Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
Results 196 to 208 of 208

Thread: S22 Steel Placement Medals

  1. #196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NineTailed View Post
    I admitted in the eyes of the law, I don't, but from a personal, moral perspective, my argument is completely valid.
    That's not an argument, that's a subjective belief. An opinion. You believe that. That's fine. Lots of people believe lots of things that aren't true or are of dubious certainty at best. Contrary to your belief, I've come to care greatly about this thread and you making as big a fool of yourself as possible. My view has changed from indifference to vested interest, just like yours has changed from having an objective right and entitlement to a medal to defending your own morals.

  2. #197

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Alto H. Clef View Post
    That's not an argument, that's a subjective belief. An opinion. You believe that. That's fine. Lots of people believe lots of things that aren't true or are of dubious certainty at best. Contrary to your belief, I've come to care greatly about this thread and you making as big a fool of yourself as possible. My view has changed from indifference to vested interest, just like yours has changed from having an objective right and entitlement to a medal to defending your own morals.
    No, don't try and stoop me to your level, I never changed anything in my argument. And moral, right and wrong, it's all subjective, obviously. "Lots of people believe lots of things that aren't true or are of dubious certainty at best" Look at how you try to lower my credibility, grouping me with "people that believe lots of things that aren't true", pathetic, no actual counter argument, just basically calling me a conspiracy theorist. "Contrary to your belief, I've come to care greatly about this thread" Why?

  3. #198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NineTailed View Post
    No, don't try and stoop me to your level, I never changed anything in my argument. And moral, right and wrong, it's all subjective, obviously. "Lots of people believe lots of things that aren't true or are of dubious certainty at best" Look at how you try to lower my credibility, grouping me with "people that believe lots of things that aren't true", pathetic, no actual counter argument, just basically calling me a conspiracy theorist. "Contrary to your belief, I've come to care greatly about this thread" Why?
    You admitted your only argument was from a subjective, moral point of view and you're saying I don't have a counter argument? How do I counter your opinion? There's no purpose in attempting to over turn the subjective. If you insist on arguing fact with opinion then you're just looking for attention and sympathy.

    People that try to argue facts (or at least, heavily-established and scientifically backed facts) with subjective, personal experiences and opinions are indeed known as conspiracy theorists. People trying to argue the earth is flat by taking a picture of the horizon with their cell phone camera don't have any credibility in comparison to the massive body of knowledge that says otherwise.

    If doppel had noticed his mistake (which was what him saying all divs were getting placements medals was) and said steel was only getting participant medals, you wouldn't be here and you wouldn't be arguing it. The fact that you're being overly pedantic and refusing to let go of his mistake lowers your credibility even further.

    Also, in UGC's eyes, objectively, you are wrong. UGC doesn't care that you feel slighted or betrayed, and that's as far as the argument goes.

    Quote Originally Posted by NineTailed View Post
    I admitted in the eyes of the law, I don't [have an argument]
    This was the end.

  4. #199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Alto H. Clef View Post
    You admitted your only argument was from a subjective, moral point of view and you're saying I don't have a counter argument? How do I counter your opinion? There's no purpose in attempting to over turn the subjective. If you insist on arguing fact with opinion then you're just looking for attention and sympathy.

    People that try to argue facts (or at least, heavily-established and scientifically backed facts) with subjective, personal experiences and opinions are indeed known as conspiracy theorists. People trying to argue the earth is flat by taking a picture of the horizon with their cell phone camera don't have any credibility in comparison to the massive body of knowledge that says otherwise.

    If doppel had noticed his mistake (which was what him saying all divs were getting placements medals was) and said steel was only getting participant medals, you wouldn't be here and you wouldn't be arguing it. The fact that you're being overly pedantic and refusing to let go of his mistake lowers your credibility even further.

    Also, in UGC's eyes, objectively, you are wrong. UGC doesn't care that you feel slighted or betrayed, and that's as far as the argument goes.



    This was the end.
    Because something is subjective doesn't make it "un-counterable". "There's no purpose in attempting to over turn the subjective." and yet you've been here for 6 hours, trying to. "arguing fact with opinion" What fact have you stated? You've only stated your own opinions, and there you go again, trying to solidify your word as "fact" and mine as a "subjective opinion" by saying "arguing fact with opinion". You think saying "stop punching the wall" makes your argument a wall? Your argument was never factual, it was just as subjective as my own, not a wall, just another fist.

    "People trying to argue the earth is flat by taking a picture of the horizon with their cell phone camera don't have any credibility in comparison to the massive body of knowledge that says otherwise." - so I guess the fact that I have proof that they were supposed to give out placement medals for steel is somehow incorrect?

    "If doppel had noticed his mistake (which was what him saying all divs were getting placements medals was) and said steel was only getting participant medals, you wouldn't be here and you wouldn't be arguing it." - We have already been over this, it wasn't a mistake and you still insist that it was, http://imgur.com/a/N9eB2 - This picture shows that 1. Fluttercreep was expecting the steel medal too, and 2. Neither of the 2 reasons given were because "It was an accident, steel wasn't supposed to get placement medals."

    "Also, in UGC's eyes, objectively, you are wrong. UGC doesn't care that you feel slighted or betrayed, and that's as far as the argument goes." UGC does care and should because if this happened to everyone, it would defeat the entire premise of UGC because no one would play it anymore. And I'm not saying "if everyone was in my exact situation" but what I am saying is, "if everyone else was cheated out of something by UGC", they wouldn't support it anymore. And by support, I mean play, because playing UGC is a form of support.

    You still never answered on why you became so vested in this argument but since you're done, let me speculate. You really were upset when I made that comment earlier, you wanted to make yourself feel superior with your original comment by saying "win a real division and maybe you'll get a real placement medal" and then I countered that and you got upset because someone you thought was below you, decided to challenge your authority. Lose the ego and you wouldn't have to "interact with me" in the first place.

  5. #200

    Default

    steel players are fucking relentless ho;ly fjukc

  6. #201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dusk View Post
    steel players are fucking relentless ho;ly fjukc
    wheres ur 1st place asia medal bitch

  7. #202

    Default

    Don't say I didn't fucking tell you exactly what you would get out of this thread
    â™ 

  8. #203

    Default

    good morning everyone

  9. #204

    Default

    I don't even want to look at the 45 other pages since I went to sleep. Someone lock this pls

  10. #205
    Forum Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    1,948

    Default

    ive been trying to get this thread locked or nuked since page 11.

    farewell thread. it has not been good knowing you

  11. #206

    Default

    i will not say what kinda night in mumble it was but it was certainly a night in mumble

  12. #207

    Default

    to nine:
    I am looking into the medal issues, thanks for your patience.
    In the future it would be easier for everyone if you pm me with issues like this, I think solutions are pretty easy to find.

    to everyone else:

    Page after page of rage posting and silly images is just a waste of everyone's time and energy.
    Last edited by Fornaught; April 3rd, 2017 at 01:29 PM.
    Don't waste my time, be real, be serious and you will get that in return. I always assume people are well-intentioned, until it is proved otherwise.

  13. #208

    Default

    Dear Nine-Tailed and colleagues,

    I was made aware of this issue when I read your post not even 12 hours ago (and 50 pages ago) and have been looking into this with the other head admins. I apologize for setting any false expectations and the disappointment that I can only imagine comes with it. I am not the person who hands out medals and when writing that post for Season 22 I was under the misconception that I would be able to provide placements medals for all divisions. This was a misunderstanding on my part, and not the league's. Each medal is a unique item to the game, and currently none were made. I will continue to look into alternative solutions, but at this time I can promise nothing. My apologies again.

    -doppel
    Last edited by doppel; April 3rd, 2017 at 10:43 AM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •