September 18th, 2014, 09:40 AM
How To Play: KOTH Maps (Highlander)
Match Play and Scoring
The winning team is the first to reach 4 total points. The match is played in two halves. The first half is over when 1 team reaches 3 points. The second half is over when 1 team reaches 4 TOTAL points (including points from first half) or when the other scores 3 points.
Overtime: If teams are tied after 2 rounds (for example: 3-3), a 3rd Overtime (OT) round will be played where the first team to earn a point, wins.
Possible Match Scores: 4-0, 4-1, 4-2, or 4-3
For the full set of HL rules, see our rules page.
Example Server Commands
- Authenticate to your server with rcon_password ( rcon_password p455w0rd )
- Execute the config from the command line ( rcon exec ugc_HL_koth.cfg )
- Reload the map. This is necessary for Source TV to start recording ( rcon changelevel koth_pro_viaduct_rc4 ).
- Match Over: Run "rcon exec ugc_off.cfg" to hault Source TV, to save the server log file, and to reset your server to it's normal default server.cfg at map change with your normal server Settings.
Please log into your server provider's control panel and ensure "sv_pure" is set to "2". You may experience some technical difficulties if this is not done, not to mention sv_pure is required to play official UGC matches.
- Heinsight article on the basics of Koth
- Heinsight article on Viaduct
- Heinsight article on Lakeside
- Heinsight article on Ramjam
Last edited by Kumori; September 23rd, 2015 at 06:59 PM.