Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Highlander Season 21 - Map and Weapons Survey Results

I leave for process's last season and come back for its return? what the fuck is this punishment

Is this the part where we replace HL with 7v7?

Quote Originally Posted by snowblindfrog View Post
    We have no plans of removing any TF2 format. We will continue to be here providing people a free place to play until the day that we're down to like only 10 teams signing up.
    Guess my preferred format will never be realized lol

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe View Post
    you're right. it's just a sniper.
    its just a class that can instantly kill every single other class from any range with the previous exception of ubercharged players and heavies wielding fists of steel, now fists don't work unless you're buffed. i think karl made a post earlier saying that these weapon unbans hurt the heavy class a lot, and that's one of the things we need to look at coming into this season.

snipers only weakness, that being he has 125 HP (185 overhealed) is countered by the current meta, which is to play with a pocket sniper. while the razor ban helps, machina unban makes this 1 step forward, two steps back.

if you play against shit snipers every week then yeah it's just sniper, but if you have to play against an actual good sniper (bo4r, barycenter, andrew, maybe blinxy), you're fucked.
    the 125/185 hp is easily countered by doing that much damage which is just a bit of spam or 2 meaty shots

Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    he just posts baits now for attention I guess
    i guess posting an unpopular opinion is just intentionally begging for attention now lol

Quote Originally Posted by crab_f View Post
    the 125/185 hp is easily countered by doing that much damage which is just a bit of spam or 2 meaty shots

i guess posting an unpopular opinion is just intentionally begging for attention now lol
    Jokes on us!

if you dont agree with me you can tell me why. you dont have to be a dick because you think my opinion sucks lol

crab is in discord talking about how he's trolling the forums rn lol

Quote Originally Posted by carcin View Post
    crab is in discord talking about how he's trolling the forums rn lol
    ...im not?
    someone please tell me why you cant just simply kill the sniper without being insanely smug or passive-aggressive

...im not?
    someone please tell me why you cant just simply kill the sniper without being insanely smug or passive-aggressive
    because the reality for a lot of teams is that highlander is not a 9v9 attack on a payload or control point, its a tower defense where their base is the sniper. good sniper = u have 8 people on ur ass for getting close to him.

...im not?
    Sniper dies enough. Going back to S18 with razorback allowed, snipers were roughly 3rd in their team for deaths for plat. Considering spy should always top death and then soldier likely second, this seems alright to me.

So yeah the problem isn't sniper staying alive, with the exception of bad map design in a few places. The problem is that sniper is usually top or second fragging (which is fine and will happen even if sniper ran only stock with no secondary or melee), but machina provides a practically free upgrade in this area. The downsides rarely matter, but the free damage for <4 seconds of standing still does matter and impacts everyone. I could give you numbers about how it cuts down the viability of buffs for most classes, but all that really does is shows why extra damage is extra damage for a class that doesn't need it, and already has enough options for unlocks.
    Last edited by Enderp; January 12th, 2017 at 12:12 PM.

Why not just have a division specific map selection and ban list? That way every division gets what they want.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenKnife View Post
    Why not just have a division specific map selection and ban list? That way every division gets what they want.
    Because when people move up from silver to plat they will complain that they can't use broken weapons to compensate for the lack of skill

Also, consistency is important.
    6:07 AM - Vegan: do NOT shit post on my threads. I didn't kneel to you and give the spot right away. Go the fuck back to silver where you belong and don't talk shit because you have nothing to say

If EU is the main reason why the machina is allowed. Why don't they have their own whitelist with it while NA has it banned? I really think it'll be silly if it's allowed when NA platinum and gold players want it banned for good reasons. It would also be sad for UGC to see them taking opinions of lower divs over the higher divs as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Gus View Post
    Because when people move up from silver to plat they will complain that they can't use broken weapons to compensate for the lack of skill

Also, consistency is important.
    That point is true but wouldn't that just be an issue for a division specific weapon ban list rather than just the division specific map list?

Quote Originally Posted by Zabi View Post
    If EU is the main reason why the machina is allowed. Why don't they have their own whitelist with it while NA has it banned? I really think it'll be silly if it's allowed when NA platinum and gold players want it banned for good reasons. It would also be sad for UGC to see them taking opinions of lower divs over the higher divs as well.
    also divisions are not weighted to normalize the impact on the league avg so lower divisions (with a lot more players) have greater influence on the league avg.