Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: S22 Steel Placement Medals

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

Quote Originally Posted by NineTailed View Post
    I heard no placement medals because 1. Valve asked to cut back on individual items that UGC adds to the game and 2. To deter sandbaggers. But my team and I were promised a Steel placement medal for the 22nd season of 6's ("Placement and participation medals will be awarded to all three divisions for Season 22." - http://www.ugcleague.com/home_tf26_n...?newsitem=3401) and we waited all these months for it and I find it outrageous that we don't get it. That was literally half the hype for season 22 for us and it's just a lie. I don't really care that it's "only steel" I want my 1st place steel medal that I was promised. So valve asked you guys to cut back on individual items and instead of doing it next season, you guys just take a dump on the entry level players? Way to prove to everyone that UGC is just a meme.
    Why do you feel entitled to your shitty steel medal lmao. The steel badge is so worthless that you should feel bad about even complaining about this. There are like 300 of you. It's like giving 4 year olds participation trophies in soccer even though they can barely even run correctly.

no u are stupider lol
    hey come on, let's talk this over like adults.

I heard no placement medals because 1. Valve asked to cut back on individual items that UGC adds to the game and 2. To deter sandbaggers. But my team and I were promised a Steel placement medal for the 22nd season of 6's ("Placement and participation medals will be awarded to all three divisions for Season 22." - http://www.ugcleague.com/home_tf26_n...?newsitem=3401) and we waited all these months for it and I find it outrageous that we don't get it. That was literally half the hype for season 22 for us and it's just a lie. I don't really care that it's "only steel" I want my 1st place steel medal that I was promised. So valve asked you guys to cut back on individual items and instead of doing it next season, you guys just take a dump on the entry level players? Way to prove to everyone that UGC is just a meme.
    i think it sucks but ur also in steel and this is a hl league u shouldent expect placement medals since its literally the lowest div

Quote Originally Posted by brick View Post
    Except UGC is based in the US and in a court of law you'd adhere to US laws. Then on top of that you're still not fucking entitled to anything from UGC and anybody with a brain will tell you that. It is not an entitlement it is a privilege, period. No matter how much they promise you, you are still entitled to nothing from them. And no, that isn't "by my logic" it's literally a "if you're so hell bent on this being a fringement of entitlement then take them to court, it'd be an easy case to prove! But since it's not, you'll just end up in court fees!" Which was actually my point. And you know what. I can't do this anymore. It's not just this generation of self-entitled pieces of trash, it's the fact that they think they're always right, even when everyone says they're wrong.

This will be totally worth it. You're an idiot.
    Hey man that's a little bit extreme. The post did say that he would be getting the medal; and he did win steel didn't he? Why, then, should he sit here and not get his reward? Have you ever been on his end of this dilemma? It sucks, man. One could say, "It's just a medal," but its actually so much more than that. Instead of escalating this whole thing by throwing verbal attacks, you could simply point out that for now he will not be receiving the medal and there is not much he can do about that. HOWEVER, by making this thread, he is doing whatever is in his power to get what he deserves. I have been talking to a few people for the past few minutes and we are all in agreement that he should receive a medal. It would really suck for him to not get a medal, plus it doesn't take much effort to just give out the medal. I think one could argue that, from a moral perspective, the ethical decision is to give him a medal. It really boils down to your viewpoint on the supernatural. If there is no god, then the "ethical" choice for any individual is that which benefits that individual the most. It is entirely irrational for an individual to act against one's best interest in the absence of a higher power (which, moreover, only transforms one's best interests). However, morality's sole purpose, from a strictly biological perspective, is to act as an internal behavior regulator to switch up. Here is a play by play of what I do. First, I use scuttlebug transportation to move a scuttlebug to the corner of the Watch for Rolling Rocks platform. Then, I use scuttlebug raising to raise him to about the height of the platform. Next, I use hyper speed walking to generate massive speed. Finally, I use PU movement to navigate to the top of the course, launch to the scuttlebug to bounce on him, and ground pound in the misalignment of the platform to get onto it. And from there, I collect the star. So, you can see from this argument that UGC really should give him his god damn steel first place medal.
    Last edited by _shotaway; April 3rd, 2017 at 03:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pomf View Post
    Why do you feel entitled to your shitty steel medal lmao. The steel badge is so worthless that you should feel bad about even complaining about this. There are like 300 of you. It's like giving 4 year olds participation trophies in soccer even though they can barely even run correctly.
    I am entitled to it because I met the requirements for it and it was offered. I don't care about what you think its worth, doesn't change the fact that I deserve it. 300 S22 Steel 6's winners? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by questlcoatl View Post
    i think it sucks but ur also in steel and this is a hl league u shouldent expect placement medals since its literally the lowest div
    No, the only reason I shouldn't expect a placement medal is if they didn't say that there would be one for Steel 6's for S22

I am entitled to it because I met the requirements for it and it was offered. I don't care about what you think its worth, doesn't change the fact that I deserve it. 300 S22 Steel 6's winners? LOL
    true that brother

Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla Love View Post
    true that brother
    i agree with vanilla love

No, the only reason I shouldn't expect a placement medal is if they didn't say that there would be one for Steel 6's for S22
    my man steel hasent had placement medals since s16 if u were expecting them its on u

Quote Originally Posted by questlcoatl View Post
    my man steel hasent had placement medals since s16 if u were expecting them its on u
    my man, "Placement and participation medals will be awarded to all three divisions for Season 22." - http://www.ugcleague.com/home_tf26_n...?newsitem=3401

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast