think its because steel is a fun map

Quote Originally Posted by crab_f View Post
    i think its because steel is a fun map
    You play one of the four classes that enjoy that map

Quote Originally Posted by Spu~ View Post
    If the average IQ of ugc players was more than 40 people would enjoy the map a lot more.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldster View Post
    If the average IQ of ugc players was more than 40 people would enjoy the map a lot more.
    There are very few teams with an average IQ of 90+ when it comes to steel, which makes a lot of classes play like shit on steel

Quote Originally Posted by Billysaurus View Post
    Just because we're on the topic of maps here, if we have to play product, can someone remove the fence behind rock that snipers stand on and then we can play that? It would make the map at least slightly better. I know there was a discussion of tftv about this and it didn't go through because scouts in sixes like to jump on and off that fence, but we don't have the same white list for hl and sixes, so I don't see why we have to play the same map versions.

And speaking of, everyone I know own preferred the old swiftwater to the new one, why can't we play the old one? Ugc isn't an official league so why do if have to play the official version of the map if the old one is better?
    You can actually play other versions of the map right now during the season/playoffs/Grand finals etc you just need both teams to agree to what version in match comms if not then the default version will be played

Quote Originally Posted by Billysaurus View Post
    ????????????????????????????????
    -you can actually push 2nd
    -sightlines reduced on 3rd so that blu can have some degree of freedom in rotating and get into IT from spiral without needing to loop all the way around
    -track distance reduced on 4th, red spawn time increased, healthpacks moved to making pushing easier and the bastard roof pipe on the house was removed, also the windows by shutter at last were blocked off

I can see why the changes to last were something of a negative, especially that weird little fence they added on offense's left side, but overall almost all of the changes made to the map helped to address key issues that made the map frustrating. The only people I personally know that prefer the old version are sniper mains, and that's kind of the point.

I mean, if you were a fan of 15+ minute cap times and old-badwater-3rd-esque "ram your into head into this choke over and over and hope that they break before your skull does" then I guess you're entitled to that opinion, but outside of a few changes to last it's difficult for me to see why the official swiftwater isn't an objective upgrade in terms of good map design.

Quote Originally Posted by Arzt. Hispanian View Post
    You can actually play other versions of the map right now during the season/playoffs/Grand finals etc you just need both teams to agree to what version in match comms if not then the default version will be played
    This is a negative. We require teams to play the version of the map that is listed on the schedule page, unless said otherwise in the weekly map instructions.

We only allow teams to hash out what version of a map to play when there's been an update to that map during the live season. Teams may agree in Match Comms to play the updated version or default to the version on the schedule page if there's no agreement.
    UGC Head Admin

swiftwater_ugc is too biased to defense. The second and fourth point of the new "official" edition is much better and overall gives the map a more balanced feel. The only people that prefer the UGC version are the people on teams that have no problem pushing and are use to nobody being able to touch them on 4th.

Quote Originally Posted by Spu~ View Post
    none of the other classes matter so it checks out

Quote Originally Posted by Coldster View Post
    You are forgetting that these are pug teams and that only 1 actual team can actually play Steel at the moment.

Also I have been cucked, Spamfest is playing Engineer for South.

steel is actually fun for every class if u play it right

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast