PDA

View Full Version : 6v6 Championship Finals - Predictions

SpaceCadet`HX
April 22nd, 2013, 12:48 PM
Good luck to all teams playing in their bracket Championship matches.

PLATINUM BRACKET

PLATINUM CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
4heads vs. |sb – What an amazing Platinum season so far. I have enjoyed keeping track of the matches and sb has had the most exciting season in my opinion. They are 4-0 in matches that have come down to the final round. How much more clutch can you get? 4heads is the only remaining undefeated team and have obviously been the top team all season long. They have defeated every team and most wins have been dominant. Two of those include 5-0 wins over sb on Snakewater and Granary. I can’t help but always cheer for the underdog team in most situations. While I can cheer for sb, I have to put my prediction with 4heads to finish the season with a perfect 12-0 record and the Platinum Championship.

SILVER BRACKET

SILVER CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
OTHM vs. MM – Silver Match of the Week – OTHM is the top team in Silver for good reason. During the regular season they were rarely challenged and have so far coasted through the playoff bracket. The coasting ends here as they face a strong MM team in the finals. These teams played in week 8 on Gravel Pit but results on that map don’t say much. MM has been solid on mostly every map and has a very strong team. This is going to be a close match and I am going to pick MM to win the Silver Championship in an upset 2 maps to 0.

PM5 vs. WompWomp – PM5 took MM to the limit last week and almost pulled out a victory. This is a very strong team and could easily be playing in the championship match this week. I have a hard time figuring out where Womp is at right now. The forfeit win over Underdog would have been a good gauge had that match actually been played. PM5 has played mostly the top tier Silver teams while Womp has played mostly mid/low tier Silver teams. I have to believe PM5 is significantly stronger, they win this match.

STEEL TITLE BRACKET

STEEL CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
LNT vs. 5.5 – LNT has the undisputed strongest record in Steel this season. If you review the matches or have been keeping track of the season, you will notice they have racked up wins over top 5 /10 teams all season long. The one misstep on Gravel Pit is not even a factor. Simply put, LNT is on a tear right now and most recently beat the giant killers in TSH 5-1. They face 5.5 in the finals who have proven their worth over the last 2 weeks with 5-3 wins over Cola and SixPack. This will be a rematch from week 7 on Badlands where LNT solidly won over 5.5. This should be a fantastic match and I see LNT taking the Steel Championship.

TSH vs. Cola – Steel Match of the Week – TSH lost a heartbreaker last week. After taking down the Steel powerhouse 2d in dramatic fashion, they could undoubtedly taste the championship match. LNT had other ideas and put them down 5-1. Cola had been coasting through the bracket until last week when 5.5 ended their run. Normally one would pick the Championship as the Match of the Week but this is a great match that simply cannot be ignored. I see some very competitive rounds with TSH winning 2 out of 3 maps. Looking forward to watching this match if it is recorded.

H2K vs. Whiteguy – Steel B Bracket Final – H2K proved me wrong last week with a solid 5-1 victory over 0wins. That propelled them into the finals where they face Whiteguy. These teams faced-off on Via Duct during week 4 and H2K dominated just like they have done throughout the playoffs. H2K wins this match and the Steel B Bracket.

0wins vs. SLAM – 0wins has had a good season. They barely missed qualifying for the Upper Steel bracket and seemed set to win the B Bracket until H2K derailed them last week. SLAM had a slow start going 0-3, but have finished 7-2 up to this point. I don’t know how close this match is going to be but my gut feeling is that 0wins is going to be too strong for Slam. 0wins takes this.

Packet Loss Gaming vs. Cubed – Steel C Bracket Final – As predicted last week, Packet Loss should not be in this bottom bracket. They are too strong for the teams in this bracket and it shows in the match results. Cubed has had a fine run in the playoffs despite a poor regular season. Packet Loss will take this match and win the Steel C Bracket.

png vs.twi – How png is playing in this match is amazing to me. They are 2-3 in their last 5 and have advanced through the bracket! twi was on a 3 match winning streak until last week when Cubed rolled them to advance. I thought SLAM had the momentum to make it to the finals but I was wrong. I will pick twi in this barn burner.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Prediction Record

Match of the Week – 8-8
Platinum – 17-5
Silver – 18-10
Steel – 30-18
Overall – 65-33 (66%)

Cold--
April 22nd, 2013, 12:52 PM
Go Silly Bears!

quindali
April 22nd, 2013, 01:16 PM
thanks for the support you guys are awesome. we'll do our best! hopefully got a few more close games left :P

PS. |sb and MM (silver) are very close teams, we're all good friends with each other and their leader informed yesterday me that due to conflicts, their starting demo (battery) and medic (stanley) won't be playing this wednesday. =/ however MM probably has one of the strongest sub rosters i've ever seen so this should still be an exciting match! also random coincidence, both |sb and MM's games will be playing granary and badlands hahaha

i'm rooting for MM and 5.5 gl guys! and thanks to admins and players for making this an exciting playoffs <3

SpaceCadet`HX
April 22nd, 2013, 05:15 PM
thanks for the support you guys are awesome. we'll do our best! hopefully got a few more close games left :P

PS. |sb and MM (silver) are very close teams, we're all good friends with each other and their leader informed yesterday me that due to conflicts, their starting demo (battery) and medic (stanley) won't be playing this wednesday. =/ however MM probably has one of the strongest sub rosters i've ever seen so this should still be an exciting match! also random coincidence, both |sb and MM's games will be playing granary and badlands hahaha

i'm rooting for MM and 5.5 gl guys! and thanks to admins and players for making this an exciting playoffs <3

Ouch, that is going to be tough not having your starting demo and medic. Thanks for the info but I am still going to stick with my initial pick. I haven't backtracked on any picks so far, so I'll stick with MM!

Wakka
April 22nd, 2013, 05:30 PM
if stanleys team loses i will find him and beat him up irl

but it's ok they will do better now since they dont have to carry stanley

quindali
April 22nd, 2013, 08:22 PM
if stanleys team loses i will find him and beat him up irl

but it's ok they will do better now since they dont have to carry stanley

basically lol cos they'll have nosferatu on med and mustardoverlord for demo... :P

trngl
April 25th, 2013, 12:41 AM
ggs and grats to TSH

l!k3ab0ss
April 25th, 2013, 07:08 AM
ggs and grats to TSH

thank you guys ! you all played really well and gave us 3 great matches :3

if someone wants to see them :

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/u3z27skxln0w2z7/RWOP-EOONa

JessikaJung
April 26th, 2013, 04:10 AM
thank you guys ! you all played really well and gave us 3 great matches :3

if someone wants to see them :

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/u3z27skxln0w2z7/RWOP-EOONa

Who the hell chose gpit...?

l!k3ab0ss
April 26th, 2013, 07:03 AM
Who the hell chose gpit...?

they chose that map, and did great in it. They won that map, and we won the other 2 (process and viaduct)

Trohnics
April 26th, 2013, 08:36 AM
STVs for the steel finals:

Map 1: http://www.garagegamingfest.com/gullywash.zip

Map 2: http://www.garagegamingfest.com/process.zip

Map 3: http://www.garagegamingfest.com/viaduct.zip

Lemme know if there are any issues.

I played like a potato.

GG.

I didn't feel like typing it but there ya go.

SpaceCadet`HX
April 26th, 2013, 10:08 AM
Well that's the season. Congrats to all the winning teams and thanks for posting the demo's. I look forward to watching them.

I hope you guys enjoyed reading my predictions. They were fun to do at work and made some of my days go really fast. haha

Final totals for this season

Match of the Week -- 9-9
Platinum Div. --18-5
Silver Div. -- 19-11
Steel Div. -- 35-19
Overall -- 72-35 (67%)

quindali
April 26th, 2013, 04:05 PM
yeah, it was definitely a lot of fun reading these each week, hopefully we can get more people doing predictions next season!