PDA

View Full Version : Round 2 Bracket Predictions - 6v6

SpaceCadet`HX
April 1st, 2013, 04:03 PM
PLATINUM BRACKET

4heads vs. 7PM – During the 1st round last week, 7PM won a well-played match over Vet by the score of 5-4. I knew that was going to be a great match and it should have been my Match of the Week but I am a sucker for back-to-back rematch games and chose differently. This week, 7PM is facing 4heads who have yet to lose. I don’t see how I can predict against 4heads as only 1 Platinum team has given them any room for pause at this point.

YEE vs. |sb – PLATINUM Match of the Week – Both teams are 6-3 and have almost identical losses to the same teams. Surprisingly they have not faced each other yet this season. This is going to be a hard fought match with some very tight rounds. I would love to watch this match. I am going to take YEE by a score of 5-2.

TG vs. Adventure – TG has been very solid and they are the only team that almost beat 4heads in the regular season. TG will be too strong for Adventure in this matchup and will advance.

CRR vs. octo – Unfortunately both team advanced with forfeit wins last week. Octo is a strong team but CRR has impressed me this season. I think CRR will send octo into the bottom bracket this week.

RGFL vs. B3 – b3 has not actually played a match in over a month. Either way RGFL wins.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

SILVER BRACKET

OTHM vs. bEnt – bEnt is a good team but will run into a brick wall this time around. OTHM will advance.

Butterfly vs. N/A – These teams played a very even and competitive match on Gravel Pit during Week 8. While that map doesn’t translate at all to a KOTH map, I expect another close match with N/A coming out with the victory.

Underdog vs. P? – Underdog won the matchup on Viaduct earlier in the season and I expect Pizza to be sliced here on Ashville.

WompWomp vs. eBp – SILVER Match of the Week – Here is my 1st upset in this bracket. Both teams are evenly matched and I expect some close rounds. I think eBp will have the power to take this. 5-1 eBp

XUR vs. gDo – XUR is my pick to win the Silver Bracket. I believe they will advance comfortably this week.

PM5 vs. 90lg – PM5 has lost to only the top teams and 90lg is mostly a mystery to me. I am going against my better judgment here and taking a shot in the dark on this one. 90lg with the win.

MM vs. Hyphy – A wonderful overtime win last week for Hyphy allowed them to advance. They took 5 straight rounds after losing the first 4 and that must have been exciting. These teams faced off in week 3 and it was a close game. I don’t think it will be as tight this time around as MM ends Hyphy’s run this week.

Cowabunga vs. ZRTF – Cowabunga had a solid win to advance last week but faces a red hot ZRTF team who are riding a 4 game winning streak. I expect them to make that a 5 game streak right here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

STEEL BRACKET

2d vs. DE – Who can stop 2d in Steel? I don’t know yet, but it’s not DE, sorry fellas.

Sync vs. TSH – I was very close to making this my Match of the Week and I may come to regret that choice. sync has won some really good matches this season and are on a 3 game winning streak. TSH is looking just as strong and has only lost to the top 2 Steel teams in my opinion. TSH advances.

ProBC vs. FMo – ProBC has been good this season but it ends right here. FMo may be seeded 13th overall but this is a top 3 team in Steel who could take the whole thing. FMo takes this game and advances.

eV vs. LNT – eV seems to be consistently proving my predictions for them to be inaccurate and I don’t like that. Is it smart for me to predict against them again? In this case, yes it is. I believe LNT is the stronger team and will take this match.

D* vs. Get Artistic – Artistic is another team that has shown me the errors in my predictions and ruin my prediction %. I would give them the benefit of the doubt this time around but I have become a believer in the power of the Anus. Anus wins.

Cola vs. ign – We have a fantastic matchup right here. Cola has been good this season and is flying under the radar for now. ign has started to play the good teams in the last 4 weeks with mixed results. Cola will advance.

Snakes vs. 5.5 – STEEL Match of the Week – I view Snakes as the #2 team in the Steel division but they give me pause this week because they don’t seem to perform as strongly on KOTH type maps. 5.5 can make you pay if you don’t being you’re A game and could pull out the upset of the bracket right here. That said, I will still have to stick with Snakes for my prediction 5-3.

iOU vs. SixPack – iOU ended my team’s season last week on Process with a shocking 2nd half comeback. I am not sure what happened but we had a total breakdown. I don’t believe SixPack will have the same implosion we had last week. SixPack advances.

-----------------------------------------------------
Overall Prediction Record:

Match of the Week - 5-2
Platinum Record - 10-1
Silver Record - 9-5
Steel Record - 20-10
Overall Record - 39-16 (71%)

polk
April 3rd, 2013, 03:00 PM
Much love and support for Yee, but as much as I love my teammates, I know |sb should have this with ease. We hope to put on a good match!

My prediction for the top 4 teams are

1. Obviously MAX

2. The Silly Bears

3. Top Gluttons

4. Octo (could be ranked higher, also depends on the roster they use)

ranks 2 and 3 are very close, but I feel one team has more practice than the other.

quindali
April 3rd, 2013, 03:29 PM
sweet predictions! this makes me ^^ cos someone in ugc 6s does predictions hahaha

Much love and support for Yee, but as much as I love my teammates, I know |sb should have this with ease. We hope to put on a good match!

^ dis guy <3

gl tonightttt please don't laser beam us :3

SpaceCadet`HX
April 3rd, 2013, 05:07 PM
You know, I need this information before I make my predictions. You guys are trying to screwup my win%. :>:o:

Although, I am 10-1 in Platinum, sb better watch out!

Phelix
April 3rd, 2013, 05:42 PM
D* vs. Get Artistic – Artistic is another team that has shown me the errors in my predictions and ruin my prediction %. I would give them the benefit of the doubt this time around but I have become a believer in the power of the Anus. Anus wins.

your doubt fuels our victories

..that and getting the chance to beat pegman. I'll probably quit showing up for matches if we do that

lol

Pegman
April 3rd, 2013, 11:04 PM
your doubt fuels our victories

..that and getting the chance to beat pegman. I'll probably quit showing up for matches if we do that

lol

:(

/10tears

trngl
April 4th, 2013, 03:27 AM
We spent a week working out how we would play ashville & it was well worth it. GG ign.

quindali
April 5th, 2013, 05:46 AM
haha yeah seriously fuck ashville. #neveragain

SpaceCadet`HX
April 5th, 2013, 03:48 PM
My MotW choices were pretty good this week even if I did not chose the winning teams. sb vs YEE went down to the final round and Snakes vs 5.5 was another great match.
Looks like I was in the positive in every division again. Still hovering around 70% correct. The matches I got wrong were REALLY REALLY wrong but that makes it fun.

This Weeks Record:

Match of the Week - 0-3
Platinum - 4-1
Silver - 5-3
Steel - 5-3

Overall Record:
Match of the Week - 5-5
Platinum Division - 14-2
Silver Division - 14-8
Steel Division - 25-13
Overall Record - 53-23 (71%)

noobs
April 5th, 2013, 05:50 PM
Nothing to see here..

polk
April 5th, 2013, 05:52 PM
4 FFWs and 2 close matches, c'mon folks this is the playoffs. play your matches!

quindali
April 5th, 2013, 06:32 PM
4 FFWs and 2 close matches, c'mon folks this is the playoffs. play your matches!

yeah seriously we got cheated out of process there is no justice in this world xD

SpaceCadet`HX
April 8th, 2013, 10:17 AM
Anyone have any idea what happened with the Snakes vs 5.5 match? First Snakes won 4-3 I think, then the match is getting replayed. Now I see that 5.5 has advanced in the bracket on a 4-0 win?

Was that a forfeit win or some kind of DQ loss for Snakes?

noobs
April 8th, 2013, 02:26 PM
There was a rematch last night at 10.