PDA

View Full Version : Round 3 - Bracket Predictions - Elite 8

SpaceCadet`HX
April 8th, 2013, 04:00 PM
The Steel Title bracket this week is awesome! All 4 matches are going to be strong and competitive games. I am looking forward to seeing who advances. Good luck to all the teams.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLATINUM – 3rd Round

4heads vs. |sb – 4heads got a big scare last week against 7PM but managed to pull-out a 4-3 victory. 4heads should be a very strong team on a map like Granary and sb’s record gives me concern. During week 2, sb defeated an average Silver team on Granary but lost 2 rounds. Perhaps there were roster issues at the time or sb just might have problems on Granary. I could be missing information but based off this it doesn’t look too good. I have to take 4heads with a solid victory.

TG vs. CRR – PLATINUM Match of the Week – TG has not played a match in close to 3 weeks but on a map like Granary, rust might not be much of an issue. CRR rolled TG on Badlands during week 7 and, in my opinion, have been the strongest Platinum team aside 4heads. CRR wins 5-2.

7PM vs. YEE – Both teams had fantastic matches last week that were decided in the final round. I don’t think YEE anticipated taking sb to overtime but played a solid match. 7PM almost upset the top team last week and showed they are for real. Both teams are facing elimination for the first time and I am going to take 7PM with the victory.

VET vs. octo – octo are the defending champions and have a very good team....when they actually show-up for the match. 4 out of the last 5 weeks, octo has either been in a Forfeit Win or Forfeit Loss situation. I can't predict a victory for a team that has problems showing up for the match. Vet has proven to be a solid team and lost a nail-biter in the first round to 7PM. More than that, I know Vet will actually show for the match. Vet Advances.

SILVER – 3rd Round – Elite 8

OTHM vs. N/A – SILVER Match of the Week – This is a tough choice. I want to take N/A because my gut feeling is telling me this is an upset waiting to happen. I may have regret after this week because I cannot pick against OTHM right now. They have a 7 match winning streak and those wins include XUR, PM5, Underdog and MM who are all among the top teams in Silver. OTHM Wins 5-3.

Underdog vs. WompWomp – I predicted against WompWomp last week and they proved me wrong with a solid victory. They have really played well this season but I think it ends right here. Underdog will be real strong on Granary while WompWomp lost to a below average Silver team on Granary earlier this season. Underdog advances to the final four.

XUR vs. PM5 – Oh Yeah! I love rematches! Speaking for myself, I love to get some revenge on the team/players that defeated me in the past. PM5 won a hard fought match last week against 90lg but this time they face a much stronger team. XUR rolled PM5 on Granary during week 2. I don’t expect a different result, XUR wins.

MM vs. Cowabunga – In an overtime thriller last week, Cowabunga derailed ZRTF’s playoff hopes but they run into a Silver powerhouse this week. MM will be too strong and will advance.

STEEL – 3rd Round – Elite 8

2d vs. TSH – 2d has been overpowering this season in Steel. They have yet to face a truly competitive match but I believe that may change this week. I know TSH is a solid team and they seem to be hungry right now which should make for an excellent match. Any of the 4 Steel matches this week could have been my MotW and this one is no exception. I pick 2d to advance.

LNT vs. ProBC – STEEL Match of the Week – LNT has only 1 loss this season and ironically it was provided by ProBC on Gravel Pit. I believe it was mentioned that I LOVE rematches and I know this will be a fantastic match. ProBC already has a loss on Granary this season to 5.5. That doesn’t tell us much because 5.5 is a really good team. LNT was gifted with a high seed in this tournament because of an error made by the league. As a result, they have advanced with easier matches up to this point. This will be LNT’s first test in the playoffs and I see them pulling out a victory 5-3.

Get Artistic vs. Cola – Well…well…well… if it isn’t my prediction nemesis Get Artistic. 3 weeks in a row I predict them to lose and 3 weeks in a row they win to prove me wrong. I am having some strange doubts about my pick in this match, as if I were in direct control of the outcome somehow. Cola is on a 6 win streak and seem quite strong while Artistic has been completely destroying teams for the past week 3 weeks. If I were to pick Cola, Artistic would feel right at home and advance with no problems. If I were to pick Artistic, the universal balance could shift and they may easily lose the match. Either way, Artistic will not be happy with me! What is that saying?

Fool me once; shame on you.
Fool me twice; shame on me.
Fool me three times; I’ll have to predict for you the 4th time
Get Artistic wins.

5.5 vs. SixPack – I would love to know the details about last week’s match and subsequent dispute. From my understanding, Snakes beat 5.5 in the first game. Then there was a dispute or some sort and the match was replayed on Sunday. The final result was a 4-0 spanking by 5.5 and one of the bracket favorites was knocked out.

All of that aside, this is a good matchup. Sixpack continues to rack up wins but the results are not as strong as expected. The other team is able to secure a few rounds here and there. Perhaps Sixpack pulls-out late in the match and ease up to make it last longer and to enjoy it more. Comeon, you all know what I am talking about here. You never tell the other person that you’re doing it. We all did it a few times right?
5.5 has been my sleeper team in this division since the start. If they can beat Snakes 4-0, they can take the whole thing. 5.5 will advance.

Current Prediction Record:

Match of the Week – 5-5
Platinum Division – 14-2
Silver Division – 14-8
Steel Division – 25-13
Overall – 53-25 (71%)

Tih
April 8th, 2013, 11:57 PM
About the 5.5 VS snakes deal

We originally played with 1 person down from our first roster, with 5.5 absoulutely denying us of any ringers,and we actually considered playing with only 5 people, but we were lucky enough to have an old old scout backup who happened to be on at the time. The match was played, being a great match. However, the instant my team leader gave 5.5 the STV, they found that our med used the medevil medic set and called for a rematch with only one of the admins. After a fucking tiring dispute, the one admin set-up a rematch. The other admin finally got word of this and did not blame us, considering there are site errors over rules. But sadly the one admin acted way to quickly and we were stuck in a rematch with 2 of our starters gone, 2 ringers who had no idea what the hell we wanted to do, and next to no practice at all. Its a fucking no brainer what happened, and i highly doubt +1 hp regen caused us to win an entire match. I don't think i've ever been more disappointed in 7 people before in my entire life. Its almost like they wanted us to play with as many handicaps as possible to ensure they win.

I held back on making this shit public but it aggravated me way to damn much. Hope you enjoy your win against an incredibly impaired team, 5.5. And no, they will not advance. If they do i know what really happened.

Edit: i should say 2 admins agreed with us, since one was an old admin but had no power in the decision making. I really fucking want to say this admins name, who caused us so much grief.

Trohnics
April 9th, 2013, 01:10 AM
"This will be LNT’s first test in the playoffs"

First test? Maybe :>

Phelix
April 9th, 2013, 02:59 AM
Get Artistic vs. Cola – Well…well…well… if it isn’t my prediction nemesis Get Artistic. 3 weeks in a row I predict them to lose and 3 weeks in a row they win to prove me wrong. I am having some strange doubts about my pick in this match, as if I were in direct control of the outcome somehow. Cola is on a 6 win streak and seem quite strong while Artistic has been completely destroying teams for the past week 3 weeks. If I were to pick Cola, Artistic would feel right at home and advance with no problems. If I were to pick Artistic, the universal balance could shift and they may easily lose the match. Either way, Artistic will not be happy with me! What is that saying?

Fool me once; shame on you.
Fool me twice; shame on me.
Fool me three times; I’ll have to predict for you the 4th time
Get Artistic wins.

I enjoyed this a lot. Pegman's on the other team so we have to beat him so we'll probably scrim this week

What I'm trying to say is we're totally gonna lose.

Pegman
April 9th, 2013, 07:31 AM
I enjoyed this a lot. Pegman's on the other team so we have to beat him so we'll probably scrim this week

What I'm trying to say is we're totally gonna lose.

8)

/10coolfaces

SpaceCadet`HX
April 9th, 2013, 02:07 PM

We originally played with 1 person down from our first roster, with 5.5 absoulutely denying us of any ringers,and we actually considered playing with only 5 people, but we were lucky enough to have an old old scout backup who happened to be on at the time. The match was played, being a great match. However, the instant my team leader gave 5.5 the STV, they found that our med used the medevil medic set and called for a rematch with only one of the admins. After a fucking tiring dispute, the one admin set-up a rematch. The other admin finally got word of this and did not blame us, considering there are site errors over rules. But sadly the one admin acted way to quickly and we were stuck in a rematch with 2 of our starters gone, 2 ringers who had no idea what the hell we wanted to do, and next to no practice at all. Its a fucking no brainer what happened, and i highly doubt +1 hp regen caused us to win an entire match. I don't think i've ever been more disappointed in 7 people before in my entire life. Its almost like they wanted us to play with as many handicaps as possible to ensure they win.

I held back on making this shit public but it aggravated me way to damn much. Hope you enjoy your win against an incredibly impaired team, 5.5. And no, they will not advance. If they do i know what really happened.

Edit: i should say 2 admins agreed with us, since one was an old admin but had no power in the decision making. I really fucking want to say this admins name, who caused us so much grief.

Thanks for the explanation. wow

That is a pretty unfortunate ending because I knew that was going to be a competitive match.

quindali
April 9th, 2013, 03:17 PM
i just hope there aren't more ffw lol

SpaceCadet`HX
April 9th, 2013, 03:31 PM
i just hope there aren't more ffw lol

Yeah I agree. The forfeit's have really plagued the Platinum division this season. Silver and Steel seem to be doing just fine though.

quindali
April 9th, 2013, 06:53 PM

who's server was it on? if it was an away game for you guys, that's their fault. if a home game then your fault entirely for not running proper whitelists and you can't blame them for exploiting logistical rules for a rematch, not like they'd know you'd be down your starting roster for the second match

Bowswer5
April 9th, 2013, 07:14 PM
I just noticed you typed "7PM" like "PM5" and put "PM7" instead.

Lol.

noobs
April 9th, 2013, 07:22 PM
I suppose this is where both sides get to make their case.

Our policy has always been to deny any ringers. It's simply a rule we always had though I suppose I should mention that the first ringer they proposed, with no shame, was a platinum player "Oh but he would only be playing as a scout". It seems that if you wanted to, in good faith, have an even match you would propose someone of equal caliber to begin with.

On with the shadiness! After the match their leader had lost/misplaced/couldn't find the STVs until, by the good graces of the TF2 gods, he found them when the admin had requested them. It was a very close match where there were crucial times that were, indeed, won due to the regen of the medievil set. Or.. you can simply choose to not review the videos and say it didn't affect the outcome of the game. The discussion itself with the admin happened behind the scenes and as soon as we heard there would be a rematch we let their leader know. Unfortunately he didn't agree with the picture proof that we had messaged him to tell him there was to be a rematch on Friday before midnight. With their leader not responding before match time we frantically had to start adding their members to ask them if they had been told there was a rematch to which they said no - queue more talks with the admins. There were talks of the rerematch happening that night (Saturday) or Sunday. To summarize the lengthy conversations, Sunday was agreed upon but we wanted to play as a team and wanted it to happen at 10 as some of our younger members couldn't stay up past that. In case that couldn't happen, however, it was agreed that both teams could have a ringer from a steel team that was already eliminated. As you might expect of the snakes by now, they tried pretty hard to want to screw us out of a ringer of our choice and wanted to have the approval first with the excuse that "they got to screw us by denying us the ringer of our choice in the first match". The admin simply said that a ringer from a steel team that was already eliminated would be fair to both teams.

Game night, but the slithering isn't done! Either due to extremely poor planning on their part (a little hard to believe as it was a playoff game) or through willingly wanting to be difficult, their 6th couldn't show up on time. In fact, they apparently couldn't find a 6th until 30 minutes after the game was supposed to have taken place by which time one of our members had to leave and we were forced to play with the ringer. Strange coincidence.

I also feel that I should mention that they were incredibly good sports about it. They even went out of their way to show support and get a rl picture of one of our members (3 of their members) and use his face as their avatar. They were obviously rooting for us and we truly felt lifted by their good wishes. So much so that once, during the match, we spawn camped them in what we have now dubbed "the meat grinder" and stayed there for a minute. Oh the blood! We couldn't have pulled this off if it wasn't for their unwavering support. Kisses.

We won’t be responding to anything else regarding this match. We felt, though, that it was worth putting the other side to.. whatever part of the community that cares about this kind of drama so that they can make up their own minds. Also this all took place on their server.

Ps, do people really not know it's a banned set? This far in the season? Also that it's banned from ESEA and that UGC generally follows the same blacklist as ESEA. Or that if it was allowed we'd be seeing it more than we do? You can lead a snake to water but...

l!k3ab0ss
April 9th, 2013, 07:47 PM
Tih, if you guys knew that someone wouldn't be there for the ugc match, you guys should have asked to play the match another day. You guys didn't, so it is your own fault. Every team has the right to deny you a ringer, and also I'm pretty sure you aren't supposed to have ringers that aren't on your roster in the playoff weeks.

About the rematch, I think they were nice enough to give one. If someone did that to us, we would just take the win, not offer a rematch. It is what it is buddy.

trngl
April 9th, 2013, 08:24 PM
We're playing with Pegman tomorrow. We're probably going to lose.

SpaceCadet`HX
April 9th, 2013, 09:41 PM
I just noticed you typed "7PM" like "PM5" and put "PM7" instead.

Lol.

good catch, fixed!

Tih
April 9th, 2013, 11:09 PM
who's server was it on? if it was an away game for you guys, that's their fault. if a home game then your fault entirely for not running proper whitelists and you can't blame them for exploiting logistical rules for a rematch, not like they'd know you'd be down your starting roster for the second match

Both crossbow and amputator are allowed in the 6s whitelist. Strange isnt it?

Edit: Here is the entire banlist for medic in ugc.
Medic: The Vita-Saw, The Solemn Vow, The Vaccinator.
Listed in the quick info on "the right side column" of the UGC webpage.

Tih
April 9th, 2013, 11:29 PM
I suppose this is where both sides get to make their case.

Our policy has always been to deny any ringers. It's simply a rule we always had though I suppose I should mention that the first ringer they proposed, with no shame, was a platinum player "Oh but he would only be playing as a scout". It seems that if you wanted to, in good faith, have an even match you would propose someone of equal caliber to begin with.

On with the shadiness! After the match their leader had lost/misplaced/couldn't find the STVs until, by the good graces of the TF2 gods, he found them when the admin had requested them. It was a very close match where there were crucial times that were, indeed, won due to the regen of the medievil set. Or.. you can simply choose to not review the videos and say it didn't affect the outcome of the game. The discussion itself with the admin happened behind the scenes and as soon as we heard there would be a rematch we let their leader know. Unfortunately he didn't agree with the picture proof that we had messaged him to tell him there was to be a rematch on Friday before midnight. With their leader not responding before match time we frantically had to start adding their members to ask them if they had been told there was a rematch to which they said no - queue more talks with the admins. There were talks of the rerematch happening that night (Saturday) or Sunday. To summarize the lengthy conversations, Sunday was agreed upon but we wanted to play as a team and wanted it to happen at 10 as some of our younger members couldn't stay up past that. In case that couldn't happen, however, it was agreed that both teams could have a ringer from a steel team that was already eliminated. As you might expect of the snakes by now, they tried pretty hard to want to screw us out of a ringer of our choice and wanted to have the approval first with the excuse that "they got to screw us by denying us the ringer of our choice in the first match". The admin simply said that a ringer from a steel team that was already eliminated would be fair to both teams.

Game night, but the slithering isn't done! Either due to extremely poor planning on their part (a little hard to believe as it was a playoff game) or through willingly wanting to be difficult, their 6th couldn't show up on time. In fact, they apparently couldn't find a 6th until 30 minutes after the game was supposed to have taken place by which time one of our members had to leave and we were forced to play with the ringer. Strange coincidence.

I also feel that I should mention that they were incredibly good sports about it. They even went out of their way to show support and get a rl picture of one of our members (3 of their members) and use his face as their avatar. They were obviously rooting for us and we truly felt lifted by their good wishes. So much so that once, during the match, we spawn camped them in what we have now dubbed "the meat grinder" and stayed there for a minute. Oh the blood! We couldn't have pulled this off if it wasn't for their unwavering support. Kisses.

We won’t be responding to anything else regarding this match. We felt, though, that it was worth putting the other side to.. whatever part of the community that cares about this kind of drama so that they can make up their own minds. Also this all took place on their server.

Ps, do people really not know it's a banned set? This far in the season? Also that it's banned from ESEA and that UGC generally follows the same blacklist as ESEA. Or that if it was allowed we'd be seeing it more than we do? You can lead a snake to water but...

My point was in that your team leader or whoever complained contacted one admin and one admin only. It sounds normal, i don't blame you. But considering the other admin had agreed with us because the site itself had issues (Full set ban is listed in the quick info, not where anybody would look for if they desired a full 6v6 ruleset, which obviously was not listed or we would have seen it. We were not blamed but sadly the other admin decided to go along and schedule a rematch before anybody else with power could say anything.
Onto the match! We played a fantastic first game, had we not? Too bad it was filled with your team spamming binds and apparently calling us cunts.
Sure your team leader was told that ours would go to a concert the day you first scheduled the rematch. But nah i don't think he told you that. Wondrous as to why he never responded! I guess your team leader hides alot from you.
You know know what happened with our 6th? We found out he had a kidney stone. Good on you. Wanna also know why we felt that you people needed motivation in the form of extreme aggravation? Because you did us a favor and we were repaying it.
Oh boy! After, once again, admin mis-communication confused us, we thought with gracious minds that we needed time to find a ringer have it approved. I dear apologize that we were making jokes about how you wanted the forfeit win after the 15 min graze period expired, while we were still talking to admins.
Your sarcastic douche-bag way of talking pronounces how anal you people are. Good job utilizing a mangled flank of your backup doing nothing but bombing. You must have felt strongly about us if you even gave an area a name in honor of us. Kisses!
You wont be responding to us anymore? Pity, atleast my teamleader tells me things and gives me details while yours apparently lies. Your "democracy" as you say your team is, seems flawed. I implore you to give me more as i still have the chatlog from when i made sky speechless, leading to him just removing me after asking him a simple question.

This isnt some justice court to have formal and arrogant conversation. This is an online forum. Step down with that ego of yours or you're never going to garner any type of respect. But your obviously not gonna look back,so i wish you the best of luck, and i hope that your ignorance somehow dwindles.

quindali
April 10th, 2013, 08:19 AM
tl;dr but lol ugc 6s drama? whooooo hl level popularity status here we come! ^^

quindali
April 10th, 2013, 08:23 AM
This isnt some justice court to have formal and arrogant conversation. This is an online forum. Step down with that ego of yours or you're never going to garner any type of respect. But your obviously not gonna look back,so i wish you the best of luck, and i hope that your ignorance somehow dwindles.

okay jk lol did read this part and you're contradicting yourself with that statement... yes good point it is an online forum-- even if he was being formal/arrogant/egotistical that's what comes with the forum package. if dealing with ignorant morons on the internet upsets you i suggest you look elsewhere :)

not that anyone even was being arrogant/egotistical but just a heads up....

Trohnics
April 10th, 2013, 10:52 AM
We should get into the drama that occurred between LNT and eV on ashville.
I think it was funny.

Arcane
April 10th, 2013, 01:46 PM
Thanks for putting effort into these; there's definitely not a lot of coverage for 6s around here. GL to those still in the playoffs.

We should get into the drama that occurred between LNT and eV on ashville.
I think it was funny.

I fail to see how this would be a good place for that. A few of our players had their jimmies rustled, so I suppose if you want to blame anyone for that I'm the person you can be talking to (http://steamcommunity.com/id/unbindall). No reason to be filling up this guy/gal's thread. Good luck tonight :)

Trohnics
April 10th, 2013, 05:16 PM
I fail to see how this would be a good place for that. A few of our players had their jimmies rustled, so I suppose if you want to blame anyone for that I'm the person you can be talking to (http://steamcommunity.com/id/unbindall). No reason to be filling up this guy/gal's thread. Good luck tonight :)

It was a joke.
I actually would've preferred the match to end on a better note since I was friends with a few of your players. Thanks though :)

SpaceCadet`HX
April 11th, 2013, 09:55 AM
LNT vs. ProBC – STEEL Match of the Week – LNT has only 1 loss this season and ironically it was provided by ProBC on Gravel Pit. I believe it was mentioned that I LOVE rematches and I know this will be a fantastic match. ProBC already has a loss on Granary this season to 5.5. That doesn’t tell us much because 5.5 is a really good team. LNT was gifted with a high seed in this tournament because of an error made by the league. As a result, they have advanced with easier matches up to this point. This will be LNT’s first test in the playoffs and I see them pulling out a victory 5-3.

Nailed it, score and all!
:YAHOO:

Trohnics
April 11th, 2013, 10:52 AM
Want the stv? It was quite the match. I think I dropped 5 ubers.

SpaceCadet`HX
April 11th, 2013, 04:12 PM

Sure, that would be great. Thanks.

trngl
April 11th, 2013, 04:37 PM

If you don't mind, I'd be interested in watching it. ; P

Phelix
April 11th, 2013, 05:36 PM
We got you one last time spacecadet :D

Trohnics
April 11th, 2013, 11:02 PM
www.garagegamingfest.com/ugc_roundof8_6s.zip

SpaceCadet`HX
April 12th, 2013, 01:08 AM
We got you one last time spacecadet :D

I already had it chalked up as a loss for me. :)
0 - 4 in your games. I feel like I just got swept out of the Stanley Cup playoffs.

SpaceCadet`HX
April 12th, 2013, 12:53 PM
www.garagegamingfest.com/ugc_roundof8_6s.zip

Thanks for the link.

AndyJ
April 13th, 2013, 06:38 PM
2d vs. TSH – 2d has been overpowering this season in Steel. They have yet to face a truly competitive match but I believe that may change this week. I know TSH is a solid team and they seem to be hungry right now which should make for an excellent match. Any of the 4 Steel matches this week could have been my MotW and this one is no exception. I pick 2d to advance.

What was that now? :D

quindali
April 14th, 2013, 05:10 PM
gg to respawn vet last night! sb won 5-4 in a gut wrenching second elimination match at granary <3 gl next season!

SpaceCadet`HX
April 16th, 2013, 12:09 PM
What was that now? :D

Great win bro, nice upset. I couldn't predict against them. Any team that goes 10-0 is hard to predict against. :)

SpaceCadet`HX
April 16th, 2013, 12:10 PM
gg to respawn vet last night! sb won 5-4 in a gut wrenching second elimination match at granary <3 gl next season!

I see that you guys won 2-0 in the 2nd half.
How did the rounds go in the first half if you recall? Did you win like 4 straight rounds to take the match?