Banned Map & Weapon Glitches
Starting Highlander Season 15, UGC will implement a blanket-ban policy on map & weapon glitches. We ask that teams be cooperative with each other, spread the word around and do so in a proactive manner. Warn your opponents of these glitches before they use them unintentionally. A dispute can lead to a round replay or a round loss, which can cause more harm than good for both teams.
Under Section 9 - Cheating and Ban Policy of our Rules, Section 9.2 has been revised to:
9.2 Map, weapons and game engine exploits - The intentional use of exploits of map flaws, weapons and game engine bugs are not allowed. Use of exploits in a match can result in either the round being replayed or the offending team may lose the round.
- Example #1: Engineer buildings may not be placed in areas in which the opposing team is unable to destroy them. This includes but is not limited to maps that allow* you to build a teleporter inside the spawn room itself (such as on Ashville). Exception: Some maps, like cp_steel and cp_gravelpit, have a protected area outside of the spawn room which is still behind gates (this area is defined as your team's base). You are allowed *to build engie buildings in your base (as long as it's not in your actual spawn room).**
- Example #2: Players may not shoot through solid surfaces or doors that are intended to be closed. This includes but is not limited to the A door on cp_steel.
- Example #3: Storing krit punches on the engineer's gunslinger is not allowed.
- Example #4: Engies are not permitted to build a teleporter in the small closed off room at Red's last CP on pl_upward.
A blanket-ban policy means that banned exploits are not limited to the list below.
To report additional glitches & exploits, please post here
- Shooting into the BLU spawn on point 1 from point 4 is illegal. Example
- Building a teleporter in the small closed off room at Red's last control point is illegal. Example
- On 3rd point, blocking the cart through the following bridge glitch is illegal. Example
- Shooting through door A while doors are intended to be closed is illegal. You can shoot when doors start to open, as they are no longer intended to be closed. Example w/ pyro, Example w/ soldier
- Shooting stickies into BLU's team base with the following angle is illegal. Example
- Building a teleporter in your spawn room is illegal.
- Storing crit punches on your teammates with your gunslinger as an engineer is illegal. Example
- Stocking balls with the sandman as scout is illegal. During setup time, the scout can throw a ball on the floor, resupply to a cabinet and repeat the operation. This can leave a high number of balls at his disposal once setup time is over.